7 circuit Bedini SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 circuit Bedini SG

Hello fellow Bedinians. I have just finished constructing a Bedini SG with 1 coil, 7 power windings and 1 trigger winding. I built 7 circuits to run the system. When I fired it up for the first time, it didnt opperate. When I connect power, the coil attracts the magnets, but when I give it a spin, it doesnt start the magic. I tried switching my +and- leads to the battery but that only made my coil hot. I couldnt get the neon bulbs to illuminate when i disconnect the secondary battery either. I am a begginer at reading circuitry schematics, but I am pretty sure I got it all hooked up right. Im not sure if my trigger wires are hooked up to the right place. If you look at the attached pictures, the windings from the bottom of my coil go to the collectors of my transistors, and the trigger goes to the - of my primary battery. The 7 power windings from the top of the coil go to the - of my seconday, and the trigger goes to the capaciters. Neon is connected to the collector and emmiter. Im not sure if one set of the diodes are going the right direction. Hopefully my pictures can help answer any of your questions. I really want to get this one going. I built a single bifoiler coil before with one circuit, so this is the most complex that I have built.Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	img001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	45462
    The diagram I used is in the bedini handbook. I will attatch a picture of the diagram. I am not completly sure that I read the diagram correctly, but I am pretty sure. Some of the pictures above should show you if I have followed the diagram or made a mistake somewhere. I used all the recomended parts. Again, I dont have extensive experience reading schematics, but I am teaching myself to do so, with the help of wise folks like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gpilot View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1767[/ATTACH]
      The diagram I used is in the bedini handbook. I will attatch a picture of the diagram. I am not completly sure that I read the diagram correctly, but I am pretty sure. Some of the pictures above should show you if I have followed the diagram or made a mistake somewhere. I used all the recomended parts. Again, I dont have extensive experience reading schematics, but I am teaching myself to do so, with the help of wise folks like you.
      reverse the trigger winding see if that
      fixes it, I assume you stripped the enamel off of all the wire ends before you soldered.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

I will reverse the trigger winding. Yes, i did strip the ends. I tested the resistance through the power and trigger windings, and that seems functional. I am going to change where the trigger windings are attacbhed to my circuit. Thanks.

Comment

Reversing the trigger winding didnt change anything. I can tell if the system is self oscillating or if the trigger isnt triggering. I can post a video in a little bit if that would help.

Comment

Reversing the trigger winding didnt change anything. I can tell if the system is self oscillating or if the trigger isnt triggering. I can post a video in a little bit if that would help.
            unhook all the circuits but one, get it running on one circuit, then add, it is easy to diagnose one circuit.

Tom C

Comment

sounds good buddy, ill do that

Comment

Mike,

I sent you a p.m.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by BroMikey
                  Yes one at a time seems like what did then I went to two channels but if your input has 5 amps flowing into to it on the ammeter something is shorted or when you hooked it up in reverse maybe the channels went out the window. Do you have anyway of testing your Trannies?

Mike PS I know this stuff can be a pain for a new born lectronix jockey. LOL
                  Do i just need to desolder 6 of the 7 power wires from their transistors and test again? I have a pretty good multimeter i can use to test my transistors, provided that i dont need to remove them from the circuit.

Comment

Do i just need to desolder 6 of the 7 power wires from their transistors and test again? I have a pretty good multimeter i can use to test my transistors, provided that i dont need to remove them from the circuit.

desolder the base resistors which is the trigger that will turn off the transistors you are not using, leave one connected. then take the wire bundle from the coil and split it out so you can add one wire at a time to the circuit, remove the wires going to the transistors so you have only one power winding connected at a time. use your meter to make sure the power winding connected is the same at both ends.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                      desolder the base resistors which is the trigger that will turn off the transistors you are not using, leave one connected. then take the wire bundle from the coil and split it out so you can add one wire at a time to the circuit, remove the wires going to the transistors so you have only one power winding connected at a time. use your meter to make sure the power winding connected is the same at both ends.

Tom C
                      I got the neon to fire when i disconnect the secondary batt. The machine still doesnt function properly, but i cant get it to run on just one transistor. Any tips?

Comment

Hi Pal!,
                        i see that your Trigger connections have to be reversed.. and you will be on track..! having that done most of the transient (Radiant Spike!) protection look very much in place.. neat and effortful work ..!
                        Rgds,
                        Faraday88.
                        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

I got the neon to fire when i disconnect the secondary batt. The machine still doesnt function properly, but i cant get it to run on just one transistor. Any tips?

coil wires not shorted together internally
                          bad connections
                          bad transistors
                          diodes wrong way
                          magnets south out not north

take that big circuit off the machine build a single SG circuit like this one. add circuits as it starts running. I see you have insulators on your transistors, good you can leave the coil as is. with all of the components many things could be wrong. if you have the SG book you wil see this coil is in repulsion mode, do not worry about that, run your coil the way you have it one power strand one trigger strand in attraction mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Monopole1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	45465

Tom C
                          Last edited by Tom C; 04-09-2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                            coil wires not shorted together internally
                            bad connections
                            bad transistors
                            diodes wrong way
                            magnets south out not north

take that big circuit off the machine build a single SG circuit like this one. add circuits as it starts running. I see you have insulators on your transistors, good you can leave the coil as is. with all of the components many things could be wrong. if you have the SG book you wil see this coil is in repulsion mode, do not worry about that, run your coil the way you have it one power strand one trigger strand in attraction mode.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1773[/ATTACH]

Tom C
                            Can you tell by the picture if my diodes are the right way? The magnets i am pretty sure are N out. When i plugged a battery into the coil alone, it does repel. The transistors I will need to test again, it is possible I burned them up during unsuccessful testing. The connections will be resoldered. I am building a single SG circuit now, and will update this evening on the findings.

Comment

Hi All,
                              I've decided to do the same thing that Gpilot is doing. Glad to see him jumping in a getting after it.
                              I've been upgrading my bike wheel setup to meet the instructions in the intermediate manual.
                              I have matched trannys and resistors running on an 8 pwr strand coil and also have the cap pulser circuit working and seeing 2.5amp pulses at about once per second.
                              I'll be rewinding my coil with #20 wire tomorrow and running with 7 pwr strands.

Glad this thread is started so I'll be posting.

Usually when the mag is attracted to the core at turn on, it means that there is a short or a bad transistor.

Tom C is giving a good step by step approach for a relative newbie.

Nice work and the help is here.

bro d

Comment

Working...
                              X