No announcement yet.

Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know wvat is wrong. Maybe it is the fact that I am on the other continent, so they dont bother.
    They WA t lenghts. I give them lenghts, with pictures. Not good enougv. They WA t inches. They get inches. Not good enougv. Now they WA t a buimd sheet with lenghts and speckfications of ends. They ha e amready grotten this info 3 times by now, and they still wohnt deliver.
    Soo.

Comment

• they want a what kind of sheet? end specifications I understand - they want to get it right the first time, or it's a loss for both the company and the customer.
      Might I suggest you blueprint the factory wires and send that to them, complete with part numbers on the ends, and measurements in both metric and imperial? that way there should be little doubt in anyones minds about what's required.

Comment

• My experience in ignition cable is given below:
        Bought heavy gauge high quality copper cable, added 10 layers of best quality heat shrink tubing available for insulation resistance and added a bifilar style winding of 22 gauge magnet wire with open ends grounded for RFI proofing (look up ground strapping)

Nothing can beat the performance, quality, durability and value for money with diy ignition cable made this way.

I know this is overkill, but I know for a fact that my cables won't ever trouble me.

Comment

• Originally posted by firozmusthafa View Post
          My experience in ignition cable is given below:
          Bought heavy gauge high quality copper cable, added 10 layers of best quality heat shrink tubing available for insulation resistance and added a bifilar style winding of 22 gauge magnet wire with open ends grounded for RFI proofing (look up ground strapping)

Nothing can beat the performance, quality, durability and value for money with diy ignition cable made this way.

I know this is overkill, but I know for a fact that my cables won't ever trouble me.
          I'd like to see these - got photos you can post?

Comment

• Couldn't upload because I am using mobile
            Here you go...
            https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?...d=502085419400

This is motorcycle ignition coil modified to work with high frequency ferrite inverter (450 volts)

Comment

• you're putting 450VDC into your ignition coil's primary in pulses? what frequency? that's supplanting the MSD box Aaron recommends...I like it!

the photobox link doesn't work for me: I don't have permission to see the photo or some similar message

Comment

• Here you go
                I believe this link should work for everyone.
                https://photos.app.goo.gl/9BhRMDaEnEAZjqAE6
                Inverter is a unit which I bought from Aliexpress which works at 37khz, very cheap and very good quality for the price.

Very powerful for my application. I upgraded its cheap mosfet to irf3205 and encapsulated it inside an aluminum box for heat sinking. Without aluminum box, it would heat up to the point where the mosfets would fall off from soldered points. With aluminium box it doesn't heat up at all.
                DC-AC Converter 12V to 110V 200V 220V 280V 150W Inverter Boost Board Transformer
                https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/mMLuwPEY

I used stock cdi unit to supply the cdi pulses. Plasma circuit which I used is s1r tero circuit with 1uf low ESR AC fan capacitor shared below:
                https://photos.app.goo.gl/W6neEyBxegDHXDoN6

For limiting the surge current from inverter, I used 2.5mm wire wound ferrite torroid.
                Overall I have no complaints on this unit and pretty happy with it. However I am limited with spark plugs that can handle more than 1.5uf blasts.

With 12.5uf capacitor, it can burn pretty much anything it is given. However iridium electrode vaporized within seconds though. That's how powerful it is

Some shots on how powerful the blasts are with 1.25uf, 2.5uf and 12.5uf:
                https://youtu.be/0novXFFZ6QA
                https://youtu.be/1hN60OoYSN8
                https://youtu.be/OPXU-2P_WlM

Right now I am using 1uf@450 volts, so far this setup gives best of both worlds(spark plug durability and performance)

Below is Aarons circuit with feedback loop(without inverter) running on stock cdi power alone, this has a weird problem, when spark plug gets coated with white oxide layer, output diminishes to a great extent. With external inverter, its kind of like EDM machine, unbeatable output.
                https://youtu.be/1qPzY7gm5uU

Comment

• I have been intrigued by plasma ignition, howver, i have not seen any data what it can do; such as fuel savings, increased power output, emissions reduction, etc. Sorry for my ignorance about this, what's the purpose of yur experiments?

Comment

• Plasma theoretically allows for a more complete oxidization of the air-fuel charge in the combustion chamber. the benefits would be allowing someone to fine tune fuel consumption, and the side effect/result would be lowered emissions/costs of operation/equipment longevity
                    from what I recall, nuvisys' technology mixes air and fuel more evenly/completely prior to combustion. this causes automated fuel delivery systems to theoretically trim back to a predetermined "stoichiometric" ratio. a strong and more precisely timed ignition event (such as from plasma) allows for most efficient operation of an engine. I think it's a good investment, if you're the type of person who buys a vehicle and uses it over the long term, to add these types of enhancements, as the costs are likely quickly offset by fuel savings, and your emissions are likely well below standards, possibly even below measurable limits.

Comment

• Originally posted by nuvisys View Post
                      I have been intrigued by plasma ignition, howver, i have not seen any data what it can do; such as fuel savings, increased power output, emissions reduction, etc. Sorry for my ignorance about this, what's the purpose of yur experiments?
                      Get the package at www.ignitionsecrets.com - it has a lot of documentation included besides the book & video.

Simply, it dissociates hydrogen from moisture in the air and from the hydrocarbon fuel - that atomic hydrogen is then instantly detonated and that hydrogen detonation helps to burn more of the air fuel mixture.
                      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• The reason why I continue on using plasma is because of the benefits it offers, it improves load handling ability of engine much more than stock.

