Coil core material - Will this work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil core material - Will this work

Trying to find some welding material for the coil cores for the SG device. This is available locally will this work ?

Innershield® NR®-211-MP

.035 0.9 1 lb Spool (10 lb Master) ED027641

( it is magnetic )

Thanks!
    Last edited by baloniman; 03-11-2013, 10:05 AM.

That material seems to be very fine. I experimented with a welding material like you referenced and a few other items as well when I built the smaller SG devices. I regretted it. The core is such a critical element of the device. I used RG-45 which is 3/32 (0.094) inches on my current project.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I opted to order the r45 from ebay after. I've read a few posts in the beginner forums stressing the importance of the exact materials to be used.

Comment

My final build was very close to the original JB SG.
        Going into the project I had a lot of ideas that I thought would be better. For example: I didnt like the bike wheel, so worked on a few other designs , using a variety of materials. None of which worked quite as well as a bike wheel. As I continued to build the SG device, I began to realize that many of the other aspects of the original design had a purpose and that the classic SG was basically the result of years of experience.

Now that its finished ,I feel that it really does look Iconic.
        Last edited by rmarquette; 03-19-2013, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Hey man I seen your SG in another thread very nice work btw looks almost like JB's!

Comment

Working...
          X