No announcement yet.

Revivable and Non-Revivable Batteries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revivable and Non-Revivable Batteries.

I have been pondering on Devising a method for detecting the Revivability and Non-Revivablity of Batteries.
    this saves the Rejuventaor power supply and time spent on subjecting a given Battery to be revived.
    NOT ALL BATTERIES CAN BE REVEIVED, as cells damaged by way of physical shorting, warpping cannot be rejuvenated.
    does any body know a way to do this before it is put on the Rejuvenator..??
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 05-29-2013, 01:09 AM.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Faraday, the best way is with an impedance tester. Just happened to be measuring some batteries at work today and 12v lab were about 5 m ohm 1/2 that for 6volt. Shorts give a lower impedance. Higher impedance will suggest severe sulphation.
    Hope that helps
    James

Comment

Hi Milner,
      Thanks for that information, yes at a aglance Impedance tester does the job to some extent, but it still does not garantee if that given Battery can be Revived or not, Radiant Rejuvenation of Batteries is an Incremental process of several cycles of Charge -Discharge action which keeps lowering the Internal Impedance of the Battery to a point where the plates are re-formed by Electrochemical polarization. and they behave new-like.
      i feel Radiant Enegry techniques will untimately be applicable to probe into this as well! can you call this a Radiant Impedance Meter(RIM)?????
      Ask John Bedini...i'm sure John would have had a peep in this area as well!
      more on this later.
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      Last edited by Faraday88; 05-29-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Faraday88,
        I've been pondering your idea and trying to determine what we are trying to measure. Ultimately what we want is to see if the battery is dead due to sulphation or shorting. The property that we can play with is the fact that the PbSO4 is a semiconductor. That being the case there must be a specific breakdown voltage. This is in contrast to a short which would not present this phenomenon. It would not change! That is unless we get to such a high voltage that ionisation occurs.
        I haven't thought how to do this yet but if we can determine breakdown voltage of PbSO4 then we have a place to begin. Then you could think about a voltage ramp generator that ramps up to breakdown voltage and records the profile. From this point integration techniques could be used to infer rates of change in the voltage. We should get some interesting responses on the curve that could be traced back to these breakdown events. There may be more than one dependant on thickness of the sulphation or multiple junctions within the plate.
        Outcomes could also vary between normal electricity and radiant electricity. How it would vary is impossible to tell without lab data.

Something to consider maybe?
        Regards
        James
        Last edited by James Milner; 06-03-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Hi James,

I appreciate Your efforts on thinking how the de-gradiation in a Battery must be occuring. Yes you are correct in saying that PbSO4 is a Semiconductor, but we also are dealing with what is called as Electro-migration or denderite formation which is a Preferential conductive path by Electrical Polarization when multiple Dielectric interfaces are present (we have plastic, Semiconductor, Water(Electrolyte ect.) so it it not a mere planar dielectric interface-Polarization Field.
          A massive sulphation in the absent of Water (electrolyte) is very hard to dissociate as Electrolyte (back as liquid Solution). if this does not happen our efforts are in vain.. i'm working out a model of how exactly a Conventionally charged Battery develops a Sulphated condition beyond which it does not take a charge.
          put it short..its a slow death the battery is subjected to.

Self -discharged in Battaries :Prolonged idilying of Battries can result in Self-Discharge....these Barrties can very well be revived.
          A typical case in which the a cell gets damaged is by abusing the Battery beyond its rated capacity.
          the Discharge current through a Battery is a represenation of the type of Impendance accross it, it is observed that a battery supplying a varied type of load will last longer than if it is subjected to a single type of load. a single type of Load will transfer its Impedance into the Battery and its this Impedance that is represented by the Sulphated state.
          a varied load in away regulates the impedacne transfer and so acts like a Rejuvenator for the 'memory' of the priovious impedance.

Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          Last edited by Faraday88; 06-04-2013, 02:46 AM.

Comment

I don't have any idea about this kind of matter. Actually I am trying to have an information on how to complete measure a kind of battery.
            energy efficient lighting | energy efficient lighting solutions

Comment

Working...
            X