Unexpected coil results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected coil results!

I recently did some upgrades to my first build Bedini and got some unexpected results. First upgrade was to fit a speedometer and tune it to achieve the fastest speed which was 18kmh for the size of wheel, (using the original coil with 336 turns of AWG 20 & 24 magnet wire.)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1-Speedo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	50986
    I then epoxied ceramic magnets over the small ½” x ½” neodymium’s and the wheel now reached 25kmh!

Name:	1-Ceramic upgrade.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	50987
    Fantastic! – I then wound another coil with the suggested 900 turns of AWG 23 & 26 and the highest speed I could get was only 16khm . Obviously I’m disappointed in the drop of RPM and was wondering if anybody could explain why the lower winds/thicker wire coil performed so mutch better in terms of RPM? The coils can be viewed side by side below – thanks.

Name:	1-Coil Comparison.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	50988

HowStuffWorks "How Electromagnets Work"

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thanks Tom; I read the 6 pages of info however the report didn't quite give me the complete answer specific to my question, so I continued researching until I found this paragraph in 'A Practical Guide To Free Energy Devices.'

"The diameter of the wire used to wind the coils is a design choice which has a wide scope. The thicker the wire, the greater the current and the larger the impulse given to the wheel."

Kind regards - Wayne

Comment

Working...
      X