No announcement yet.

Bedini Comparator Cap Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Tom,my meter is a analog ammeter and the dump is done once 2sec.so its not too fast.Do you know how to make the circuit discharge longer?

Comment

post a sketch of which circuit you are using...

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

skematic

Rs,schematic with ron chase dump led,and on/off leds
        Attached Files

Comment

not familiar with that circuit.... maybe RS can chime in here.. want to say you can change R7 to a potentiometer, but not sure what is making the 741 go hi
          Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Tried,nothing hapened,thx.

Comment

Originally posted by adys15 View Post
              thanks Tom,my meter is a analog ammeter and the dump is done once 2sec.so its not too fast.Do you know how to make the circuit discharge longer?
              Hi adys15, the simplest solution to lower the pulse freq is making cap bigger. 2 times bigger = half freq. but not the pulse rate is important. try to get a discharge voltage of approx 24V !
              And another fact i figured out: The battery to cap ratio is 1Ah/ 3000 uF = 20Ah needs 60.000uF . just my experienced params - hope this can help...

have fun

Comment

Thanks for input hobbyrobotik,like i said the freq is set by the pot.but not the discharge duration.that is what i want,like in a 555 setup you can adjust the mark/space independent,the comparator cannot be adjusted like that.

Comment

Hi adys15,

I have been using the circuit you posted in post #13 of this thread. And with the battery and the caps I was using it was discharging not to the point I wanted. It was going down to 20 or 19 volts and I wanted it to go to 16 or 15 volts. After I played a little bit with it I changed the value of the C5 cap on that circuit first to 10uF, than to 50uF, 100uF, and 1000uf. In the circuit posted by RS that would be the capacitor C2.
                  With the 1000uF the ON time went to around 2 seconds which was too much. With that much time it discharged the cap to the battery voltage of course and the interesting was that the battery gets a punch from the cap discharge and than some radiant pulses during the rest of the ON time.
                  I say it was interesting but I don't think it is a desirable.
                  A 100uf in my case did what I wanted. Capacitors (a bank of 2200uf) filled to twice the battery voltage and than discharge them in a single pulse to a few volts above the battery voltage.

Hope that will help with what you are looking for or tune better your circuit.

In the Bedini Monopole 1 - Advanced section of the forum there are a few more threads about Cap Dump so you can read there as well and learn from the experience of other users.

Regards
                  Lman

Comment

Hi adys15, regarding discharge duration - you cannot adjust the discharge duration.
                    with the 555 you can only adjust the charge duration (while transistor is off). this results in different
                    Voltage levels where the cap discharges = energy content.
                    discharge duration depends on the impedance of your charge battery.
                    btw. a (good) comparator circuit can be adjustet to a switch on voltage and a switch off voltage with resistor
                    or pot. but you will never find a circuit with adjustments for freq and duration and the switching voltages.

regards

Comment

Lman thanks very much i will try that.The circuit posted by me in post 13 has a flaw.Pin 5 of h11d1 and colector of bd243 should be conected to the +of the batery,like in RS's skematic,if conected after the 5w resistor,the freq of the coil interferes with the dump freq.red led blinks haotic)
                      hobbyrobotik i'm using dave lawton pwm and i can adjust discharge freq with the 10k pot,turned way down it pulses longer.you can look on the scope to see the on time geting wider.
                      Lman I read all forums recarding comparators ,and from what i'v seen cap dumping is charging more consistant,direct spikes=fluffy charge,but it helps conditioning the batery and forcing it to take more charge.So i cannot push a baterry higher with cap dump,i have to spike it first.
                      What is your dumping amps into the batt?

Comment

adys15,
                        Thanks for telling me about the flow in that circuit. May be that was the reason that it was not discharging well at first as probably it did not open fully the gate of the MOSFET. But after I changed that C5 capacitor it was ok or at least it seems so. Since RS has been at the conference I believe his circuit is closer to the truth and I will have it in mind the next time I play again with the cap dump.
                        I have not noticed any interference but let me tell you what I was doing. I was toying with a small SS oscillator and pulsing a crappy gel battery which was so much sulphated that I barely brought it back to 9 volts. I was pulsing that battery with radiant pulses for months and it stayed at around 9 volts, so I thought it has probably a bad cells and that is the max I can get it to. After I built the Cap Dump, I was filling the cap bank with the same SS oscillator and after a few minutes of discharging into the same crappy battery it came to 14 volts. That really impressed me. Just out of curiosity I put an Am meter to see the pulses and the needle was not going above 3 amps but as we know now the discharge happens in milliseconds and the meter is not fast to catch it. So that was not my concern at the time plus it was a small cap bank of 10 000uf total. More important to me was charging to twice the battery voltage and discharging to a few volts above it.
                        As far as I understood the pulse charging and the Cap Dump are different. The pulse charging is radiant energy and it takes longer time. The Cap Dump is current pulses and it takes less time.
                        I have to check some day if the gate of the mosfet opens fully or not.

