No announcement yet.

Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This kind of capacitor works just fine for peaking caps.
    This one is 25kv at whatever capacitance.

If the capacitance is too high, you will be limited to it working only at low rpm or not at all. Keep in mind for peaking caps, all you have is the normal hv spark to charge it up before it discharges across the gap so it has to be low capacitance.
    Attached Files
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Aaron I couldn’t find any of the caps you mentioned but I found some 30kv 101 ceramic capacitors on eBay I there only 100pf, think they’ll work?

Comment

• Originally posted by RB176 View Post
        Aaron I couldn’t find any of the caps you mentioned but I found some 30kv 101 ceramic capacitors on eBay I there only 100pf, think they’ll work?
        I was just showing an example of the type of capacitor. You'll have to determine the value experimentally on the bench to see what works well. Peter and I did this years ago and I do not recall the capacitor values. If they're affordable to you, I'd get a range of them for comparison.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Hello Mr. Murakami,

I'm new to this forum, and just purchased your ignition secrets package last weekend. This is some great information. I have a few questions, and admittedly, I did not read all 73 pages in this thread before commmenting, but I doubt there is any information regarding my topic.

Ok, on with the setup. I'm working with a single cylinder Briggs, 10-12 horse block, that develops 19hp on gasoline. We are converting it to Methonol and expect to see somewhere in the 22hp range on the engine dyno.

I also have a 'device' I call the EnergyXciter. It is a device that when wrapped around electrical wires (AC or DC), and fuel lines (liquid or gas), it generates a Scalar, Longitudinal electricity wave/pulse. As electricity is consumed, the Xciter generates electricity, for use in the device calling for electricity, therefore using less electricity from the power company. It also (when wrapped around a fuel line, transforms the moisture in the fuel into Hydroxyl, and then burns the water by breaking the hydrogen/oxygen bond. The result is at least a 10% gain in fuel milage/power increase, as well as a drastic reduction in both Hydrocarbon emissions as well as NOX. This works on all fuels as all fuels have a moisture content.

Ok, on with my setup. Once we get to the dyno with the test engine, we plan to optimize the performance with just Methonol as a baseline. Once that has been achieved, I'm going to:

1. Install the EnergyXciter on both the fuel line, as well as the DC electric charging system, and the spark plug boot, and make a pull with that setup.

2. Then I want to install your plasma ignition and give that a try. However, the link for the Diode that you reference is showing unavailable, with no known replenish date. I've checked Ebay and found the same ones, and the prices are very reasonable, but they have a 1 month shipping date, as they are coming directly from Hong Kong. And unless I want to pay over $500.00 to have them expidite shipped that is the only way I seem to be able to get them.

Can I just use a rectifying diode out of a old microwave, in place of your recommendation... Or better yet, do you have a second option for a diode to purchase that can be had within the next couple of days, because this test is supposed to happen within the next week or two, and I have to be ready.

3. Once the ignition is working, I plan on adding hydroxyl directly to the methanol to increase the moisture content of the fuel and see what kind of power gains I'm going to see on the dyno. I hope to eventually get to nearly pure water/hydroxyl.

My questions are:

1. What can I expect in Exhaust gas temperatures when trying the various setups, and are the values of the EGT's consistent with conventional fuels, of somewhere in the 1150 degree range exhaust causes piston damage?

2. Am I going to want to initially richen the fuel mixture or lean it out? Is there a differnece between performance and economy when tuning with burning your plasma ignition?

3. Is there going to be some pitting at the top of the piston from the increased spark potential when using a plasma ignition?

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, and feel free to give some suggestions on things to do or observe when I go to the dyno for this testing day.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by theplummer View Post
            We are converting it to Methonol and expect to see somewhere in the 22hp range on the engine dyno.

I also have a 'device' I call the EnergyXciter.

1. Install the EnergyXciter on both the fuel line, as well as the DC electric charging system, and the spark plug boot, and make a pull with that setup.

