Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
    Now I know: 6A-7A current are, in fact, used by the primary, (although, at the secondary, the amperage is at mA):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pbV...ew?usp=sharing

LINK: http://dtec.net.au/Ignition%20Coil%2...alibration.htm

Now does any one know what can happen, (to the ECU), connecting two ignition coils in, (primary & secondary), parallel, feeding them by the same triggering module, which is designed just for one coil?

In the above, excellent, linked, article it is mentioned: " Primary voltage usually lies in the 300- 400V range and is electronically ‘clamped’ in most systems to prevent the switching device being damaged".

So it seems that, usually, there is an overloading protection.

But there are so many other aspects, f.ex.,

#1 using two coils, are they operating cooler, important factor to their sensitive resistance vs temperature?

#2 is their rising coefficient improved by halving(?) their operational stress?

At least, this is claimed by the next article excerpt about the Jag's system:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cw0...ew?usp=sharing

#3 is it better the auxiliary/main configuration or, if they are matched, at least, it is better to discharge through separate, parallel, paths?
    Indeed, Voltage and current are inversely proportional.
    That second link, explaining dwell, is wonderful. Thank you!
    It seems that a capacitor in parallel to (across) the ignition primary is an excellent idea in any application; sizing it correctly is the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
      enjoy smelling Ozone a littel of this gas is mood rejuvenating i must say
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.

Tesla is smiling.

T.v. antenna unlike
      any other https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y9M...ew?usp=sharing
      floating valves not giving feedback https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ogq...ew?usp=sharing
      to each other.

No missing signals
      from the air
      no blurred signals
      on the air.

Tesla is smiling. (From there).

Bips and bums
      and burning lights
      smokes and thunders
      and delights,

currents, voltages
      through air,
      sparks and arcs
      but no despair.

Yesterday a burning light
      flawlessly hovering at night
      a message carrying to the site:

"Tesla is smiling" (From height).

The Syncro Heresy
      Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 07-07-2018, 12:06 AM.
      The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Originally posted by heysoundude View Post
        Indeed, Voltage and current are inversely proportional.
        That second link, explaining dwell, is wonderful. Thank you!
        It seems that a capacitor in parallel to (across) the ignition primary is an excellent idea in any application; sizing it correctly is the issue.
        In my case a capacitor in parallel is forbidden by the manufacturer, ("do not connect capacitor of any kind to the primary"), but there is no prediction about a second, parallel, coil.
        The Syncro Heresy

Comment

Tesla is smiling.

T.v. antenna unlike
          any other https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y9M...ew?usp=sharing
          floating valves not giving feedback https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ogq...ew?usp=sharing
          to each other.

No missing signals
          from the air
          no blurred signals
          on the air.

Bips and bums
          and burning lights
          smokes and thunders
          and delights,

currents, voltages
          through air,
          sparks and arcs
          but no despair.

Yesterday a burning light
          flawlessly hovering in night
          a message carrying to the site:

"Tesla is smiling" (From height).

The Syncro Heresy
          A bit clairvoyant as well! Ozone smell and clairvoyance bear synchronicity!
          compare Electrolytic Ozone (produced at high-Current density) and that produced by High-Voltage Silent Electric Discharge(corona-discharge)
          @ Aaron your expert comments please...
          Best Regards,
          Faraday88.
          Last edited by Faraday88; 07-06-2018, 11:33 PM.
          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

In my case a capacitor in parallel is forbidden by the manufacturer, ("do not connect capacitor of any kind to the primary"), but there is no prediction about a second, parallel, coil.
            Yes, Both Parallel and Series Capacitor or both simultaneously (like i said in a Natural Lightning Discharge) can infuse Unpredictable power surges that can undoubtedly damage your scale of design in the coil/Switching etc..! question is.. how do you it at will ???
            when you use kittering coil application its Parallel capacitor with Parallel Resonance (connected continuously across the primary), while in CDI/Plasma it is Switched Capacitor with Series Resonance. The Manufacturers of coils say that for this reason..i feel.
            Its my sincere urge to all to experiment with Parallel and Series Resonant High-Voltage Coil see what you end up with..! Look how the nature does it even with out a 'coil' understand it. what the hell in a Lightning Discharge is playing the role of a Coil??? Triboelectricity(Frictional Electrostatics) is just not it!! ponder on these lines and you may end up with the holy grail of Tesla's Secret to Free Energy!!
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.
            Last edited by Faraday88; 07-06-2018, 11:36 PM.
            'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Another point: retarding the timing, as it is supposed with plasma, there is a sharp increase in consumption, according to the trip computer measurements. It has to be as close as possible to the pinging point for the less possible consumption.
              The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• From my documents collection:

Here is the reduction in the voltage can be done by a resistor, (R stamp), sparkplug:

11313 volts, (with a 4960 Ω, conventional, resistor), vs 23.31(=nothing) volts!
                Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 07-07-2018, 06:39 AM.
                The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• It seems that, finally, I found a way to post BIG images...
                  The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Connecting my MSD?

