8 Transistor Experimental Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Transistor Experimental Board

]Just wanted to get some opinions about this board I've developed to be able to experiment with different size batteries. I'm currently running a 26" wheel with double stacked magnets on the build that I did from the new handbook.

The board I've developed is for my older wheel (wooden, with double stacked magnets) would allow me to charge multiple batteries at the same time, either 8 (1 transistor per battery), 4 (2 transistors per battery), 2 (4 transistors per battery), or 1 with all 8 transistors. I have yet to attach my battery charge wires to the couplers, but just wanted to show the board to see what you all may think.

You can disconnect a battery with out triggering the neons when there is more than one battery connected to the outputs.

Thanks,

Tim
    Attached Files

Hi Tim,

Maybe it is just the pictures but it looks to me like you have all the base legs of the transistors connected to the same copper surface of the PC board as the emitter legs. Have you actually run this board yet? With the base legs tied to the emitters the transistors will not turn on. Is this just an optical illusion of the pictures?

Respectfully,
    Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by citfta View Post
      Hi Tim,

Maybe it is just the pictures but it looks to me like you have all the base legs of the transistors connected to the same copper surface of the PC board as the emitter legs. Have you actually run this board yet? With the base legs tied to the emitters the transistors will not turn on. Is this just an optical illusion of the pictures?

Respectfully,
      Carroll
      Hi Carroll,

I know it looks that way but what I did was punch out some copper PC board and made little insulating pads and super glued them onto the base board. The bases are insulated from the main circuit plane and I have ran the SSG and it works great.

This is just a spare SSG that I wanted to experiment with while doing the load tests from my other build, thanks for trying to look out for me though.

Tim

Comment

Working...
      X