No announcement yet.

The Ultimate Cap Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you guys thought about charging caps in series and dump in parallel? Another switching circuit but could be worth the effort. Sadly this kind of stuff I have negligible expertise and it will take one of those more adept a switching to nut it out!

Comment

• James,

it works better if you charge caps in parallel and then dump them in series at double the voltage..... this is the scaler charger circuit shown on JB's oldest web pages..........

Comment

• Welcome to John Bedini

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• NOTE: we never used the shaft power for anything except to turn a fan, or control timing.(BTI) John started to developed motors running in this range, these were known to just transform the power into a potential charge without using any primary current, using just simple switching to do this. John then built about 147 different designs of this motor. At each design, John would call meetings with the investors and explain the system and how it worked, He then would summit to a testing of that system with out side consultants and reproduction of the system after the proper forms were singed.John post to KeelyNet a simple drawing allowing anybody to make the design after Patents were filed with the US Patent office. John has always said that others need to know what the Technology is and how it works in the end. What John did not know was that others could not build it like John and did not understand the meaning of the experimental device. What was the meaning of the devices? The device was nothing more then a simple pulse motor with a One to One Transformer to collect Potential Charge in a Capacitor Bank without using any primary current to do it, to a voltage level for discharge across the secondary battery. What did the device teach us, It taught use a lot about what happens in lead acid batteries and how the lead acid battery could become the fuel cell of the future through just holding a Potential charge on the battery in pulses while the motor is out of the closed current loop. What John did with his experimental work was to show us at BTI, that you only need a "Electrostatic Potential" to charge the battery and the battery would recharge itself, and would sustain that charge in time longer then the normal charging of batteries. NOTE: In Reviewing lab notes, John started his work on these systems in the 1960's while in the US Army, A quote from one of his friends Max, John always wanted to hook up a Motor to a Generator and have it run itself.Gary Bedini BTI

Comment

• There are a few constants in all of this technology JB has invented. if you read thru his posts over the last 30 years ways of doing things change and theory gets massaged a bit, but it is always about the dipole and generating it in the battery. this is why flooded lead acid batteries are so important, the solution to our problems lies in the battery and how the monopole causes the battery to become an energy factory.

Tom C

Comment

• Mikey,

Based on my experiments way back, it takes almost 2 x as long to fill the 2 caps from a energizer, as it does 1, but the double the voltage discharge from the caps in series, really wackes a battery hard... it is tricky to make it work..... but it does work, use transistors only, as Mosfets can work, but you really have to have them biased just right on the gate, and that is beyond most PPL.......

this method, can make a low voltage energizer (less than 12V, maybe a Crystal battery or alum battery), that can only charge the 2 caps to say 24V, but with double that voltage when in series, it can charge a 24V bank.....

Comment

• Originally posted by brodonh View Post
                Caps from intermediate manual?

ECES1KP153EA PANASONIC 15,000uF 80V Aluminum Electrolytic Snap In capacitor 2020031518

They look relatively tall and skinny.

I ordered a few and will report.

If these are exellent I can get them from my China connection for a much better price even though

I paid $10 per unit which is pretty good.

bro d
                Hi All,

The caps came quickly and they are impressive in appearance.

I put 4 in the comparator that I already had running (not the etched one) and they seem to have simuliar performance to the
                15000uF,63v caps that I was using.

I"m trying to get to identical new bateries fully charged for a basic cop test.

I have a knife switch batt switcher in place and will simply see if the two new batteries can sustain each other or not.

bro d

Comment

Hi All,

This is a jpeg of the comparator circuit I've etched.

bro d

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2197[/ATTACH]
                  Hi All,
                  I'm replying to my own post.

The etched circuit looked like a good idea to me but after failing to get it to work for 3 days, I chose to junk it.

Maybe someone can see why it won't work.

bro d

Comment

Hi All,
                    I'm replying to my own post.

The etched circuit looked like a good idea to me but after failing to get it to work for 3 days, I chose to junk it.

Maybe someone can see why it won't work.

bro d
                    Hi All and Glen,

I've etched another version of the comparator and it is working well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RC comparator glen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	45658

I've attached the cct.

I've got a new 16 bike rim with a shaft that rotates installed.
                    21 mags, alloy rim.

I'm surprised at the speed. almost double what my 16 inch plastic wheel was doing.

I'm running a 7 pwr strand SSG with 470ohm base resistors and matched components.

12ohm resistor in triiger circuit. 3/8 inch gap and the thing flies. 440rpm @ 12.5v input.

It needs at little more current to tune so I'll probobly widen the gap to bring it to 1 amp and no additional resistance.

I'm ready to hook up #6 AWG connections in and out, also between the ssg cct and the comparator cct (in and out of bridge)

be talkin',

bro d

Comment

• Originally posted by min2oly
                      Here is the simple NPN breakdown capdump working on Ed's short/unshort PMH generator.

KR,
                      patrick
                      you never cease to amaze me patrick!!

Tom C

Comment

Hi All and Glen,

I've etched another version of the comparator and it is working well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2331[/ATTACH]

I've attached the cct.

I've got a new 16 bike rim with a shaft that rotates installed.
                        21 mags, alloy rim.

I'm surprised at the speed. almost double what my 16 inch plastic wheel was doing.

I'm running a 7 pwr strand SSG with 470ohm base resistors and matched components.

