No announcement yet.

Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it works. You can switch it using a quad pole, double throw switch (break before make is very important), or wire it manually one way, and then the other. The output is not AC (so forget about the caps), obviously but you will end up with fairly close to 12 v DC. My expiments with that showed the recieving batteries went to 15-16 volts in very short order, at which point they're not accepting any more charge, and you're wasting energy. And I didn't really feel like sitting there flipping a switch every few seconds, plus I think a normal switch would probably wear out fairly quickly due to arcing.

All I did was get 4 batteries and a bunch of alligator clip wires, and put a lightbulb as the load, no rectifier (light bulb don't care which way the current flows), and wired it up manually, stuck a current meter in between different points, measured potential. Knock yourself out.

Comment

Aram, Can you take a picture of your TS setup? Maybe you could put a video on Youtube? How about a description of components and schematic? I would like to learn from your progress and mistakes.
      Thanks
      Tony
      I believe in the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Comment

Use for the Tesla Switch

Starts getting interesting about page 100. I do intend to put up a vid, when I have some of my basic problems fixed. But learning from me would be like the blind leading the blind. Besides, I don't like talking about my mistakes. . . lol

And in reply to your follow up message below, yes I have a copy, but thanks for linking it.
        Last edited by Aram; 09-21-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Have you seen this pdf?
          http://www.scene.org/~esa/merlib/Mueller.pdf

Comment

Tesla Switch test runs - YouTube

Somebody was asking for diagrams on youtube. I'm not going to post that on youtube, even though the video is hidden.

BUT a google search of the right words will result in you finding this: http://www.overunityresearch.com/ind....0;attach=6143

Which I'm using the third design with the optos.

Oh, and not exactly following the diagram, using the same arrangement with a diode and cap to trigger shown on the scalar charge John K linked, and I'm using an Arduino, not a stack2e or whatever.
            Last edited by Aram; 09-25-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Aram, are you still working on this? Why does Matt have us taking apart a transformer? Do you have part 2 of his pdf on this?
              Thanks
              Tony

Comment

Hi Aram,

I've spent maybe a total of an hour looking at the Tesla Switch since I first heard of it some time back. I am at a bit of a disadvantage having little electronics experience and less formal education. Didn't feel I was at a level to attempt a reproduction of this project at least a this point. Still I'll throw in my two cents on what I guess is conceptually going on from a Bedini/Bearden framework. You may already agree with all this, don't know. Both Bedini and Bearden speak of the overriding importance of the potential versus the current. Bearden notes explicity you can regauge the potential without any cost. Yes, the switching apparently allows for a brief period of time when pure potential can do work before the secondary effect of current flow works to cancels the dipole. However if there was no potential difference in various parts of circuit this would not allow for useful work. Bedini mentions in the Tesla Switch write up that Robert Darrah linked, "did you ever try and charge two capacitors (*in parralel*) then discharge them in series into a battery" or something to that effect. So it is the higher potential (the regauging of potential) by discharging in series that allows for slightly more "negative energy" to flow in during the brief time that the dipole is preserved. I sort of think of the potential as a pressure, it can be made very high (at no cost) and for the brief time before current corrects/changes the situation negative energy will flow in proportional to the amount of potential. Tesla in one of his early patents also says this that what is important is the voltage and the pulse rate. Also one would need an abrupt switch as with a spark gap or some such to allow the neccessary disequilibrium or asymmetry to occur before current destroys the dipole. So the two things that determine the amount of negative energy from each pulse are the potential and the abruptness of the switch, while the switching rate determines the amount of power per time. Finally, if we are going to consider energy as a wave, then there could be resonance and/or complicated interference effects which might be expected to come into play at certain frequencies.

All that said, and again I have no actual experience in this project, I would wonder whether adding a third battery in the series part (i.e. four total batteries three in discharing in series) would further improve performance). Don't know how complicated this would be from a switching standpoint, but you would now have a greater potential difference from the series part of the circuit. Alternatively I would have to wonder what three very small farad 1KV capacitors might do. Anyways sounds like you are making great progress on this interesting project and hope to hear about further progress when you find a bit of free time!
                Last edited by ZPDM; 01-06-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Hi guys,
                  The reason that not many experimenters get the Tesla Switch going is from a mistaken understanding regarding its operation. First you might like to track down a patent by Carlos Benitez. Its on one of the other "Energy" forums. The switching is very similar to that of the basic TS model that Bedini worked from. The key to understanding this patent and subsequent trials of the TS is the "Pulse" circuit used by Benitez to feed back to his batteries. The other observation you might like to consider is what happens to batteries when current is drawn from them - ultimately they run down. The TS does work and it is essentially a swapping exercise, but not of current drawing batteries, but, energy potential sources!

