• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick
    can you give what you use resistors and potentiometer the values

Thanks

Comment

• Ed,
      to start, I would put a 1mh pot on everything, however, pull this thing apart as there are basically 3 functions going on.

first - we should recognize the SS SSG in the middle. get that working on 1-3 volts with a nice smooth range of pulses as shown here:

Second - the mosfet - switch it manually w/o the SS SSG or part 3. just touch the gate w/ the + have it turn on a light and see what maximum resistance value it wants to shut off quickly. Next have it dump the load manually and make sure the resistance is low enough to turn off. the resistor is removing the charge from the gate which forces the mosfet to shut off.

Third is the easiest and, really, where the innovation of this thing is to power the switch. take a 1m ohm resistor, connect the two outer loops to either side of the power sources negative to negative as drawn. If you are charging 12 volts, make sure the cap that you are dumping has at least 30 volts when you do this. then place a voltmeter from the center wiper to either side of the pot, watch the voltage change as you turn the pot. you will quickly see what you need to do for resistor/pot values there. In fact all you need is the one pot connected in the wiper fashion, however, I find it a little more stable to use both.

If you break this setup down into 3 steps like this, you can get away with only having a couple of pot's then replace w/ resistors once you find the value for your setup.

remember the higher value the resistances the less energy wasted. this CoolJoule MSD, if tuned properly, should only take microwatts to run. the best coil I found for this SO FAR is a small sewing bobbin filled bifilar w/ 36 awg wire. we only need a tiny bit of energy to hit the gate open. the capacitors you use will be just as if not more important than the resistances. once you have the resistances narrowed down, play around w/ different caps as I show in the vid, both caps are behaving somewhat similarly.

Originally posted by Ed_Morbus View Post
      Patrick
      can you give what you use resistors and potentiometer the values

Thanks

Comment

• Thanks for sharing Pat.
        Something interesting, a friend of mine, who got me started on Bedini a couple years ago by loaning me the original book from '84 (I think), has a home made battery charger that is a 1-2 amp version of your lite lenz free unit. He uses a 25 uf condenser for 1 amp with a switch to parallel another condenser for 2 amps. He's had the thing for decades. He had no idea Bedini was still around let alone had a following online. The internet has really spread this technology like never before. Thanks again for open sharing. Al

Comment

• Patrick
          Thanks you use Air Core Coil ?

Comment

• Patrick

your window kit b vid.... you are using the SG as a prime mover and the window motor half as the generator, charging a cap and dumping to a battery, correct?

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Hi Tom,
              Spot on, just one of many ways...
              Patrick A

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
              Patrick

your window kit b vid.... you are using the SG as a prime mover and the window motor half as the generator, charging a cap and dumping to a battery, correct?

Tom C

Comment

• Try it both ways, see which one gives you solid clean spaced pulses. One might work better than the other depending on the wire transistor etc you use. I like to use a small transistor for this 2n2222 is nice but the mje13009g's work well also, anything will work - after a point it's all just fussy stuff and nitpicking for me...

Originally posted by Ed_Morbus View Post
                Patrick
                Thanks you use Air Core Coil ?

Comment

• Hi Al,
                  yeah - most of this stuff has been around "forever". We can only spread the word, try to innovate w/ new tech, and hope for the best. I remember doing it on accident when I was trying to replicate Romero UK's builds. I also remember "inventing" shorting coils only to find out it had already been done over 100 years ago... I "invent" many things :-) I find it most fun to discover and research this stuff. It could be interesting to find out how your friend learned about it, see if it traces back to anything...
                  Patrick

Originally posted by aln View Post
                  Thanks for sharing Pat.
                  Something interesting, a friend of mine, who got me started on Bedini a couple years ago by loaning me the original book from '84 (I think), has a home made battery charger that is a 1-2 amp version of your lite lenz free unit. He uses a 25 uf condenser for 1 amp with a switch to parallel another condenser for 2 amps. He's had the thing for decades. He had no idea Bedini was still around let alone had a following online. The internet has really spread this technology like never before. Thanks again for open sharing. Al

Comment

• Patrick,
                    In your youtube channel on SS SSG are you using match MJE13009?just curious..am trying to replicate but never got to the square wave as u shown on the meter...
                    TIA
                    Alfin

Comment

• Al,
                      Matched, but I can get the square wave regardless... are you using the diode to the base? I'll have to go play around w/ it on a scope, I don't remember ever NOT being able to get square...
                      Patrick

Originally posted by alfinip2000 View Post
                      Patrick,
                      In your youtube channel on SS SSG are you using match MJE13009?just curious..am trying to replicate but never got to the square wave as u shown on the meter...
                      TIA
                      Alfin

Comment

• yes, am using CAP MOD modification, diode before the resistor,the only different is am using 10uf 450v cap, i put 75.000uf cap on input and output..air core not iron, i think the core is the problem..well, am trying to figure out this weekend
                        TIA
                        Alfin

Comment

• Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                          Hi Al,
                          yeah - most of this stuff has been around "forever". We can only spread the word, try to innovate w/ new tech, and hope for the best. I remember doing it on accident when I was trying to replicate Romero UK's builds. I also remember "inventing" shorting coils only to find out it had already been done over 100 years ago... I "invent" many things :-) I find it most fun to discover and research this stuff. It could be interesting to find out how your friend learned about it, see if it traces back to anything...
                          Patrick
                          Spoke to my friend this weekend and he said that his friend was working on hydrolizing water and was using capacitive discharges for that purpose. He worked for a company named Eagle Research. He got the Bedini book from someone else. Aln

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	46679

Sorry, am not very good with circuit but am really interested in it.
                            Are the 4 diodes on the left needed? I thought the SG has an output of positive and negative, then why do we still need the 4 diodes as we can connect straight to the capacitors.
                            What kind of led do you use for D5 and D7 for the 12V charge battery? And the diodes D1 D2, D3 are all 1N4007?

Thanks !

Regards,
                            Mark
                            Last edited by iopplm; 11-06-2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Hi why-me, you can order the coils directly from our website - just click on the link in my signature.

If it's a custom coil you're after, shoot us an email sales@teslagenx.com

Looking forward to seeing your build up and running

John K.

Comment

• why-me, I can't see a connection from the FWBR to the positive of the capacitor so I'm not sure how it's going to charge.

Also, you're talking about charging up a 29 Farad capacitor right? Or 29,000,000 microfarad? If so, you are going to need a pretty chunky relay that can handle at least 2,000 amps. It's also going to take a long time to charge, although I haven't seen your generator yet.

Just for comparison, the Large Bedini Comparator charges up a 60,000 microfarad capacitor and when it discharges at 24V it discharges with over 200A pulses. If I push it hard and dump 5-6 times per second the 5 FETs on it need a large heat sink and a fan to keep them cool.

John K.

Comment

Working...
                                X