Advancement process gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kasper,

1) a battery COP>1. The vanilla SSG is not designed to give you a system COP>1, it is designed to show you the principles and that something else is charging the battery besides what the text books tell you.
    2) yes, free spin time is very important otherwise you are using more energy than you should to turn the wheel. You should have a free spin time on a large bike wheel of least 8 minutes.
    3) I have never had any decent results with gel or AGM batteries. They are ok to test if the circuit is working, but use flooded lead acid batteries. Motorcycle or lawn tractor batteries are good to start with but true deep cycle batteries are the best.

John K.

Comment

Hi John.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I'm wiser now... :-)

Kasper

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
        It is a matter of 2 things:

1- if you have not built a SG that has cops over 1 then dont build anything else until you do....... it just gets harder to tune.
        2- a single coil mulit filar Sg is the next step. you will learn about component matching, resistor networks, coil inductance, etc.

its not about advantages its is about stacking different components together. as John has said, "I had to break the machine to get it thru the patent office" every single "section" has a function, as you research you will find out why.

I would encourage the study of feed forward amp circuits, because the SG is an amp.

Tom C
        Thanks Tom,

I've built two SSGs so far & successfully load tested one for 21+ runs & the other is on the ninth run now. I'm quite happy with the results & COP figures. I just need to post the results on here somewhere. So, I would be right to build either of those shown in John Bedini's latest book? Would that trifiliar coil be wound with all three wires using #23 magnet wire? Where can I study more on this specific build, other than what's in the book?

Many Thanks.

Comment

Barrie,

a multi filar (5 wire) SG circuit monopole would be your next project. same wheel, same circuit, with all the bases of the transistors slaved to the trigger winding. one wire to each emmiter. use 18 awg for a start. match your transistors, match your diodes, match your resistors.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Barrie,

a multi filar (5 wire) SG circuit monopole would be your next project. same wheel, same circuit, with all the bases of the transistors slaved to the trigger winding. one wire to each emmiter. use 18 awg for a start. match your transistors, match your diodes, match your resistors.

Tom C
            hi tom, i would like to get this one right... in the multi filar coil, there should only be one trigger winding connected to all bases and all emitters, right? and all other files act as multiple power coils? like each collector gets one file and the other side of each file goes connected to the bus that connects the charging negative with the primary +?... this is more or less what i understand, i left out all the other components and put only the coil connections:

Click image for larger version

Name:	multi filar coil diagram.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	44681

cheers, and thanks for taking the time to help

carlos

Comment

Barrie,

Tom C
              Bewdy Tom,

I'm onto it.
              Looks like we're building again.

Cheers

Comment

Dear All.

I'm at the same place. Finished my first 20 runs and now want to make a multi filar coil (1 trigger and 4 power).

I'm just wondering - how many turns should I make? Clearly - there's not enough room for 5 x 900 windings (like my original SSG kit from the r-charge) on the spool! Especially not since I want to use a thicker wire for the power windings, as JB recommends.

What do you suggest?

Greetings from Kasper.

Comment

Originally posted by Kasper Westeraa View Post
                  Dear All.

I'm at the same place. Finished my first 20 runs and now want to make a multi filar coil (1 trigger and 4 power).

I'm just wondering - how many turns should I make? Clearly - there's not enough room for 5 x 900 windings (like my original SSG kit from the r-charge) on the spool! Especially not since I want to use a thicker wire for the power windings, as JB recommends.

What do you suggest?

Greetings from Kasper.
                  150 feet 18 awg just like the 10 coil. however many turns it takes......

Tom C

Comment

Thanks Tom!

So - if I understand it correctly - 600 (4 x 150) feet of 18 awg in total (+ 150 feet of trigger wire for the master) on the same spool?

Kasper.

Comment

yes. wind it then match resistance of all strands.
                      Tom C

Comment

Thank you for your patient answers, Tom!

Kasper

Comment

Would this be a good coil to buy for a powerful bike wheel energizer?

100 Feet Parallel Coils of 8 #18 magnet wire

Comment

Originally posted by KarlSchmaltz View Post
                            Would this be a good coil to buy for a powerful bike wheel energizer?

100 Feet Parallel Coils of 8 #18 magnet wire
                            KarlSchmaltz, I would not consider buying something like that until you learn for yourself if it is a good buy or not.

John K.

Comment

Working...
                            X