2. Then I want to install your plasma ignition and give that a try.

Can I just use a rectifying diode out of a old microwave, in place of your recommendation... Or better yet, do you have a second option for a diode to purchase that can be had within the next couple of days, because this test is supposed to happen within the next week or two, and I have to be ready.

3. Once the ignition is working, I plan on adding hydroxyl directly to the methanol to increase the moisture content of the fuel and see what kind of power gains I'm going to see on the dyno. I hope to eventually get to nearly pure water/hydroxyl.

My questions are:

1. What can I expect in Exhaust gas temperatures when trying the various setups, and are the values of the EGT's consistent with conventional fuels, of somewhere in the 1150 degree range exhaust causes piston damage?

2. Am I going to want to initially richen the fuel mixture or lean it out? Is there a differnece between performance and economy when tuning with burning your plasma ignition?

3. Is there going to be some pitting at the top of the piston from the increased spark potential when using a plasma ignition?

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, and feel free to give some suggestions on things to do or observe when I go to the dyno for this testing day.

Thanks in advance.
            Thanks for supporting my work - I don't know about methanol, but just an interesting fact - this kind of plasma ignition has shown to cold start E80 in sub freezing temperatures so that says a lot about its potential for alcohol fuel applications - just fyi.

The EnergyXciter look like it is probably a permanent magnet. It is not? For fuel, I can buy that it may have benefits for efficiency. http://magnetizerproducts.com is one of my businesses and I have all documentation from Temple Univesity, the federal govt, etc. that magnetism does indeed polarize fuel even though the molecules individually are not dipolar, together, they are polarizable.

For the electrical current benefits, I'd need to see some tests to give it any credit - their website is lacking anything useful in this respect.

For the diode, Prhvp2a-20, are very plentiful. If not on Amazon, get them on ebay. If you want them for like $2 each, expect to wait 6 weeks from Hong Kong or if you want them now, they'll be around $6-7 each from a US source who gets them from Hong Kong but keeps a stateside stash. I just bought more at that price for a project that I desperately needed them. In the left column at ebay, select a US seller and you'll find them avail in any quantity for $6-7 or so. You'll get them in 3-4 days almost anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Don't use the microwave oven diodes. The voltage will work but the current rating is too low - they can work for a bit but will fail. Just get the Prhvp2a-20 diodes and they'll be pretty bulletproof.

Keep in mind to experiment with the spark plug gap - bigger the gap, the more delayed the timing and bigger the plasma. So use only non-resistor plugs.

I haven't done any critical exhaust temp readings myself. Last summer/fall I bought a 1977 Datsun 620 pickup to experiment with. It has a port on the exhaust manifold for an air port plugged up. I have an EGT to hookup and will try to couple it to that port. I've been waiting for the weather to get better so I can go work on it. That will be the first time I have done any serious exhaust temp readings. You won't have problems from the plasma itself, but you may if you get too lean for the plasma/hho. For me, has yet to be determined. I can tell you that Gmeast in Energetic Forum way back used the plasma, water vapor and leaned his carb and the engine temp dropped by about 100F.

Leaning out has an economy benefit with the plasma and enriching the mixture has a performance benefit. If you can simply lean out with the plasma and/or hho and do not get a EGT rise, then you've proved the point.

I can't comment on how much or how little any damage to metal in an engine would happen as a result of using the plasma ignition. I have not torn down an engine after many hours of tests to compare the difference. But I will say that the caps in readily available msd or cdi off the shelf units are fairly small. 85-130 milijoules and the plasma effect from that size of cap at 300-400 volts does not have a very large plasma. You can go bigger, but I'd start with the small plasma. You can always go up in size by adding capacitance in parallel from another dedicated cap charger - preferably one that is infinitely variable so you can add just the right amount for your purposes. Simply, I think the caps in normal cdi/msd are too small to do any damage and that is what I use myself.
            Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
              Thanks for supporting my work - I don't know about methanol, but just an interesting fact - this kind of plasma ignition has shown to cold start E80 in sub freezing temperatures so that says a lot about its potential for alcohol fuel applications - just fyi.

