X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrick Thanks for the schematic

Comment

Patrick-

Thanks for posting these videos! The cap dump has become the stumbling block for me for taking the SSG to the next experimental level. I just ordered a couple of SSR's to replicate your circuit. I really like what you've put together here! The schematic you posted is really small though. Any chance you could blow it up and re-post? Also, I can't tell if the specifics of the resistors, pots, and caps are included on your diagram. If not, would you mind specifying those values? So far in your video you mentioned a 1 mega-ohm pot, an LED with resistors, a 200v 10uf cap, the Douglas Randall SSR model K08A, a 100 ohm resistor, a bifilar coil, another unspecified cap, another unspecified pot, and an unspecified transistor.

Thanks for the great info!

-Woody
      "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

Serves me right for trying to be "smart" and upload a PNG file.
        Lets see how this one works

I also uploaded the wrong schematic before, this is the correct one :-)
        the one below might work, but I never tried the LED there.
        I didn't load values, mostly because - as we all know - our coils are going to be different and we are going to need to tune these for our own builds.
        coil is 23awg bifilar spool filled
        cpd cap is 330uf
        1mega ohm pot x 2
        100 ohm resistor to base.
        this should get you in the ball park
        cap across the SSR is 1000uf - should be smaller
        I just received my mosfet will try it out this week. I was hoping to get it working w/o the $25 SSR. It is reliable though.
        -KR,
        Patrick

Comment

Thanks Patrick!! Can't wait to try this out!

@ Mike- The 6 pole has been reworked with 19awg coils and Samarium Cobalt magnets. The biggest battery I have charged with it is a 650CCA auto battery. It is a fun little unit to experiment with, and it has been the basis for many experiments with cap dumping, higher voltages on the primary side, super pole magnet configurations, and even to provide the voltage to a hydrogen fuel cell. All kinds of fun to be had!!

-Woody
          "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
            Serves me right for trying to be "smart" and upload a PNG file.
            Lets see how this one works

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1776[/ATTACH]

I also uploaded the wrong schematic before, this is the correct one :-)
            the one below might work, but I never tried the LED there.
            I didn't load values, mostly because - as we all know - our coils are going to be different and we are going to need to tune these for our own builds.
            coil is 23awg bifilar spool filled
            cpd cap is 330uf
            1mega ohm pot x 2
            100 ohm resistor to base.
            this should get you in the ball park
            cap across the SSR is 1000uf - should be smaller
            I just received my mosfet will try it out this week. I was hoping to get it working w/o the $25 SSR. It is reliable though.
            -KR,
            Patrick
            Hey Patrick,

Thanks for this diagram. Can you specify what is corrected on this one? For the life of me I can't tell what is different between this one and the first one you posted that was small in size. You mentioned the LED and resistor but they are in the same spot still. I apologize in advance if I'm being ignorant of something obvious.

Reqards,
            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Catrinisin View Post
              Hey Patrick,

Thanks for this diagram. Can you specify what is corrected on this one? For the life of me I can't tell what is different between this one and the first one you posted that was small in size. You mentioned the LED and resistor but they are in the same spot still. I apologize in advance if I'm being ignorant of something obvious.

Reqards,
              Chris
              Hi Chris,
              in my messed up post #65 i had two images. I removed the wrong one already.
              -KR,
              Patrick

Comment

What's in the BOX

Hello all,
                I thought I might share one more very nice discovery I made. I'm not going to draw this one out more than a week :-)

Post a guess on the tuber. There are already some excellent ideas!
                -KR,
                Patrick

Comment

What's in the BOX

Only notice...
                  Many have already figured out that you must post your guess on u-tube in order to gain access to the next level.

Nice one Mike,
                  post it on the tube :-)

I've had the answer/vid posted all week...
                  -KR,
                  Patrick

Comment

Only notice...
                    Many have already figured out that you must post your guess on u-tube in order to gain access to the next level.

Nice one Mike,
                    post it on the tube :-)

I've had the answer/vid posted all week...
                    -KR,
                    Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I made my comment on youtube yesterday but I still don't see any answer. Your channel shows this as the newest vid from 2 days ago?

Thanks,
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Catrinisin View Post
                      Hi Patrick,

I made my comment on youtube yesterday but I still don't see any answer. Your channel shows this as the newest vid from 2 days ago?

Thanks,
                      Chris
                      Hi Chris,
                      I added it yesterday. Maybe the youtube account settings need to be redone to enable you to get notifications?
                      in any event, I sent you a PM on your tube account (catrinisin) that should work :-)
                      Thanks for letting me know,
                      Patrick

Comment

Hi Chris,
                        I added it yesterday. Maybe the youtube account settings need to be redone to enable you to get notifications?
                        in any event, I sent you a PM on your tube account (catrinisin) that should work :-)
                        Thanks for letting me know,
                        Patrick

Thanks, found it in my junk folder, doh!

Comment

Originally posted by BroMikey
                          Hi Pat

when you get time help me find out where the next level is. Its really no rush.

Mike
                          Hi Mike,
                          I guess it doesn't matter if I post the link here, you can only get in if I added your tube username.
                          bromikey right? the new youtube format is bad for messaging and the like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxkPu8_wNpc

Kind Regards,
                          Patrick

Comment

Hi Chris

I commented like you did so maybe I need to look in my junk folder?
                            Is that a folder on youtube or gmail? I am trying to find everything since I now have a youtube account and Gmail but did not find any answer yet.
                            Mike
                            Well it was my Gmail, but it was Outlook that put it in Junk as I use Outlook for multiple email accounts. I think you can also go into your Youtube account on the website and look up the messages in there as well, without needing the email. (As long as Patrick did in fact invite you, which I'm sure he did)

Thanks,
                            Chris

Comment

hI CATRINISIN

Thanks and yes Patrick is doing well to help me. I am making accounts slow and putting some of John Bedini's video's up. This takes time to learn. With help I think I did it.

It is hard to believe how fast Patrick's battery charged up on his "What's in the box" video.
                              Did you get yours working that good?

Mike
                              Mike,

No not yet. I tied connecting another coil I have in parallel but this stops my rotor from being able to spin for some reason. This is a small machine so Im not sure what is up. The coil I connected is a fair amount bigger than the running coil, but so was Patrick's. I will try again with another coil here today or tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks,
                              Chris

Comment

Tesla Pancake - Cap Charging YT 150413
                                The caps charged fast enough using pancake coils

totoalas

Comment

Working...
                                X