Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do after 20 chargers cycles? IDEA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do after 20 chargers cycles? IDEA!

Hi all!
    Did somebody tried following with ssg?
    When charged battery is charged fully (like 15 or more Volts) and ssg running then connect the inverter to this battery.
    After this, connect conventional charger to the inverter, and charge the power battery. All this should be done when system is running
    In theory i suppose second battery should be able to maintain the charge without any high load.
    So what i actually try to achieve?
    Well i will charge my power battery and in the same time discharge it (i know this actually bad for battery).
    In the same time i will charge my secondary battery with high impulse current and then all cycle repeats again.
    Which inverter is best for 4,5 Ah battery , i need power draw not higher than C20 rate like 225 mA or 300 mA
    I am aware that probably i will take heavy power losses, but i willing to take the risk.
    I will try to test it , as soon as my second 20 cycle procedure ends, this is basically my idea, i did not tested it yet, but i hope it have some potential of further research.
    Last edited by BEDINSSGUKRAINE; 06-13-2013, 04:33 AM.

The verter needs electric energy to feed it's circuit, even the coventional charger will provide energy losses too, so if your goal is to descharge your battery fast...but I don't understand why keep running your SSG? It is better take out de secundary battery and descharge it feeding another device like a electric DC motor o something, while more bigger the motor, more quickly de second battery descharge. Sorry for my bad english, I am writing from L.A. but I live in Mexico. The batteries could suffer damages in an operation like you are suggesting, but go a head, may be you get something new with these method. Let us what happend .

Comment

I wouldn't do that if I were you.

A few things to consider.... A normal battery charger will use 2-4 AMP to charge a battery, you will not be able to pull that kind of energy through a tiny inverter and even if you use a large inverter your 5AH battery cannot sustain a draw like that.

In the same time i will charge my secondary battery with high impulse current and then all cycle repeats again.
      Your SSG does not charge with high current if it is running properly. You are actually charging with high voltage of 100 volts or more. You are likely to fry your inverter if you expose it to the high voltage.

A better approach to what you are trying to do would be to hook up a generator coil on your wheel and charge a capacitor with the energy from it. Use a switching method to back pop from the capacitor to the primary battery. You can use a reed switch or rig a mechanical slap contact, many ways to do it just get creative. The idea is to use the right size capacitor and coil combination along with timing your dump so that you will be hitting the primary with pulses.----Bob

Comment

To BobZilla
        Good comment, but something important to consider, my conventional charger have following specs;
        input: 230v 8,7W
        output: 12 Volt dc 300 mA

my inverter specs

9. Technical data
        Nominal operating voltage: 12V
        Operating voltage range: 10 to 15V
        Maximum input current: 15A
        Standby current consumption: 250mA
        Output voltage: 230V~/ 50Hz, (Modifi ed sine wave)
        Continuous output power: 100W
        150W (for 30 minutes)
        Peak output power: 200W
        Power efficiency: 90%
        USB output power: 5V , 500mA
        Low battery shutdown threshold: 9.5 ±0.5V
        Thermal protect: 60 ±5 ºC
        Fuse: 250V, 15A
        Operating temperature: 5 to 45 ºC
        Storage temperature: 0 to 50 ºC
        Dimension (ø x H): 65 x 170

I think i used wrong term instead of voltage i used current and i am fully aware the my charging battery charged not by current , rather with high voltage impulses!
        I hope now you can verify if this works, my feeling about this idea very good, i conditioned my battery so far where i got 15,30 or more volts!
        Strange thing happens after when i disconnect the charging battery, the voltage drops and after resting its like 13 or 12,90 Volt, i presume that battery should be "trained" further i already on 10 cycle, so at least 10 cycles ahead and only after this i will try my idea.
        So, any further suggestion are welcomed.

Comment

Ok your charger is much less output than I assumed. I was thinking of an automotive charger which usually is in 2-5 AMP range.

To me there are a few reasons why you probably shouldn't do it, but I can see you want too so go for it. I still think presenting that high voltage to your inverter is a bad idea and batteries in general do not like to be charged and loaded at the same time but it's all about discovery so let us know how it turns out.

By the way where you say,,
          Strange thing happens after when i disconnect the charging battery, the voltage drops and after resting its like 13 or 12,90 Volt, i presume that battery should be "trained" further i already on 10 cycle, so at least 10 cycles ahead and only after this i will try my idea.
          This is normal. By the sound of it your battery is fully conditioned or very close. ---Bob

Comment

After watching new energy from the vacuum DVD, i decided to use inverter only when the both battery's primary and secondary disconnected from my ssg circuit.

The reason for this is simple: by forcing in the same time charge and discharge of battery plates, the energy from the plates moving against each other and this cause fast damage of battery plates, so either you charge battery or discharge battery do it always separately
            Last edited by BEDINSSGUKRAINE; 07-17-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X