The EnergyXciter look like it is probably a permanent magnet. It is not? For fuel, I can buy that it may have benefits for efficiency. http://magnetizerproducts.com is one of my businesses and I have all documentation from Temple Univesity, the federal govt, etc. that magnetism does indeed polarize fuel even though the molecules individually are not dipolar, together, they are polarizable.

For the electrical current benefits, I'd need to see some tests to give it any credit - their website is lacking anything useful in this respect.

For the diode, Prhvp2a-20, are very plentiful. If not on Amazon, get them on ebay. If you want them for like $2 each, expect to wait 6 weeks from Hong Kong or if you want them now, they'll be around $6-7 each from a US source who gets them from Hong Kong but keeps a stateside stash. I just bought more at that price for a project that I desperately needed them. In the left column at ebay, select a US seller and you'll find them avail in any quantity for $6-7 or so. You'll get them in 3-4 days almost anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Don't use the microwave oven diodes. The voltage will work but the current rating is too low - they can work for a bit but will fail. Just get the Prhvp2a-20 diodes and they'll be pretty bulletproof.

Keep in mind to experiment with the spark plug gap - bigger the gap, the more delayed the timing and bigger the plasma. So use only non-resistor plugs.

I haven't done any critical exhaust temp readings myself. Last summer/fall I bought a 1977 Datsun 620 pickup to experiment with. It has a port on the exhaust manifold for an air port plugged up. I have an EGT to hookup and will try to couple it to that port. I've been waiting for the weather to get better so I can go work on it. That will be the first time I have done any serious exhaust temp readings. You won't have problems from the plasma itself, but you may if you get too lean for the plasma/hho. For me, has yet to be determined. I can tell you that Gmeast in Energetic Forum way back used the plasma, water vapor and leaned his carb and the engine temp dropped by about 100F.

Leaning out has an economy benefit with the plasma and enriching the mixture has a performance benefit. If you can simply lean out with the plasma and/or hho and do not get a EGT rise, then you've proved the point.

I can't comment on how much or how little any damage to metal in an engine would happen as a result of using the plasma ignition. I have not torn down an engine after many hours of tests to compare the difference. But I will say that the caps in readily available msd or cdi off the shelf units are fairly small. 85-130 milijoules and the plasma effect from that size of cap at 300-400 volts does not have a very large plasma. You can go bigger, but I'd start with the small plasma. You can always go up in size by adding capacitance in parallel from another dedicated cap charger - preferably one that is infinitely variable so you can add just the right amount for your purposes. Simply, I think the caps in normal cdi/msd are too small to do any damage and that is what I use myself.
              Thanks for a quick response Mr. Murakami,

The EnergyXciter is not a permanent magnet. In fact, it's merely a nylon plastic device with a secret formula impregnated in it. There is no radiation, and nothing magnetic, nor no magnetic properties exist in the product. That's all I'll say about it, at this point, as it is a trade secret at this point.

As far as needing to see some tests to give credit, that's fine. Everyone I sell it to disbelieves the product in some fashion, until I actually show them that it works. We've done extensive testing ourselves, but attempts to get testing laboratories that are Energy Star rated companies refuse to continue to communicate with me about testing, once I explain what the product does. As well as WVU, refuses to continue to communicate with me, regarding them performing their CAFEE testing on VW/Audi TDI diesel engines, to show that emissions are drastically reduced, to near zero levels. The only emissions detectable are as a result of the moisture content (humidity) in ambient air. We haven't figured out how to treat the moisture in ambient air charge into an engine... YET! The resultant emissions from combustion engines are CO2, water, and ammonia, with tiny bits of NOX and HC's.

I've also been in contact with Gerald Pollack at Washington University. He exclaimed that our product is exciting, but is unwilling to do any product testing as he doesn't want to 'go down that road' and resort to such type of testing for profit.