In my case, it allowed to overgear (similar to adding 2 additional gears) the engine to extract maximum fuel economy without any appreciable loss of peppiness. So my new first gear is like 3rd gear on stock, this is on my 150cc motorcycle weighing 158kgs.

What's more attractive is it allows engine oil to run a lot cleaner (it ran 3x times longer before needing an oil change, YMMV)
                        Which means I only have to change oil 3 months vs every month. Engine oil cost, labour and time is saved here.
                        Not only is it so much better in terms of improving the combustion efficiency, it makes your vehicle pass even the latest emission norms life a piece of cake with proper tuning. Again, these are the benefits as tested on motorcycle engines.
                        Plasma works so much better with higher compression engines (yes, I did try increasing compression ratio of engine from 9:1 all the way to 14:1 by welding and shaving cylinder head. And reduced the carburetor nozzle size from 1.15mm (for 150cc engine) to 1.08 mm (which is the size of 110cc engine) and that too without sacrificing my bottom and mid range grunts.

I can guarantee all these things can never be done without plasma.

I have tried various turbulence mods like, mesh screen, somender singh grooves, gadget man groove and power lynz in intake manifold and ports, nothing has been able to bring the lean burn limit as much as plasma safely.

Without plasma on such high compression, It would ping, overheat and even burn valve if I run that lean.
                        I have experience doing this while I turned off plasma just to know the difference

It won't fix detonation caused by carbon deposits though. This you have to keep in mind (learned it the hard way )

Comment

• Originally posted by heysoundude View Post
                          Plasma theoretically allows for a more complete oxidization of the air-fuel charge in the combustion chamber. the benefits would be allowing someone to fine tune fuel consumption, and the side effect/result would be lowered emissions/costs of operation/equipment longevity
                          Still too complicated for me. Pls give me data on what you achieved with YOUR car. My vehicle is a toyota 2002 revo gasoline. What will be the benefits if i start diy'ing 'plasma ignition' on it?

Comment

• firozmusthafa, the good thing about what you are doing is you enjoy your work, that's a good thing. As for me, I am basically an electronics enthusiast. Difficult to grasp auto-mechanics. Like having two left foot, if you know what i mean. Wrong hole!

Comment

• Hi Nuvisys,

Originally posted by nuvisys View Post
                              firozmusthafa, the good thing about what you are doing is you enjoy your work, that's a good thing. As for me, I am basically an electronics enthusiast. Difficult to grasp auto-mechanics. Like having two left foot, if you know what i mean. Wrong hole!
                              How does this equate with the following quotes?

heysoundude, de-carboning engines/exhaust systems seems like a good observation, however, imo, the reason the emission is greatly reduced is, negative air molecules and positive fuel molecules are drawn in the mixing chamber, which are mixed to the highest level resulting in almost total combustion. Disabling the devices will result in heavy smoke after a few seconds.

There had been several theories on how the device's greatly affect emissions. (three or four theories up-to-date)
                              Plasma theoretically allows for a more complete oxidization of the air-fuel charge in the combustion chamber. the benefits would be allowing someone to fine tune fuel consumption, and the side effect/result would be lowered emissions/costs of operation/equipment longevity
                              from what I recall, nuvisys' technology mixes air and fuel more evenly/completely prior to combustion. this causes automated fuel delivery systems to theoretically trim back to a predetermined "stoichiometric" ratio. a strong and more precisely timed ignition event (such as from plasma) allows for most efficient operation of an engine. I think it's a good investment, if you're the type of person who buys a vehicle and uses it over the long term, to add these types of enhancements, as the costs are likely quickly offset by fuel savings, and your emissions are likely well below standards, possibly even below measurable limits.
                              So I'm to believe that you invented, tested, and sell the Nuvitron devices for diesel engines without understanding auto-mechanics?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
                                Hi Nuvisys,

How does this equate with the following quotes?

So I'm to believe that you invented, tested, and sell the Nuvitron devices for diesel engines without understanding auto-mechanics?
                                The devices are for diesel and gasoline engines.

You are right, sir. Sometimes, I am puzzled why this happened. All my knowledge about automotive mechanics is what i learned from forums and YT (google, too).

It all started when I came home from nearly 15 years of work in KSA (hf/vhf communications). I came home with a magnetic fuel saver (eco-flow) from UK. I bought a 2nd hand fb300 and installed it. Nothing happened. After travelling more than 150km-200km, the engine noise suddenly became reduced (1/3-1/2). That started it all. No effect on emissions; reduced engine noise and nearly 10% savings (max). One device was invented in 2002, w/ more than 20% savings, the other device in 2004, reduced emissions. In 2008, found out that the two devices were complementing each other (unity of invention). Savings increased to more than 30%.

On other forums, got a thousand bad comments (BS, horse poo, horse s***, snake oil) They called me a scammer, a fraud, a nut, a mental case, etc. We got the device tested by our environmental management bureau.

Two or three forums even banned me. Now, our govt is using it for dirty diesel vehicles after testing it. Maybe, Rudolf had guided me all along, after the EU/Germany/France announced that they will phaseout his invention. Most likely, maybe? I mean, the guidance.
                                Last edited by nuvisys; 08-25-2019, 07:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X