* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Cap Dump

Quote Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post
    Look Pat you answer my questions or lets let it rest.
    I am willing to answer questions if it is not a one sided conversation.
    I'll take a pic when you answer my questions that I asked you multiple times jumping right over them as if they didn't exist.
    I am not going to wast time playing shop talk.

Thanks anyway Pat.

You want to gain a following with experiments and secret boxes not presenting all the information, setting yourself up as instructor, I can respect that Pat.

Thanks for your video's and I will keep watching in the distance.

You want to see bubbles on a phone cam or else I am unwilling?

Common Pat you can't hide from us, we know how you are.

Talk to me Pat, answer my question about coils.

Like I said if you do not want to answer my questions on grounds that may be incriminating before the group, it's okay we understand.

Mean while I am a little less evasive and will tell you I am not playing any games.

Like I said thanks for the great work in all your experiments and let's just leave it at that.

Best Regards, Michael Rowland Central Kansas
    (Telephone Number 1-620-348-2082) this is my phone if you are real.

Where is all this hostility coming from?
    I'm only trying to help you Mike - Mike, you choose to avoid the basic questions?
    Maybe you don't really need the help?
    Sounds like you are doing fine on your quest.

Ok, I'll say it - a picture is worth a thousand words Mike.
    It can only help, let's work with what you have rather than ponder future experiments.

If you do not want to participate feel free to stay off my thread.
    - Cheers Mike

stop treating me like you can answer what you want and manipulate the entire process of communication
    "The pot calling the kettle black" Mike
    Attachment 1867

Please keep it nice kids, or I'll send you to your room with no supper

John K.

Apologize to BroMikey and all if I came across at all ornery in the last post I sometimes can get carried away, I wish everyone happy and productive experimenting. Patrick, I'm glad you liked the idea, I'm enthusiastic about it as well. It may end up just doing a surface charge sort of thing, but it is pretty simple. I am going to do a bit more with looking at magnets and rotors and hall effect sensors, then see about capturing the radiant with this set-up, then try the small cap approach.

I just found this inspirational and very interesting:

Click THIS for the full article.

"They don't know what they can't do; they haven't been told it's not possible," he says. "That really opens up a lot of creative thinking that somehow tends to go away with time."
    Jim Cockrell - project's manager NASA Ames Research Center in California

This is where the rubber hits the road - let's go!

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I've been experimenting with your cap pulser here and also contemplating.... Is this method, using an SS SSG basically for the trigger of the pulser, really simpler than using the comparator circuit? I've tried both and a couple variations of the comparator. I tried using mosfets in the circuit like JB had originally, and I also replaced the opticoupler, BD234 transistor, and both mosfets with one SSR. The SSR is isolated internally so I didn't see the need for another opticoupler and transistor. Anyways, this setup seems to work fine as well.

The only advantage I can think of of your setup over the comparator is that the comparator isn't as adjustable for different sized charge batteries. It does have a POT, but I can't go too high with charge voltage without having to change our a zener diode. Since I mostly charge 12 Volts, it is moot but just looking for your opinion.

Thanks!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Catrinisin View Post
    Hi Patrick,

I've been experimenting with your cap pulser here and also contemplating.... Is this method, using an SS SSG basically for the trigger of the pulser, really simpler than using the comparator circuit? I've tried both and a couple variations of the comparator. I tried using mosfets in the circuit like JB had originally, and I also replaced the opticoupler, BD234 transistor, and both mosfets with one SSR. The SSR is isolated internally so I didn't see the need for another opticoupler and transistor. Anyways, this setup seems to work fine as well.

The only advantage I can think of of your setup over the comparator is that the comparator isn't as adjustable for different sized charge batteries. It does have a POT, but I can't go too high with charge voltage without having to change our a zener diode. Since I mostly charge 12 Volts, it is moot but just looking for your opinion.

Thanks!
    Chris
    Hi Chris,
    I should preface this by saying John Bedini would be the best person to shed light on his comparator. Without him being here I can only speculate on what I have read him say and what I know from my experiments. In addition for anyone who has not read the opening of this thread. I started by saying that Iím on the HUNT for the ultimate cap dump and my hope was greater minds would lend their expertise here.

So far thatís you Chris! :-) You are on the cutting edge and have every right to post in this advanced thread.

I donít think my comparator has any advantage over JBís - never said that. Had he not used this SSR on his 13í Ferris Wheel, I would never have headed down this path.

One thing to note is the power draw on mine is microwatts and good for small setups, however will still work with larger energizers. I hope this helps. Feel free to post more, would love to see your comparator in actionÖ
    -KR
    Patrick

Patrick you have thoroughly confused me and I mean that in the best possible sense. I have a number of questions but I will try and set most up as yes/no to save you time.

Are you running the "Leedskalnin shorting" thing at the same time as collecting the inductive/radiant with an SSG type circuit? Are the two affecting each other much?

My understanding of the inductive spike is it is the result of the rapid change in magnetic flux near the coiled wire caused by the abrupt shutoff of the electromagnet. I may be getting excited over nothing here as I am not really sure what you are doing, but are you saying you can also just go back and scoop up nearly all the energy you put into establishing the electromagnet and do this separate from grabbing the inductive spike? What is the timing circuit for this, or, is the timing circuit difficult?

