• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by totoalas View Post
    Tesla Pancake - Cap Charging YT 150413
    The caps charged fast enough using pancake coils

totoalas
    Hi totoalas,
    can you provide a link? I can't find that vid.
    Thanks,
    Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by totoalas View Post
      Tesla Pancake - Cap Charging YT 150413
      The caps charged fast enough using pancake coils

totoalas
      That's pretty cool. I just this weekend played with a light oscillator circuit using the radio shack 12 volt transformer, 120v led light bulb, and a 2n3055... Anyways I stuck a diode there on the 12 volt side of the coil and then use that output and connect it to my Bedini comparator cap pulser; My batteries charge just as fast as when the SSG is powering the comparator.

Chris

Comment

Catrinisin
        Have you circuit schematic for licht oscillator

Comment

Originally posted by Catrinisin View Post
          That's pretty cool. I just this weekend played with a light oscillator circuit using the radio shack 12 volt transformer, 120v led light bulb, and a 2n3055... Anyways I stuck a diode there on the 12 volt side of the coil and then use that output and connect it to my Bedini comparator cap pulser; My batteries charge just as fast as when the SSG is powering the comparator.

Chris
          Thanks Chris, fast charging is ok, next is to control overcharging lol

Min2oly, you had seen and made comment on my video, ill turn the setting to public tonight as I mistakenly pressed the private button for all my vids....

thanks

totoalas

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
            Hi totoalas,
            can you provide a link? I can't find that vid.
            Thanks,
            Patrick
            Tesla Pancake Coil - Cap Charging 150413 - YouTube
            youve seen this one w.comment already

Comment

Originally posted by Ed_Morbus View Post
              Catrinisin
              Have you circuit schematic for licht oscillator
              Here you go Ed:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Joule Ringer with Energy Recovery 12v.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	45482

Comment

Catrinisin Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BroMikey
                  yes thanks from me also I have two lanterns I made this way for working out back. When it is running my scope looks just like the SSG because of good ole John B.

I used the lasersaber ringer 2.0 but hooked it up differently. I also added caps for trigger pulsing like we all do, til the amps dropped and light went brighter at the same time. I used a coil hooked to my scope leads to look in on my battery. The ringing in the battery on these circuits are identical to the Bedini technology.

Again thanks-a-mil 4 the diagram

Mike
                  Hey Mike,

That sounds pretty cool, how differently did you hook it up anyway? Did you make your own transformer per Lasersaber?

-Chris

Comment

Hey Patrick, when you have the circuit hooked up to an energizer, do you send it through a FWBR before the cap, or do you just go SSG direct to the cap?

Thanks,

-Woody
                    "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

min2oly,

I've been mainly fiddling with hall effect sensors, however I'll say I tried discharging a cap with an "avalanche" diode, that is assuming a transient voltage suppressor diode is an avalanche diode. No success. It would trip the transistor base (for this particular diode in this case at ten volts) however would not fully discharge the cap, stopping at ten volts, in other words, this diode, (if it was in fact an avalanche diode) behaved exactly like a 10V Zener. I think I'm going to look again at the two transistor oscillator that Forrest Mims has provided. It may not be a perfect solution but it would be something that acts like a 555 timer to dump a diode while being maybe a little more simple

Comment

Alright, here's a funny idea for you Patrick. First off, are there efficiency losses using very small capacitance caps pulsed frequently versus larger caps pulsed less frequently? If the answer is no, consider the following, pardon me that I'll be thinking this through as I write. Take a single spike from an SSG, let's say you have a 150V spike. You wish to charge a 12V battery. Size a cap such that, that single 150V spike will charge the cap to 24V. Alright we need to discharge that cap and need a signal. How about using the same signal from the sensor coil. You might need a second sensor coil, I am really just thinking as I write, however the sensor pulse of the electromagnet goes to an NPN, a PNP will be triggered by a negative voltage between the base and emitter. Could it be wired such that the moment the sensor coil shuts off this sends a signal to a PNP tranny to discharge your cap? Wouldn't that be nice. Of course the cap would be discharging at 1-10 kHz or more, however, and someone should look at the math, because it is quite small it may not care.
                        Paul

Comment

Yes, FWBR is a must :-)

Comment

I would like to see this one in action for sure.
                            let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                              I would like to see this one in action for sure.
                              let us know how it turns out.
                              Not sure if you are responding to me, brother Mikey or another, brother. On the outside chance you were responding to me, I'll say this, I still don't have an SSG working at the moment! I wound a 1000 turn bifilar coil went to trim the electricians tape with scissors and cut the coil. I can fix it but it annoyed me enough to leave it alone for awhile.

I do have a functional hall effect pulse motor with two unipolar hall effect sensors in opposite orientations, and (with 4 battery supplies) it runs from two transistors. I've been looking at it in terms of different magnetic approaches, however (and I've diagrammed it and am "fairly" certain what's going on) I can't capture the inductive spike until I add one or two more transistors.

That said I looked up a little about RC curves and RC calculators to try and make a guess. Noting that I have nothing working at the moment I am "guessing" somewhere around a 1 to 4.7 uF capacitance might be around 20V from a single inductive spike. If this turns out to be right we can look at RC curves or RC calcultors. Where I get confused here is estimating the resitance going on. I would "guess" again that there isn't much resistance charging the cap from a FWBR, then again 1) I might be way off or 2) It may be different dealing with radiant pulses. Also I have no idea what the resitstance through the transistor might be when discharging.

If things behave like the textbook and there is not significant resistance through the transistor then I think you can pulse a 1 - 4.7 uF cap at well over 10 kHz. Also don't know if this cap would somehow leak out through the circuit somehow.

Lastly, thinking about it in terms of an SSG again, it actually strikes me as easier than I first thought. 1) The electromagnet shuts off and fills the cap from the collapsing inductive spike, next. 2) The sensor coil a) turns on the electromagnet and at the same time b) discharges the cap 3) goto 1)

Well I can see any number of things which might go wrong and then there is actually seeing when one builds it what might go wrong, still the idea is pretty straightforward and if the math adds up the execution may be simple as well.

So not sure if I am off base with the thread but that is my idea for a simple cap dump.
                              Last edited by ZPDM; 04-23-2013, 07:27 AM.

Comment

"Hi ZPDM

Sounds like you have a handle of electronics"

Thank you BroMikey, I don't think anyone has ever said that before, I don't really have a handle of electronics, but then who does?

Yes I was answering your question about my SS SSG circuit hooked to a ferrite wound coil to run my lantern.

Actually I was directing my post to Min2oly who started the thread. For some reason I can't figure out he is obsessed with cap dumps. If you ask me there is "Mithril" in the final box on his videos. As Gandalf said after Frodo was stabbed by the cave troll, "I think there is more to this hobbit than meets the eye." I really don't know why he is on about cap dumps, I'll likely run into the reason at some point but I just wanted to post my idea for a possibly very simple cap dump.

"By the way the toggling method used by JB today has been around on TV chassis for years." Heck yeah, now we're talking, what does that Bedini fellow know about electronics anyway? But to be clear I think you are telling the board that switched mode DC-DC converters (Buck Boost, Boost) also make use of a collapsing magnetic field. Seems a shame they won't talk to people with experience in that field that may be on this board.

In any event, I still don't know what the big deal is about a cap discharge, but I have to hope my idea might just be worthy of a forum John Bedini contributes to.
                                Last edited by ZPDM; 04-23-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X