12ohm resistor in triiger circuit. 3/8 inch gap and the thing flies. 440rpm @ 12.5v input.

It needs at little more current to tune so I'll probobly widen the gap to bring it to 1 amp and no additional resistance.

I'm ready to hook up #6 AWG connections in and out, also between the ssg cct and the comparator cct (in and out of bridge)

be talkin',

bro d
                        Greetings:

Thank you for posting the circuit. I appreciate it.

Some time back, I experimented with cap pulsers on my big wheel and coil. (5' dia. wheel, 117 strand #22 ga wire)

I tried several values of caps and dumped via SCR into 3k to 10k AH of LABs.

The wave forms were nice, but I ended up burning holes in the magnets on the wheel. (Yup, a magnetic null zone the width of the iron core of the coil.)

After replacing the magnets, I ran the thing straight SG style.

After tripping and falling into the transistor board, which smoked all the base resistors, I've been using 55 transistors and have two strands connected to each. Running this setup solid state. (Can't afford to ruin any more magnets!)

Pulses come from a 555 timer driven PWM circuit. This biases a MJL21194 which passes voltage to the Base of the 55 load transistors. Current is hefty until the pulse width is narrowed way down. I'm working on a LM339 based PWM, (Bob French's), to replace the 555 circuit with and hope to have it next week.

I've been toying with the idea of rewinding the large coil as an air core and see how that plays. A lot of work, though.

JB's SG3524 based circuit has given me good results when driven by a small, 5 strand, SSG. The dump here is frequency based rather than voltage based though.

I will build the circuits posted on this thread and see how they act dumping into 12, 24, 36, and 48 volts.

Thanks again,

glen

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenWV View Post
                          Greetings:

Thank you for posting the circuit. I appreciate it.

Some time back, I experimented with cap pulsers on my big wheel and coil. (5' dia. wheel, 117 strand #22 ga wire)

I tried several values of caps and dumped via SCR into 3k to 10k AH of LABs.

The wave forms were nice, but I ended up burning holes in the magnets on the wheel. (Yup, a magnetic null zone the width of the iron core of the coil.)

After replacing the magnets, I ran the thing straight SG style.

After tripping and falling into the transistor board, which smoked all the base resistors, I've been using 55 transistors and have two strands connected to each. Running this setup solid state. (Can't afford to ruin any more magnets!)

Pulses come from a 555 timer driven PWM circuit. This biases a MJL21194 which passes voltage to the Base of the 55 load transistors. Current is hefty until the pulse width is narrowed way down. I'm working on a LM339 based PWM, (Bob French's), to replace the 555 circuit with and hope to have it next week.

I've been toying with the idea of rewinding the large coil as an air core and see how that plays. A lot of work, though.

JB's SG3524 based circuit has given me good results when driven by a small, 5 strand, SSG. The dump here is frequency based rather than voltage based though.

I will build the circuits posted on this thread and see how they act dumping into 12, 24, 36, and 48 volts.

Thanks again,

glen
                          Hi Glen,

Glsd you got the cct.

The comparator cct is neat in that you can set the pulse voltage and vary the input and still get the pulse at the same voltage.

If you increase the input it will pulse faster.

When you add capacitance it will take longer to fill the caps upto the set voltage but you will get mor amperage in the pulse.

I'm trying to get 1 to 1 charging with a bike wheel according to JB's specific instructions and then I will proceed to building multicoilers again.

You smoked mags? WILD!!! What did it smell like?

bro d

Comment

• Hi John K and Tom C,

I may need a little help with my thinking.

I want to run my bike wheel at 1A draw.

It likes 1.2A. I decided to load it with a gen coil and bring it down to 1A.

Is this the same type of effect as a mechanical load like a fan?

Did you hear anything about what JB's fan does to the amp draw?

I've done my whole plan for 1 to 1 charging with a bike wheel.

#6 AWG through out.

Comparator pulsing at 1hz.

1A draw. Balanced 16" rim with 21 mags. I saw the bearings do 9min 57sec free spin.

New lawn tractor batts.

Any more requirements?

bro d

Comment

• Thanks Patrick for your response.

I've got to have better understanding of the comparator cct before continuing with it.

The charge rate is poor.

The gen coil plan in addition to the comparator yielded even worse results.

Radiant charging a batt works well and I'll see what I can get by charging 2 @24v with one @12v.

I'm using the 2A12 to charge the run batt. I'll do 2 in parallel to stay in the C-20 range.

I need to understand the function of the different components in the Ron Chase comparator cct or maybe go with RS's. He has good understanding of his.

Thanks again,

bro d

Comment

Hi John K and Tom C,

I may need a little help with my thinking.

I want to run my bike wheel at 1A draw.

It likes 1.2A. I decided to load it with a gen coil and bring it down to 1A.

Is this the same type of effect as a mechanical load like a fan?

Did you hear anything about what JB's fan does to the amp draw?

I've done my whole plan for 1 to 1 charging with a bike wheel.

#6 AWG through out.

Comparator pulsing at 1hz.

1A draw. Balanced 16" rim with 21 mags. I saw the bearings do 9min 57sec free spin.

New lawn tractor batts.

Any more requirements?

bro d
                                I think the simple reason the amp draw goes down when you load the wheel is that the RPMs go down. Since the battery is only being pulsed on each magnet pass, with lower RPMs we have less magnet passes per second and thus less overall amp draw.

My $0.02
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X