How to Build a Bedini SG by Peter Lindemann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Build a Bedini SG by Peter Lindemann

How to build a Bedini SG according to the specs in Bedini SG - The Complete Beginner's Handbook Bedini SG - The Complete Beginner's Handbook

This is the kit assembly by Peter Lindemann, but even if you don't have a kit, this will address many issues that you will encounter even if you make a homemade one.

Here is the video - How to Build a Bedini SG Energizer - YouTube

Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

GREAT! Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Why the change from 24 magnets to only 21 magnets in the kit?

At about 36:43 into the video, Peter talks about the importance of even spacing in case more coils are added later. If more coils are added and fire in unison, then you can only run either 1, 3, or 7 coils total!!!

With 24 magnets, as originally offered, you would be able to run 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, or 8 coils all firing at the same time. Does the uneven vs the even firing per revolution make any difference in the outcome or COP? Or is it only about getting the best distance between magnets for best scaler S pole strength?
      Last edited by Gary Hammond; 04-20-2013, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
        Hi,

Why the change from 24 magnets to only 21 magnets in the kit?

At about 36:43 into the video, Peter talks about the importance of even spacing in case more coils are added later. If more coils are added and fire in unison, then you can only run either 1, 3, or 7 coils total!!!

With 24 magnets, as originally offered, you would be able to run 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, or 8 coils all firing at the same time. Does the uneven vs the even firing per revolution make any difference in the outcome or COP? Or is it only about getting the best distance between magnets for best scaler S pole strength?
        For this exact size of wheel, 24 magnets would make the spaces between pretty close. 21 is better to open it up a bit. If you want to run multi coils, then just put on 20 magnets - it will actually run a bit faster than 21. 20 magnets will run just fine. With this particular frame for this kit, it isn't setup to add more coils, but if you are making your own 10 coiler or whatever, just use 20 magnets.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

If this video is helpful, please go to youtube and "LIKE IT" - thanks!
          Aaron Murakami

Comment

This is a great video!!

What is the exact measurement between each magnent, not from centre to centre to each magnents?

John

Comment

Originally posted by powermanch View Post
              This is a great video!!

What is the exact measurement between each magnent, not from centre to centre to each magnents?

John
              On the wheel in the video, they're not all super exact. They go from 2 5/16 to 2 7/16. That is from the end of one magnet to the end of another.
              Aaron Murakami

Comment

Aaron,

I have 24 magnents on this wheel , it measured 24 1/2 inches, and I measured it the way it shows on Page 55 in the sgbedini beginners manual,
                magnents spacing turned out to be 2 7/16 inches, so I am looking OK,
                wheel is turning 300 to 346 RPM with out fan,

John

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG204.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	45496

Comment

John, sounds good!

I just did a test on the SG that we just filmed - it's going 250 rpm with the fan. I haven't done any real measurements yet, but it pushed the output battery to 15.67, which is a bit much. 15.2 to 15.3 is about the max I should push the batt to.
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

Aaron,

I have pushed a 26ah SLA battery higher then 16.15volts, now I wounder if it damaged it, you see I am experminting with a used battery first,
                    I am now working with a storage scope, it shows a guy the real story, it shows the graphing, and that tells a lot, Thanks to (Battery Secrets by Peter Lindemann)
                    Learning, Learning,

By the way I have interested in replacing mine circuit board with a Bedini SG 7 Transistor Expirmenter kit as soon as they show at teslagenx.

Comment

Here's a new video of a short test just showing the Bedini SG Energizer running.

Bedini SG - pushing output battery to 15.67v - YouTube

Aaron Murakami

Comment

Originally posted by powermanch View Post
                        Aaron,

I have pushed a 26ah SLA battery higher then 16.15volts, now I wounder if it damaged it, you see I am experminting with a used battery first,
                        I am now working with a storage scope, it shows a guy the real story, it shows the graphing, and that tells a lot, Thanks to (Battery Secrets by Peter Lindemann)
                        Learning, Learning,

By the way I have interested in replacing mine circuit board with a Bedini SG 7 Transistor Expirmenter kit as soon as they show at teslagenx.
                        Well, from the Battery Secrets presentation that references the Battery Bible, each cell actually needs 2.6 volts so 6 cells = 15.6 volts max.

John Bedini did post that for these Walmart garden batteries around 11-14ah range that he doesn't push them over 15.2 or 15.3.

For your 26ah battery, no matter what, I probably wouldn't go over 15.6 v for sure, but might be safer to keep it to 15.2 or 15.3 range as well.

If you overcharge those SLA's, you can boil them dry and permanently damage them unlike the liquid lead acids where you can at least add more water.
                        Aaron Murakami

Comment

Aaron,

If I can push a 26ah sla battery that high, does that tell you mine sg energizer is in top performance?
                          If you take a close look at the gragh, you will notice that it was on that battery too long, because the voltage
                          is droping, I think it's a great experience gragh to see wath is happening inside the battery.

Thanks for your Video, Its helping out!!!

John

Click image for larger version

Name:	SG charge graph.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	45501

Comment

Hi peter great video just a couple of questions I noticed with the board that you put together did not have neon bulbs to protect transistors ?second is if I used a thicker gauged wire for the seven strands would that change thing a lot ?
                            Regards
                            John Coroneo

Comment

Working...
                            X