Comment

Lman,in the past i changed all the caps but they were small and noticed no change.Now i replaced the c5 with a 47u and the dump is longer now!!about 1secound....Now i can discharge 3A instead of 1.8,thanks verry much man!!!
                          About the charge,what i noticed these days is that after 1day after i charged them, the standing voltage drops to11.55 on all my batteries...sad...
                          About radiant energy...that its just an inductive colapse voltage nothing special.Don't know what to say about power in vs power outower in:22v,200mA----power out 15v 3A.Of course the true rms is less than 45w....because is the power pulse is once 2 secounds...

Comment

Hi adys15,
                            I am glad that this helped you achieve what you were looking for, but do not get confused. It does not make the dump longer, it makes the On time on the inverted input longer. 1 second is wa-a-ay too much. I am sure that now your capacitor discharges to the battery voltage and that is not the way it should be. Plus all the components in the chain staying On for a whole second is a big loss of energy and time. People are dumping 3 times a second. Just make sure that you charge the cap to twice the battery voltage, the gate of the mosfet fully opens, and you discharge to a few volts above the battery voltage.

About the radiant energy I disagree with you - it is very very special. The conventional books might call it inductive collapse or otherwise just to give some name to that phenomena and than wash your brain with the electron theory. Tesla has been the first who studied it and discovered so many properties of it. And than in our times it is people like John Bedini who tries to open our eyes to that other type of energy.

Regards
                            Lman

Comment

Lman,the dump time its ok at 1sec,the caps charge up to 22v and dumps at 15v,which is ok.I cannot dump 3 times per sec the caps dont have time to charge that fast,i have around 30.000u of caps in paralel,but only 2 strands of 24awg for power coils on my solid state device.
                              I watched all series of energy from the vacuum and read a lot about J.Bedini and i believe everything he says,but if you watch peter lindeman's electric motor secrets,he describes the ssg workings like an inductive colapse effect.Think about how an ignition coil works,or a flyback transf...
                              Are your batteries capable of pulling a heavy load?crank an engine? sustain their standing voltages in time?mine not

Comment

adys15,

You still wrongly call it a dump time while it is not. As hobbyrobotik said several posts ago we cannot control the discharge duration of the caps with the circuit. That depends on the capacitors themselves and their characteristics. Some capacitors discharge slower, some have lower ESR and discharge faster. The only other thing that comes to my mind regarding the discharge is the internal resistance of the MOSFET. John Bedini uses like 5 mosfets in parallel (matched) in his circuit not only to share the huge current spike between them but to lower the total internal resistance as well. At least I think so.
                                In my circuit I am using just one IRFP260 and I was happy that I managed to get a sharp pulse in the range of 100 milliseconds just by the look at the LED. If you manage to do the same you will get more pulses per certain amount of time. Otherwise your cap might discharge fast and the rest of the time you are seeing that LED lit and all the components wasting the energy instead of filling the cap again. Hope you get it now.

I have watched Peter Lindemann's video like an year ago. As far as I remember he did a brilliant explanation of what EMF is and what BEMF is and is not. There are so many people who still confuse the BEMF with the spike while it is not. It is true that the SSG is harnessing the radiant energy through the inductive collapse. This is one of the ways John Bedini discovered how to collect and put that energy to work while the conventional science ignore it. And when I think of an ignition coil ... I think of another Tesla invention which has been hijacked. The Flyback transformer - the same thing, another Tesla coil.
                                I have seen another term that describes the spike as well - a self induction.
                                About the battery I was experimenting with ... it was a crappy gel battery from an UPS and highly sulphated. I restored it to a point and every time I was discharging it with a small auto light bulb at C20 rate or about there. I would not even think of cranking an engine with it But yes, every time the discharge time was taking longer and longer. Than I put it back in the UPS and gave it to a friend.

Regards
                                Lman
                                Last edited by Lman; 08-02-2014, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X