Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge Getting First Bedini SG to Run

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble getting my Bedini motor to work.
    As soon as I connect the primary battery my transistor starts to get really hot.
    Also I do not hear the thud when the primary battery is connected.
    I've attached pictures of my circuit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Circuit 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	50979Click image for larger version

Name:	Circuit.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	50980Click image for larger version

Name:	Kit Board.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	50981Click image for larger version

Name:	Overall Setup.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	50982

Hi, welcome to the forum. The first thing I would do is check your transistor, it sounds like it has blown.

John K.

Comment

John, it does seem to be blown. I changed it and then promptly blew the new one.

Comment

Ok, you have something hooked up wrong then. Please recheck the circuit before replacing the transistor again.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronium112 View Post
          John, it does seem to be blown. I changed it and then promptly blew the new one.
          If you watch this video, you can skip to the circuit installation. Peter explains how to hook up the wires to the circuit.
          Even though you don't have this kit, you might find that section helpful to you.

How to Build a Bedini SG Energizer - YouTube

I'd start by disconnecting everything and make sure the wires on your coil are not shorted together using a simply ohm meter between the different wires.
          Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

What about using a breadboard to connect the circuit?
            It seems like there could be a lot of current in the output section.
            My breadboard is only rated for 100 mA.

There is a circuit board that came with the kit.
            However the components don't fit in any obvious way (specifically the transistors and switch).

Can anyone point out how to plug the components into this circuit board?

Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Pole Monopole Circuit Board.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	45507
            Attached Files

Comment

You can use your breadboard to get the machine running and then trace out where the components go on the circuit board. Note that that circuit board does not have a provision for the switch or potentiometer.

try and get the machine to run with just the master coil, the one with two windings on the same spool. If you follow the circuit diagram you should be able to get it to work.

John K.

Comment

Working...
              X