2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Cap Dump

Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    Hi Paul,
    them's alot of words let me give it a go...

I'm pretty sure I've never seen or heard of anyone "shorting" Ed's coils the way I'm doing it here. Here is another vid series on timing etc...

there are a few more around that time, you should be able to get a handle on it w/ these.
    The beauty of using Ed's PMH is the lower RPM low lenz vs high output.

I'm interested in how you would get a Faraday Disk to produce low voltage/high current electricity? is there significant lenz in your method?

I never posted in the videos, but for you..., if you also use the right size cap in place of the primary battery, this will boost the output of Bolt's amplified coil short.
    -KR
    Patrick
    Hi Patrick,

Yes, I like words. I will certainly review your videos and see if I can figure out what you mean about a shorted electromagnet that still functions, or if you are just pulling our leg (I bet you are! eh? eh?) You know you really didn't give me any yes or no's, I'm disappointed, however, it may be that I can say something about conventional electronics to someone who might have more experience there so I'll talk at you on the Faraday disk. The Faraday disk or homopolar generator also illustrates Faraday's paradox.

Faraday took a disk magnet attached a copper plate to it spun them both, then put a wire in the center of the copper disk and a wire at the periphery and got an electric current. You can stay awake at night on that one. There is no magnetic flux between the copper and the magnets yet there is electricity generated. To this day I don't believe there is a good explanation. Faraday said, maybe the spinning magnets are creating a static field through which the copper plate experiences magnetic flux. Who am I to question Faraday? The outside of the magnet is spinning faster than the interior so there is a difference there but how would the center of the circle know what the outside is doing? Bruce DePalma spoke of inertial frames of reference, who am I to question DePalma?

The electricity generated is high current, low voltage. In fact they used to use this set-up to generate enormous amperage. Tesla has a patent for a raising the voltage from Faraday discs, and I believe if I didn't dream it a discussion about how segmented "Faraday discs" might work.

You are right and hit the nail on the head, what about Lenz? DePalma, with his oh jezz N-machine I think (there are N-machines G-machines, SSGs etc. can't keep it all straight) did not have Lenz losses, he discussed the topic and magnetic flux paths but I didn't understand. I don't know what the Lenz losses are with a Faraday disk but you just have to put a brush contact in the center and one at the periphery to start to find out. I'll close just saying I spun a disk magnet on a high speed rotary tool and got electricity from the center and periphery, that is my current state of the art.

Quote Originally Posted by ZPDM View Post
    Hi Patrick,

Yes, I like words. I will certainly review your videos and see if I can figure out what you mean about a shorted electromagnet that still functions, or if you are just pulling our leg (I bet you are! eh? eh?) You know you really didn't give me any yes or no's, I'm disappointed, however, it may be that I can say something about conventional electronics to someone who might have more experience there so I'll talk at you on the Faraday disk. The Faraday disk or homopolar generator also illustrates Faraday's paradox.

Faraday took a disk magnet attached a copper plate to it spun them both, then put a wire in the center of the copper disk and a wire at the periphery and got an electric current. You can stay awake at night on that one. There is no magnetic flux between the copper and the magnets yet there is electricity generated. To this day I don't believe there is a good explanation. Faraday said, maybe the spinning magnets are creating a static field through which the copper plate experiences magnetic flux. Who am I to question Faraday? The outside of the magnet is spinning faster than the interior so there is a difference there but how would the center of the circle know what the outside is doing? Bruce DePalma spoke of inertial frames of reference, who am I to question DePalma?

The electricity generated is high current, low voltage. In fact they used to use this set-up to generate enormous amperage. Tesla has a patent for a raising the voltage from Faraday discs, and I believe if I didn't dream it a discussion about how segmented "Faraday discs" might work.

You are right and hit the nail on the head, what about Lenz? DePalma, with his oh jezz N-machine I think (there are N-machines G-machines, SSGs etc. can't keep it all straight) did not have Lenz losses, he discussed the topic and magnetic flux paths but I didn't understand. I don't know what the Lenz losses are with a Faraday disk but you just have to put a brush contact in the center and one at the periphery to start to find out. I'll close just saying I spun a disk magnet on a high speed rotary tool and got electricity from the center and periphery, that is my current state of the art.
    Homopolar generator

Dynamo Electric Machine

Forbes dynamo

pulsed power storage

railguns to linear motors

Many thanks min2oly,

Give me time to go over your video logged work. I'll probably annoy you again.

ZP

Many thanks min2oly,

Give me time to go over your video logged work. I'll probably annoy you again.

ZP
    Your time is your own ZPDM - annoy or annoy not.
    I hope you find what you are looking for.
    -KR
    Patrick

Just sharing and no claim whatsoever to make the story short lol
    When a coil is shorted the rotor stopped.... Open and it speed up again to 470 .... Open circuit voltage ac is 3 volts....
    When coil is paralleled with a ceramic cap..... the rotor speed up to 570 rpm and voltage across cap/ coil is 9 v ac
    Im using an ssg circuit plus extra coil for shorting....... 26 awg

totoalas

Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    Your time is your own ZPDM - annoy or annoy not.
    I hope you find what you are looking for.
    -KR
    Patrick
    I apologize if I was snide in my last reply, just looking to keep things light hearted. Second, "I hope you find what you are looking for", I do greatly appreciate that however it is you who have posted much more than me searching in this area. What do you do if you have found what you were looking for?
    Last edited by ZPDM; 05-01-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Totoalas,

That's probably directed to Patrick but thanks in any event, I will have to check that out. I am still at the level with the hall effect sensors of bigger magnets mean heavier rotor and faster rotation.

Totoalas,

That's probably directed to Patrick but thanks in any event, I will have to check that out. I am still at the level with the hall effect sensors of bigger magnets mean heavier rotor and faster rotation.
    Thanks ZPDM
    my microwave 16 ring magnets from 8 microwave oven and 16 neodyne magnets from hd servers plus the wheel mags weighed in 40 kgs in my latest vids as for the rotation 1210 rpm I achieved with a DIY less sensor and less parts to deal with..... just sharing ..... TESLA PSYCHEDELIC MOTOR MISSION ACCOMPLISHED YT
    AS FOR THE LEVEL STILL IN THE QUANDRY ?? TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY MY MOTOR WILL NOT STOP 24/7 FOR 3 WEEKS NOW WITHOUT EXTERNAL POWER ?????

cheers
    totoalas
    Last edited by totoalas; 05-01-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by totoalas View Post
    Thanks ZPDM
    my microwave 16 ring magnets from 8 microwave oven and 16 neodyne magnets from hd servers plus the wheel mags weighed in 40 kgs in my latest vids as for the rotation 1210 rpm I achieved with a DIY less sensor and less parts to deal with..... just sharing ..... TESLA PSYCHEDELIC MOTOR MISSION ACCOMPLISHED YT
    AS FOR THE LEVEL STILL IN THE QUANDRY ?? TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY MY MOTOR WILL NOT STOP 24/7 FOR 3 WEEKS NOW WITHOUT EXTERNAL POWER ?????

cheers
    totoalas
    please post some pics with the circuit we can help

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    please post some pics with the circuit we can help

Tom C
    Got the idea from magnetgate motor simple ssg backemf back to source