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Dwane Dibley View Post
                    Hi guys,
                    The reason that not many experimenters get the Tesla Switch going is from a mistaken understanding regarding its operation. First you might like to track down a patent by Carlos Benitez. Its on one of the other "Energy" forums. The switching is very similar to that of the basic TS model that Bedini worked from. The key to understanding this patent and subsequent trials of the TS is the "Pulse" circuit used by Benitez to feed back to his batteries. The other observation you might like to consider is what happens to batteries when current is drawn from them - ultimately they run down. The TS does work and it is essentially a swapping exercise, but not of current drawing batteries, but, energy potential sources!

Enjoy
                    Hi Dwane,

Are you able to post a link to the Benitez patent? I've been looking for it for a couple of years with no success.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                      Hi Dwane,

Are you able to post a link to the Benitez patent? I've been looking for it for a couple of years with no success.

John K.
                      Hi there John K.
                      I thought it might have been on the "Energeticenergy" forum archive. However, you need to go to Espacenet and search for Benitez, here are the details:-

GB Patent number: GB12156(A)
                      Publication date : 1918-12-24
                      Invertor: Benitez Carlos

Classification:- International: H02J7/02
                      European: H02J7/02B

Application number:- GB 19180006131 19180410

When you get to the Espacenet search engine you will understand the reason for all the details above!

Hope this helps, regards

Dwane

Comment

Originally posted by Dwane Dibley View Post
                        Hi there John K.
                        I thought it might have been on the "Energeticenergy" forum archive. However, you need to go to Espacenet and search for Benitez, here are the details:-

GB Patent number: GB12156(A)
                        Publication date : 1918-12-24
                        Invertor: Benitez Carlos

Classification:- International: H02J7/02
                        European: H02J7/02B

Application number:- GB 19180006131 19180410

When you get to the Espacenet search engine you will understand the reason for all the details above!

Hope this helps, regards

Dwane
                        Hi Dwane,

Much appreciated!

John K.

Comment

Here it is: Espacenet - Bibliographic data

Comment

Originally posted by fathershand View Post

man been lookin for that myself, thanks!!

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

In reply to fathershand from 01-05-2013, 09:57 PM

I haven't had time to play recently, plus it's bloody cold in my garage.

The purpose for taking apart the transformer is to adjust the output voltage to a useable level. I've actually done a couple of them with varying levels of success. You can use a stock transformer, just be aware that the voltage output of a 120 V - 12 v transformer will be fairly high. I've found that putting a load on it tends to drop it really fast, probably because not saturating the magnetic field properly (if that's even the correct way to say it), so kinda like a very weak battery, if you load it, the effective voltage drops like a rock. Just don't blow up your lightbulb or whatever when you first connect it.

I don't have part 2 of the PDF. The link to the Benitez patents is the direction he was going though. In my opinion it's all about the transformer, and the multiplicitive effect it has, especially if you are not actually USING the power you pass through it but simply TRANSFERRING it from one place to another. And then on top of that if you can get the flyback spike and time things to utilize that as well, then you're really going to see something interesting. My guess is that the last part is probably the most difficult because it will depend on a huge number of factors, so any timing would be unique to your setup, probably to the temperature, and the phase of the moon too.

I setup a 1 battery 2 capacitor setup and ran it a bit, but found the voltage potential seen by the transformer was only about 2 V, and the capacitors which theoretically should have each dropped to about 6-7 volts when put in parallel, only dropped to maybe 10-11 volts, unless i increased the switching time a lot, and then it cooked my transistors, AND the output at the transformer actually dropped.

The next thing I want to try is putting at least two, maybe even three batteries in series as the "one" battery in this setup. You lose 1.4 volts in switching (.7 when you charge the caps, and .7 when you discharge), and a little in resistance, so increasing the primary voltage drops the percentage of loss in relation. The caps I have will handle up to 50 volts I think, so they won't care if they get charged up to 24 or 36 volts. And the transistors are rated for like 600 V, so they won't care either. I have a good feeling about this idea. And I probably shouldn't be telling you guys this. . cuz I won't be able to test this for a while lol, but what the heck. If anybody gets it working, let me know please.

It's very frusterating, I believe this venue has a lot of potential, and from even the fairly short time I've been playing around with it, I think great things are possible. BUT I just don't have the time, if I spend an hour in the garage experimenting, the kid tears the house apart, and I spend another hour cleaning up the mess. Will be better in warmer weather when I can lock him outside. . . lol
                              Last edited by Aram; 01-24-2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

fathershand,
                                I believe in the Way, the Truth, and the Life also.
                                I have no other life.
                                bro d

Comment

Working...
                                X