Agreed, the EnergyXciter's website is lacking, actually it's non existent. And at this point in sales, till we can secure some independent testing facilities that are willing to communicate and actually test, we are going to keep it that way. We've been turned away by Caterpillar, whom is currently in desperate need of solving their emissions issues, and are claiming to be spending $2 billion dollars in their emissions R&D. I've got their problem solved right now, but they are unwilling to even look at our product.

As far as the diode and clicking on US sellers, thanks for that info, I hadn't thought of that. I had clicked on every single offering on Ebay and all of them showed a month shipping time. The cost of just a few at even $10 a piece wouldn't be an issue at this point, I just need them really quickly... My lack of planning is going to cost me a bit.

As far as the rest of your comment, thanks. You've given me a lot to be aware of and test. I'll keep you posted.

One more suggestion, AC Delco makes a reasonably priced top engine camera that can be placed inside the spark plug hole to view the top of a piston for pitting, which would most likely be any early visible damage to the piston top, that's what happens when a lean condition is left unattended (trust me I know, with my 297HP at the prop, Johnson 3.0L Looper boat motor, LOL... don't run lean too long... Lean is mean, but it's also dangerous).

Regarding the increasing of water into the Methonol, I was just advised by a physicist friend of mine, whom I've been sharing lots of information and data with, to be very careful about possible explosions when using the EnergyXcited fuel and the plasma ignition, as we aren't making HHO (brown's gas), we are actually making Hydroxyl, or put it another way, Hydronium Hydroxide, or Structured Water, or Exclusionary Zone water. Take your pick on what to call it, seems like so many names depending on whom is doing the research... There is even a Japanese chemist whom calls the water Sosie water. As that's his last name. He manufactures his water off site, then pumps it into a fuel tank and mixes it with diesel at a rate of 35% and gets 120% power output over diesel alone, and he's seeing the same drastic reductions in emissions also.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on my results once we have some data to share.

Comment

• Further update: I managed to find a company in New York that have the diode in stock. I should be receiving it by Friday. I love it when a plan comes together.

Comment

• Originally posted by theplummer View Post
                  And at this point in sales, till we can secure some independent testing facilities that are willing to communicate and actually test, we are going to keep it that way.

One more suggestion, AC Delco makes a reasonably priced top engine camera that can be placed inside the spark plug hole to view the top of a piston for pitting, which would most likely be any early visible damage to the piston top, that's what happens when a lean condition is left unattended (trust me I know, with my 297HP at the prop, Johnson 3.0L Looper boat motor, LOL... don't run lean too long... Lean is mean, but it's also dangerous).

Regarding the increasing of water into the Methonol, I was just advised by a physicist friend of mine, whom I've been sharing lots of information and data with, to be very careful about possible explosions when using the EnergyXcited fuel and the plasma ignition, as we aren't making HHO (brown's gas), we are actually making Hydroxyl, or put it another way, Hydronium Hydroxide, or Structured Water, or Exclusionary Zone water. Take your pick on what to call it, seems like so many names depending on whom is doing the research... There is even a Japanese chemist whom calls the water Sosie water. As that's his last name. He manufactures his water off site, then pumps it into a fuel tank and mixes it with diesel at a rate of 35% and gets 120% power output over diesel alone, and he's seeing the same drastic reductions in emissions also.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on my results once we have some data to share.
                  When you have the test data, please let me know.

Thanks for the tip on the camera.

One useful tool for tuning is Colortune - a transparent spark plug you can get from the UK - you can see the color of combustion while the engine is running. I'd use it with plasma very sparsely because I don't think it will hold up too long. I have one and will try it this spring.