Alright bear with me for a few more, I don't have a formal background here, but these do get back to the theme of the thread. Are you using the breakdown voltage between C and E or something else for the transistor cap dump? Does it ruin the transistor to run it this way?

Alright, I'm still playing a game of how fast can I make a CD spin off a nine volt batter with a hall effect sensor set up. Next up is trying to bring the other pole of the electromagnet to bear. What I can say so far is that I think there is tremendous inefficiency here in that depending on the coil and magnet set-up you can often get as good results with an air core. At some point, though not real soon, I want to go back again and look at the permanent magnet approaches and try and make better use of the electromagnet, sort of a hybrid magnetic gate/pulse type approach. For now I'm just doing it more conventionally and looking at magnet spacing and strength, then try a bit bigger rotor and look at angular velocity. One last area I've gotten off into which may lead nowhere but I am curious, is quantifying how much power you get from an iron core generator coil versus an air core. It will be a good bit less, but you will have no, or next to no drag. Pulse motors seem to handle increases in weight pretty well, i.e they just take much longer to spin up, so you might even think of a second attached rotor say six inches higher having more magnets whizzing past air cores. Won't work if we are talking about a couple orders of magnitude less with air cores but like I said I'm curious.

Lastly, there may be even yet another way to get electricity out of these spinning magnets. I mentioned this once a while back, but you might be able to do something with it and possibly do something with it sooner than me. Depending on how far your magnets extend in towards the center of the rotor, and their spacing, and rotor speed, you just might get some Faraday Disk action going on. If so, I imagine people on this forum would have plenty of uses for a low voltage/high current electricity source.

Apologize if I read too much into your last video, will try and look at your earlier videos to get up to speed, oh and any further references on this Leedskalnin shorting thing would of course be greatly appreciated.

Paul
    Last edited by ZPDM; 04-30-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZPDM View Post
    Patrick you have thoroughly confused me and I mean that in the best possible sense. I have a number of questions but I will try and set most up as yes/no to save you time.

Are you running the "Leedskalnin shorting" thing at the same time as collecting the inductive/radiant with an SSG type circuit? Are the two affecting each other much?

My understanding of the inductive spike is it is the result of the rapid change in magnetic flux near the coiled wire caused by the abrupt shutoff of the electromagnet. I may be getting excited over nothing here as I am not really sure what you are doing, but are you saying you can also just go back and scoop up nearly all the energy you put into establishing the electromagnet and do this separate from grabbing the inductive spike? What is the timing circuit for this, or, is the timing circuit difficult?

Alright bear with me for a few more, I don't have a formal background here, but these do get back to the theme of the thread. Are you using the breakdown voltage between C and E or something else for the transistor cap dump? Does it ruin the transistor to run it this way?

Alright, I'm still playing a game of how fast can I make a CD spin off a nine volt batter with a hall effect sensor set up. Next up is trying to bring the other pole of the electromagnet to bear. What I can say so far is that I think there is tremendous inefficiency here in that depending on the coil and magnet set-up you can often get as good results with an air core. At some point, though not real soon, I want to go back again and look at the permanent magnet approaches and try and make better use of the electromagnet, sort of a hybrid magnetic gate/pulse type approach. For now I'm just doing it more conventionally and looking at magnet spacing and strength, then try a bit bigger rotor and look at angular velocity. One last area I've gotten off into which may lead nowhere but I am curious, is quantifying how much power you get from an iron core generator coil versus an air core. It will be a good bit less, but you will have no, or next to no drag. Pulse motors seem to handle increases in weight pretty well, i.e they just take much longer to spin up, so you might even think of a second attached rotor say six inches higher having more magnets whizzing past air cores. Won't work if we are talking about a couple orders of magnitude less with air cores but like I said I'm curious.

Lastly, there may be even yet another way to get electricity out of these spinning magnets. I mentioned this once a while back, but you might be able to do something with it and possibly do something with it sooner than me. Depending on how far your magnets extend in towards the center of the rotor, and their spacing, and rotor speed, you just might get some Faraday Disk action going on. If so, I imagine people on this forum would have plenty of uses for a low voltage/high current electricity source.

Apologize if I read too much into your last video, will try and look at your earlier videos to get up to speed, oh and any further references on this Leedskalnin shorting thing would of course be greatly appreciated.

Paul
    Hi Paul,
    them's alot of words let me give it a go...

I'm pretty sure I've never seen or heard of anyone "shorting" Ed's coils the way I'm doing it here. Here is another vid series on timing etc...

there are a few more around that time, you should be able to get a handle on it w/ these.
    The beauty of using Ed's PMH is the lower RPM low lenz vs high output.

I'm interested in how you would get a Faraday Disk to produce low voltage/high current electricity? is there significant lenz in your method?

I never posted in the videos, but for you..., if you also use the right size cap in place of the primary battery, this will boost the output of Bolt's amplified coil short.
    -KR
    Patrick

Cool

Hi Totoalas
    I am looking for your youtube but didn't find it yet.
    I guess you will show a project.
    I will keep looking til I hear back or find it.
    Mike
    Sorry for the late reply
    20 Watts Solar Bedini Tesla Motor 240413
    yt
    cheers

totoalas