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                    When you hook up the MSD/CDI, you are already getting a stronger spark at each plug - from coil, thru distributor directly to each plug.

After the MSD/CDI is hooked up, then you add diodes. 4 of them.

If you're coil isn't suitable for capacitive discharge, I'd recommend this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...SIN=B002Q363XM

After getting the cdi/msd hooked up, post your results and then we can diagram the diodes to the top of the plugs. That will be super easy.
                    Hello Aaron,
                    Since I only have the stock 96 Tacoma distributor, do you have an idea of how to connect my MSD unit to the magnetic pickup? Would I disconnect all the original wires coming from the magnetic pickup inside the distributor and connect the MSD to it as if it were an MSD distributor? Will that work? Does it get any signal from the computer that I will be interrupting?

Thanks,
                    Ron

Comment

• Originally posted by rokan View Post
                      Hi Aaron,
                      I now have my Street Fire unit and am ready to do the final hookup!
                      If you can fill me in on the rest of the hookup pointers I will greatly appreciate it!
                      Happy 4th of july!

Thanks,
                      Ron
                      Have you hooked up the unit to your car and ran it with just the basic MSD ignition?
                      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Originally posted by rokan View Post
                        I'm curious Aaron what kind of magnets were you using, how were they configured on the fuel line, what strength were they and what kind of additive did you use? Because I have tried all of those things and never got any gains that were worth speaking of?? I was also using an EFIE circuit, do you remember your circuit voltage settings for the offset the EFIE was putting in the computer?
                        Thanks,
                        Ron
                        I don't recall the efie settings - I think I built it with an LED driver ship based on plans from George Wiseman.

Fuel additive was RPX Gas Kicker: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...SIN=B0002JN6H8 I used to be a distributor years ago. It decarbonizes the engine, reduces temp, almost completely eliminates nox on diesels, etc. many benefits proven in many dot tests.

This is the exact magnets I used: http://www.magnetizerproducts.com/products.php#autogas - that is my website. Polarity is opposite between fuel and air, you can see the red blue. I don't recall which is which.
                        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Off subject some but in anyone’s opinion there’s a company by the name Nology that makes spark plug wires the they claim can increase spark output from a capitor in the wire. From my understanding it’s a wire mesh sleeve that goes over the inner wire that causes resistance and ups the spark. They claim in can increase spark by 300%. Could this work, I know it’s a far cry from a plasma ignition but just asking. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by RB176 View Post
                            Off subject some but in anyone’s opinion there’s a company by the name Nology that makes spark plug wires the they claim can increase spark output from a capitor in the wire. From my understanding it’s a wire mesh sleeve that goes over the inner wire that causes resistance and ups the spark. They claim in can increase spark by 300%. Could this work, I know it’s a far cry from a plasma ignition but just asking. Thanks
                            At $299 a set for my 8 cylinder I don't think it can work for me.

At hvstuff.com I can get; 30kV 330pF High Voltage Ceramic Disc Capacitor $0.79 each

But if money is no object then it looks like an easy way to go, maybe.

Likely need to experiment.

Richard Gieser

Comment

• Originally posted by RB176 View Post
                              Off subject some but in anyone’s opinion there’s a company by the name Nology that makes spark plug wires the they claim can increase spark output from a capitor in the wire. From my understanding it’s a wire mesh sleeve that goes over the inner wire that causes resistance and ups the spark. They claim in can increase spark by 300%. Could this work, I know it’s a far cry from a plasma ignition but just asking. Thanks
                              Those are spark plug cables with capacitance built into them. Basically, just an extravagant peaking capacitor. I don't see why they wouldn't work with the plasma.
                              Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard View Post
                                At $299 a set for my 8 cylinder I don't think it can work for me.

At hvstuff.com I can get; 30kV 330pF High Voltage Ceramic Disc Capacitor $0.79 each

But if money is no object then it looks like an easy way to go, maybe.

Likely need to experiment.

Richard Gieser
                                Problem is I tried the ceramic capacitors and they wouldn’t work with for my application, I’m trying to use it on a points breaker ignition system and not something a magneto or cdi box. Click image for larger version

Name:	53BC3628-CEC7-4E79-B926-8F1D54BD038B.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	49922

Comment

Working...
                                X