Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning, Flying magnets are dangeruss

Warning for High speed Rotors.

Today I experienced what the power of a flying magnet can be if you run a high speed rotor.
    Even though I was aware of the risks and had a real solid construction for the rotor, the
    magnets where realy tight in the slots and I used plenty of glue, it still is impressive to
    see what the power of a flying magnet can be.

Though it is not looking very professional always secure the magnets with strong tape just to
    be sure.

I filmed the damage so others may learn what the dangers are when you go high speed.

The Big Bang!! - YouTube

Karel

Really good point knagtegl. Based on the damage to your meter, it looks like the magnets have the potential to travel very fast. Aaron Murakami mentioned that I put strapping tape on my SG device. I think I will.

Comment

Best to have strapping tape around the outside of the magnets.

You can see this discussed in this video: How to Build a Bedini SG Energizer - YouTube

Today, I actually had 2 almost flying magnets right in front of a big expensive picture window.

Couldn't figure out what the noise was but it kept happening at the same part of the wheel when that section was over the coil.

Finally figured out that two magnets had come unglued and if it weren't for the strapping tape, they could have caused some serious damage.

This issue is way more serious when using the attraction mode because the coil is trying to pull the magnet off the wheel.
      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Working...
      X