Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arduino Sensors and Data Logging

Hi All,

I have decided to use an Arduino & data logger on my '1984 Machine' and 'Bike Wheel SSG' the '8 coiler' can wait as it is under rebuild.
    The problem is to stop the spike from interfering with the sensors and Arduino. I have looked at what is available to measure volts, amps and RPM.
    A separate Arduino wll be used to measure cap voltage and to control a power mosfet to dump into batteries.
    Okay so far I have bought the Adafruit Data Logger, Sparkfun ACS712 5A break out board. For voltage measurement I have ordered the High Linear Analog Opto Coupler IL300.
    With a few resistors I can get from 50V down to 5V analog and opto-couple the signal to the Arduino. Circuit designed but not built/tested.
    The 5A break out board uses a Hall effect sensor, so that should be okay as there isn't any direct connection to the circuit. Will be testing this soon.
    The RPM sensor I have used the same Reflective Object Sensor that I used with a prior standalone circuit. I am using the Optek OPB705WZ. Since the Arduino is supplying the power
    and reading the signal the circuit only requires two resistors and the sensor.
    My next post 'Arduino Sensor RPM' I will show the circuit, Arduino sketch, photos of my build and test results.

All the best
    Peter

i am keen on data logging with arduino too...
    here a try Arduino Bedini Charger | Ronny Gey
    at the moment i have the cap pulser done and running..
    and i believe, now i can add a voltage sensor at the secondary without the need
    of stop the trigger while taking readings.. to save the equipment from spikes..
    i dont want track the currents.. only prim and secondary voltage

Comment

MrRonsen,

have you published any circuits/sketches on the cap pulser?
      It looks like you are using solid state relays, how do they perform?

Peter

Comment

the relays are fine..
        but for cap pulser, cap discharger, for high power switching they are not usefull,
        the relays will latch, stick!
        when much power flows through..

for other simple switching operations they are good
        (keep primary powerline on, switch off when secondary reaches max voltage)
        Last edited by MrRonsen; 05-30-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X