No announcement yet.

Bedini Comparator Cap Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JB drew the original Schematic on a black board that is shown in the video of the 2011 conference...... Buy the video if you want to see it...... Most of other ppls Sch's were drawn at the conference or shortly after and then posted here.... Most ppl got it wrong on their first attempts that they posted here.... So be careful which sch you use..... I posted a correct sch, that was missing some of the part numbers etc...... so SNAGs-001 is a cleaned up version with all the info.....
    Last edited by RS_; 02-09-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me RS,thats why i wanted the original because people always alter the original sch.I searched on this forum and found Ron Chase sch that sayd he copied it from the board...anyway i will build your's if you say is good.
      Thanks!

Comment

just remember that this circuit is for 24V to 36V battery banks, and needs the mods as described in my post in this thread to work at 12V

Comment

I read your posts,and seen your sch,very helpfull,thanks

Comment

Originally posted by adys15 View Post
            Thanks for clearing that up for me RS,thats why i wanted the original because people always alter the original sch.I searched on this forum and found Ron Chase sch that sayd he copied it from the board...anyway i will build your's if you say is good.
            Thanks!
            Hi adys15,

Just to clarify, I did not attend the 2011 conference so, I was not able to copy the schematic from the board. I think the schematic you are referring to was one that I put together based on information from various people and postings. We were all experimenting back then (mostly at 36V) so as you say there are many flavors of schematics out there. I would recommend you follow RS schematics as he knows what he is doing and they work. Then if you want to try some variations to fine tune the charging effect you will already understand the basics. Remember, well begun is half done!

Ron Chase

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Ron,i read a couple of threads about the comp.circuit and that i understood.I build the 555 timer with opto and 2 transistors,swiching the negative side,tried all kinds of caps and voltage levels,but the charging is very slooow compared to the coil wich charges very fast...Did you tried the comparator?it does somthing else,than the 555 setup does?cheers

Comment

Adys15,
                I've tried both kinds of circuits. Definitely build the comparator circuit. Its much better for cap dumping than the 555 timer setup.

Ron

Comment

Adys15,

The function of both the comparator and the 555 based circuits are basically the same - fill and spill. However the main differences are:
                  1. The comparator spills based on the voltage of the capacitor, the 555 spills based on a fixed amount of time.
                  2. The comparator uses FETs to switch the spill, the 555 (as depicted in the FEG book) uses BJTs to switch the spill.

Think how these differences could make the comparator a better cap dump circuit than the 555 setup.

John K.

Comment

Thanks for info guys.Jon if i measure the voltage across the cap i can set the dump freq,to discharge at any voltage level,i want.

Comment

adys15, are you talking about the 555 circuit? You mean by adjusting the 555 timer you can set the dump voltage?

If so, that is true. But that also means that as the battery voltage rises so does the dump voltage. With the comparator, as the battery voltage rises the dump frequency gets quicker as it is always dumping the cap at the same voltage.

John K.

Comment

Yes John i was talking about the 555 circuit.You are right about the dump freq,interesting...Today i built a trifiliar version with bridge rectif. and the same 555 circuit,but the charge time is still very slow compared to coil spikes,when i hook the coil directly the voltage takes of like secounds,and cold boils the batery in half hour(7Ah batt),and i cannot alow more curent into the transistor base because the power coil is unused and without a load batery on it the transistor get hot if i pump more curent.The skematic is just like in the FEG book,except i use a transistor instead of scr.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SNAGs-002.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	46080

Here is a 12V version of Bedini's Comparator Trigger Cap Pulser......

hope this helps every one build them at 12V

Comment

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]3128[/ATTACH]

Here is a 12V version of Bedini's Comparator Trigger Cap Pulser......

hope this helps every one build them at 12V
                            THANK YOU..been playing with this for while,ended up burn my transistor...this should help MUCH..
                            Cheers,
                            Alfin

Comment

Thanks again for skematic RS.

Comment

RS_ thanks for schematic

Comment

Working...
                                X