There is a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding about lean conditions - it's all half truths. The full truth is that a lean mixture cannot be properly ignited with a a common hv spark. However, that is where either hho or the plasma shines. The plasma ignition instantly dissociates hydrogen from the hydrocarbons but also from water, it then ignites that hydrogen and the hydrogen detonates with a high temp and fast speed and that ignited hydrogen is what thoroughly ignites the rest of the lean mixture. That is why you CAN run an engine indefinitely on a lean mixture with plasma. HHO is the same thing - too many people don't realize that HHO is not a fuel source, it is nothing but an igniter. The HHO can easily be detonated with a normal hv spark, then it does the same thing, high temp and fast speed flash that thoroughly ignites the rest of a lean mixture. Smokey Yunick and Robert Krupa idled a V8 engine with a 100:1 air:fuel ratio with a plasma jet ignition - no practical power but that proves the point.

In that sense, the HHO or the hydrogen freed up from the plasma impulse is nothing more than an incendiary device that ignites the rest of the lean mixture effectively. There is also a synergy with using both of them. If you're simply using EZ water, then you will get extra benefit with HHO and Plasma together.

Do you have a link to the Sosie water?

It is easy to go to 50% water/diesel mix but it requires a certain additive. It goes go way higher, but the stability isn't that long - 50% can hold a very long time. The plasma also has benefits for diesel. The plasma is so strong it can run a gasoline engine with diesel fuel - that shows how much energy is released. If I had the time or inclination, I'd modify a diesel gen set with a spark plug port to have the plasma work in synchrony with the compression.
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Oops, I spelled Sosei wrong... Here's a link.

Comment

• I can verify that the Hydrogen ignites fuels much faster, when we install the EnergyXciter on a Diesel the idle roughness almost completely disappears. That's because the hydrogen disassociating causes the relatively slow burning diesel to burn much more quickly, to the point that most of the fuel is completed before the piston starts it's upward exhaust stroke, and the engine is no longer fighting against the still expanding combustion to push out the exhaust. The result is a smoother engine with much less idle shake and a lower idle RPM.

Now that doesn't make sense, that a computer controlled engine would lower it's idle RPM, as you'd think the idle would be monitered by the computer. But it does. Most engines will idle between 550 and 650 RPM, with the EnergyXciter alone installed, with no hesitation, or stumbling. Once in a while we will see one idle a little lower than 550 and it will stumble a bit, but that is always during the time that the computer is going through it's relearn cycle. Once it's done with that, and the computer now understands the changed dynamics of the fuel it then runs fine, within the 550-650 range. Even high performance cars with lumpy camshafts will drop a couple of hundred RPM's on their own, with no carb idle adjustments, and idle and pick up just fine.

Comment

• Here is my Plasma: http://www.vwsyncro.eu/p/blog-page_34.html
                        (Scroll down please).

Mr. Murakami, thank you.
                        The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
                          Here is my Plasma: http://www.vwsyncro.eu/p/blog-page_34.html
                          (Scroll down please).

Mr. Murakami, thank you.
                          Very good! It's so fast your camera has trouble seeing it. That is quite a spark plug compilation you have on your site.
                          Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                            Very good! It's so fast your camera has trouble seeing it. That is quite a spark plug compilation you have on your site.
                            Thank you very much.

Unexpected: even the AM radio band has no extra noise when the plasma is energized, although no EMI/RFI suppression measures have been taken. Is there any explanation for that?
                            Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 03-28-2018, 12:26 AM.
                            The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
                              Thank you very much.

Unexpected: even the AM radio band has no extra noise when the plasma is energized, although no EMI/RFI suppression measures have been taken. Is there any explanation for that?
                              Hey,
                              FCC CLASS B PART 15 COMPLIANT!!
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.
                              'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                                Hey,
                                FCC CLASS B PART 15 COMPLIANT!!
                                Rgds,
                                Faraday88.
                                As I can see here: https://www.cableorganizer.com/image.../FCC-rules.pdf, this rule is for the "unintentional radiators", so this may be a good explanation why my radiator complies, unintentionally, to the norm.

The Syncro Heresy

Comment

Working...
                                X