Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
    hi everyone,

finally decided to post a bit about something I have been working on for a while. in order to keep my mind focused on the goal, which for me is independant living, I focus my research a lot on reduction in energy usage, and building with re usable and renewable resources. After many moons of research I have decided on type of structure Latest News: | Cob Cottage Company

these houses can be heated easily using a technology called Rocket Mass Heaters rocketstoves - www.ErnieAndErica.info simple to build and use it is a hybrid of a masonry stove and a true rocket stove used for cooking.

electricity will be solar and Bedini SG, interior lighting will be oscillator circuit leds running off of the battery bank. cooking is true wood stove. a composting toilet and greywater recycling for the garden. anywhere I can I will be recycling materials from places like this Hippo Hardware nice place for salvage and reclaimed windows.

what about refrigeration ? a DC ammonia cycle fridge, water pressure is DC deepwell pump How to Drill Your Own Water Well to a water tower. a small hydro genny attached to the downpipe of the tower to reclaim a bit of the energy back to the battery bank.

batteries: The IronEdison.com Store

food production: The Urban Homestead® - A City Farm, Sustainable Living & Resource Center, A Path to Freedom towards Self-Sufficiency

nubian goats for milk, cheese and protein
    chickens and ducks eggs and protein
    http://www.fourseasonfarm.com/vegetable production is using elliott colemans book 4 season harvest. non heated greenhouses produce food year around.

composting and organics all the way around!!

anyone please fell free to add to this thread your lourney and where you are. I will be doing this as a test project on my back yard eventually, building on a small scale to see where it goes.

Tom C
    Hi Tom,
    Replying to thread. I built a house many years using a "Cinva Ram" for. This was a press designed to be portable and use local clay or similar materials for developing and underdeveloped economies.. Where I built was granite country so the sub soil was very sandy. However it produced an excellent brick. From memory the brick measured 12inches by 6inches by 4 inches. If the mix was too we had to put an extension pipe onto the units handle. Might be worth looking into.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=c...w=1907&bih=925

Regards

Dwane

Comment

must be the new trend. I also am currently working on a cabin I just purchased. I am planning on running everything on solar and wind and completely off grid with rainwater collection and the like. I also came accross something I thought was brilliant call the waterseer it is a small wind powered device that uses a vawt to spin a fan inside the device causing it to cool and condense water into and underground tank they say in the right conditions you can get 11 gallons a day with no power needed. The water is also pure and needs no filtering. On top of that i think they are under $150 and you just dig a hole put it in and pump the water out. I planned on making a thread sometime down the line as i'll be taking pictures of everything i try. One project is going to be a weight system that slides down the hill making power and a workout machine geared to pull it up so when i exercise i am storing all my used energy into the weight....why waste it on lifting dumbbells!
      Last edited by Bradley Malone; 01-13-2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
        I found it fascinating they are running at the same voltage as the original cells.

Tom C
        So am I understanding correctly that each battery is one cell. They then designed them to be paralleled/seriesed to make any voltage or capacity?

Very interesting Tom
        good luck with your adventure.
        Last edited by Bradley Malone; 01-30-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X