Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brushless fans

Hi,

Are brushless fans allowed as beginners object.

Regards,

Johan

Hi Johan,

Yes, they are in fact a very good beginner's object. They have good bearings, ceramic magnets and you get free air whilst charging another battery.

John K.

Comment

Hi John,

Ok, i have it standing in the corner for a few years, maybe soon i will start again with it.

Due to personal circumstances (my wife died a few years ago and children to care for) i haven't had time for it.

Johan

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
        Hi Johan,

Yes, they are in fact a very good beginner's object. They have good bearings, ceramic magnets and you get free air whilst charging another battery.

John K.
        Dear John

I tried the fan, but I do not know how to dismentle the coil from the casing. I have broken a few fan already.

Comment

Just to let you know....try the IMHOTEP/BEDINI setup. It is easy. THEN watch the Tesla Impulse Energy From The Vacuum DVD. Add this to the little fan. It can be done and the results are .....very unique. This is done easily for ALL levels of learning. I am not sure if it truely compares to the non pulsed SG circuit but that will be for the individual to decide.

I KNOW..yes,KNOW this can be done by anybody and give it a cycle or two and decide for yourself.From that point on....I will wait to see if ANYONE understands just what can be done with this.This may be "ADVANCED" but it is ALL for the novice,right? To me..for OFF GRID die hards that use little this IS THE WAY.
          Originally posted by lis_wang View Post
          Dear John

I tried the fan, but I do not know how to dismentle the coil from the casing. I have broken a few fan already.

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post
            Just to let you know....try the IMHOTEP/BEDINI setup. It is easy. THEN watch the Tesla Impulse Energy From The Vacuum DVD. Add this to the little fan. It can be done and the results are .....very unique. This is done easily for ALL levels of learning. I am not sure if it truely compares to the non pulsed SG circuit but that will be for the individual to decide.

I KNOW..yes,KNOW this can be done by anybody and give it a cycle or two and decide for yourself.From that point on....I will wait to see if ANYONE understands just what can be done with this.This may be "ADVANCED" but it is ALL for the novice,right? To me..for OFF GRID die hards that use little this IS THE WAY.
            I have watched the video many times. The problem is I cannot removed the coil circuit board from casing. It was glued and the casing broke when I tried remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by lis_wang View Post
              I have watched the video many times. The problem is I cannot removed the coil circuit board from casing. It was glued and the casing broke when I tried remove it.
              lis, some fans are easier to work with than others. Most have a small circlip that holds the rotor in place. Once you remove this you can generally get to the circuit board and stators.

I've broken a few myself in the past.

John K.

Comment

Here's a fan mod that really helped with reducing input while maintaining charging.

things to notice.
                1. The magnet ring is nsns "continuous" there is no break/space in the polarity.

If you watch John H. aka dadhav's video on his printer rotor, he solves this yet another way. I think a combination of the two would be nice, I never got that far.

2. The other thing to notice in the picture with the coils, is that I have cut the ends of each of the core laminations to help give less on time. I could have cut them even more. I am able to get this down to one pulse per magnet pass, however the ON time is still tpo much. It is a fun little project.

One other thing I found that was pretty awesome was turning this solid state made for an even better charger - one of my favorites...

Comment

I have finally have had a crack at the bruchless fan type of project, but not sure if I have my circuit wrong some where. I have gone over it over and over for 2 days on and off, when powered it moves and locks the fan in place with the poles of the magnet. Anyone know if this is a part failure as I am pretty sure that I have the wiring as the diagram stated in patient 6545444.

Comment

Hi TwinGears. I'm just another experimenter here but if you use the schematic here Two simple circuit diagrams, related to Imhotep, Fan kit, Bedini | MERLib.org You will have it up and running easily. You don't have to use the part numbers used in the schematic there but the diagram layout works fine. I have built many using that image. If you look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dOOGVxoo0k you can see some units I built charging AA batteries. You will make most of them leak but they will charge. It works better to charge a bunch in series (easier on the batteries) . Still some will leak. There should be NO heat in the cells or the fan circuit while you are charging them. Forget about that other forum I mention in the video. Oh yes, I don't recommend anyone charge non-rechargeable batteries. Have fun.

al
                    Last edited by Allen R.; 08-30-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

whenever I have experienced lock up, it is usually wrong wiring. But I know the frustration of not being able to find the error! On the other hand, I used 2 1N4007 diodes on a single bifilar coil ssg recently, instead of a 1N4001 across transistor and it locked up. I guess you will have to swap in and out each part.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinGears View Post
                        I have finally have had a crack at the bruchless fan type of project, but not sure if I have my circuit wrong some where. I have gone over it over and over for 2 days on and off, when powered it moves and locks the fan in place with the poles of the magnet. Anyone know if this is a part failure as I am pretty sure that I have the wiring as the diagram stated in patient 6545444.
                        Lockup can be many things...
                        without knowing the specifics of your build w/ pictures etc. we can only guess.

Here is a simplification tip.
                        when winding the stator. wind it entirely bifilar just like the patent. rather than one stator for the trigger wire then the next stator for the power wire etc...

so, keep the bifilar - wind the first stator clockwise, the next counter clockwise, the next clock and so on. remember the magnets are NSNS so clock, counter clock, clock, counter clock should make sense, yes

Do this all with the same two wires - no break. so when you finish, you only have two tops and two bottoms. I found this to be much less confusing when making the final connections - you can now treat the wires like a normal SSG coil.

my guess is something wrong with the way you wound and connected the wire is causing self oscillation as well and locking up the fan. It must still charge though eh? if you do not wish to rewind, you can always keep it in solid state - add my CPD mod remove the fan and you're in business. Mine all charge better SS w/o the fan.

Comment

Twin gears, the first thing you need to do before a fan conversion is find out how many poles you are dealing with.

How many stator poles do you have and how many magnetic poles are on the rotor?

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                            Twin gears, the first thing you need to do before a fan conversion is find out how many poles you are dealing with.

How many stator poles do you have and how many magnetic poles are on the rotor?

John K.
                            With my method of winding, this should not be an issue????

Unless the poles vs stators are designed to fight each other, I've not come across a fan that has one pole for two adjacent stators.

Of course I have not taken apart that many :-)

Solid State on those cores rocks! you get some magnified buck boost w/ the CPD mod.

Comment

Hi all. I dont rewind them. I just split the coil into a pair. The radio shack four inch fan works really well with the factory windings. Its pricey though. 4 Cooling Fan : Computer Fans | RadioShack.com

al

Comment

Working...
                              X