Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

made a 9 coil SSG (will be a 10 coiler some day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made a 9 coil SSG (will be a 10 coiler some day)

Hi,

Just want to show my newest 9 coli energyzer ( I run out of copper so could not finnish the 10th coil).
    Results are better again, every build you learn new things, its an addiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKpKs...iMdd0QLkexdyQA

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	51029Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	51028Click image for larger version

Name:	pic3.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	51030Click image for larger version

Name:	pic4.jpg
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	51031Click image for larger version

Name:	pic5.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	51032

Karel

Karel
    thanks for sharing

Comment

Hi Mike,

There is one coil with #19 wire all parallel and one trigger same size and the other 8 coils are #27 (0,36 mm diameter) 24 strands all parallel just as pushers.
      The transistors are 2 parallel conected to the complete set of wires on every coil.
      The battery I am charging now is a bank of 6 2volts 500 amp/h in series so 12V at 500 A/h.

Karel

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic6.jpg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	45707Click image for larger version

Name:	mymulti-coil.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	45708

Comment

Hi Mike,

I build the base of this machine two months ago and have been adding coils ever since, started with 1 coil than 4 than 5 and now I added 4 more.
        Unfornunatly I don't have the materials to finish the last coil. I just added the last 4 coils 2 days ago and have been testing it
        since then. It is running at fasted speed lowest current 1750 rpm and 2,2 Amps but I can also push it to over 3 amps without heating
        anything. All transistors stay cold and so are the coils. the only thing that heats a little is the potmeter in the base but I believe
        that JB also had a lamp in this circuit so there is same waste of energy here.
        I could charge the 500 A/h Batts over 15,30 V but I have not yet drained them so I don't yet know how fast they can charge.

If I have some more results I will post it.

Karel

Comment

Hi all

Just want to report some things that I have found while playing with my new 9 coil machine.
          I have been using it like it was with everything theoretically balanced and matched (but in real life it wasn't).
          It was running at around 3 amps input and the results where not sweeping me off the floor it was just like
          one of the smaller machines only I was able to charge bigger batteries and they where not really gaining much capacity.

After reevaluating the things night after night when I could not sleep I was suddenly beginning to
          see what it was all about, not just the complete h form was important but only the part where the
          transistor is going from the closed state to the open state. When I measured this on all the collectors
          I saw that these signals where not very nice and steep, they where all different and there was a jitter and oscillations on it.

I thought to just disconnect one transistor and use just one on the complete coil (which is around 0.6 ohms) but then it
          really killed the signal it was very ugly and the transistor heated up.
          So here you can see it is all about the right matching of impedance.

I found that I had to adjust the resistor for every transistor until the signal was sharp and steep.
          When I did this for all transistors the performance went up dramatically. The input current went down and the
          charging was super.

My wheel was first going around 2150 rpm and using 2.3 amps. then I fiddled a bit with the position of the trigger
          coil and the speed went down but charging went up and input went further down. Now I am running on only 1.7 Amps
          input and my 500 Amp/h batt is flying up to above 14.50 in no time.

Also I was testing on a small very old garden tractor battery and it was very dead. Before i tried to get it in better
          shape with the then 5 coil machine it was getting better but after half an hour of discharging with a 1.8 Amp lamp it
          was dead again. After charging it went up to over 15 volts very quickly.

Now with the tuned 9 coil machine this battery was going up to only 14.20 volts and stayed there a long time and
          slowly went up to 14.3v after 2 hours. I was wondering where all that energy was going to because there was no
          heat and no extra torque in the machine.

Next when I discharged it I found that after 2 hours discharging it was sill going strong so it seems to finally work.

I am very anxious to see the next runs I must be close to cop one or higher or at least I can finally
          improve the batteries big time.

Karel

Comment

Made a YT

http://youtu.be/b5JmDYnPbcQ

Karel

Comment

Hi Karel,
              I just tested 6 previously used transistors. mjl 21194's on a tester I got on ebay. Does the result mean none are matched? Or is it close enough? You have fixed the matching problem with various resistors after using unmatched transistors? I did post this somewhere else, but thought to ask you.
              # hFE uf mV
              1 21 633
              2 25 644
              3 23 633
              4 27 638
              5 25 623
              6 25 643

Karel, you said..."
              I found that I had to adjust the resistor for every transistor until the signal was sharp and steep.
              When I did this for all transistors the performance went up dramatically. The input current went down and the
              charging was super."
              I watched your video, but you did not explain this on there, unless I could not hear you properly. So fort each trannie you decreased or increased resistance and then checked your scope?

With those 6 transistors I have tested before putting in a circuit..above...would I need to increase resistance to lower the hFE value or decrease resistance to raise the value?
              Dennis
              Last edited by D Rhodes; 07-22-2013, 07:48 AM. Reason: add pic

Comment

Working...
              X