Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct winding of pc fan for bedini motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct winding of pc fan for bedini motor.

Hi I'm new here. Just got started in the bedini circuits and tried out the ssg circuit with a fan rather than a coil. I am not achieving any results for some reason. I have tried removing the wire and rewinding my own larger gauge wire onto the fan in order to be more precise but it does not appear to have done anything. Am I possibly winding them in the wrong direction?

I notice the battery does push the fan alone so I know current is flowing through. The layout of the coil winding is something like this.

+1
    +3 -4

Where coil 1 is wound to coil 2 and coil 3 is wound to coil 4. I thought this was correct as they produce a magnetic field which is resisted by the magnet in the fan.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

Nevermind just got it. I started from scratch with another fan and soldered the wires back on correctly. I seem to have made it work. From the off position I plugged in two 9v batteries in series and the fan was static. I then spun it as most people do and voila it took off and sped itself up to it's max rpm. It doesn't seem to be producing more out than in but I have also not set it up for charging yet. I hope when I hook it up to some 12v lead acid batteries that it will yield some interesting data.

Comment

Working...
    X