Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speedy8311 View Post
    Ok....so what your saying is your holding as much energy(Joules/watts) as you can(like water behind a dam-the dam being the diode) until it overpowers the dam(diode) and releases in one shot which is very short but very powerful. And this repeats as fast as the capacitor in the cdi can charge up
    Something like that, but I wouldn't look at it like water behind a dam. The diode is more like a one way valve.

You said you had the books - what about videos? Did you watch my video presentation on the plasma ignition from a couple conferences ago? I show how the plasma operates and why the cap discharges so fast.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Working through them...slowly...lol,I'll have time over the weekend to really look them over well

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
        Something like that, but I wouldn't look at it like water behind a dam. The diode is more like a one way valve.

You said you had the books - what about videos? Did you watch my video presentation on the plasma ignition from a couple conferences ago? I show how the plasma operates and why the cap discharges so fast.
        Hi Aaron,
        Yes the analogy of a Diode to the one way valve is so much coincidental to the unidirectional Pulse nature of TIME itself!!
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• SC-DIY-CDI-article-hires.pdf

Hi All, my first post here...red through every thing from page one and thought to share this diy MS CDI from John Clarke that I found some time ago...never tried it but maybe some one here could and give some feedback as it could be n very cheap and efficient replacement for the expensive MSD CDI's...
          Thanks for all of your input in this simple but high efficient design by Aaron with all the endless possibilities that comes with this design... I myself has tinkered since the early 2000's with HHO stuff and came to the conclusion that a injector system with some high spark was needed and since around 2013 started tinkering on the Meyer plug design...(Aaron, you posted the "secret" to the whole water as fuel thing a few pages back where you defended yourself against the nitrogen mix in the engine)...that led me here... I modified a normal NGK spark plug where I removed and replaced the shell (negative part of the plug) to feed water or vapor through it to pass that through the spark/magnetic field to get the desired effect together with the nitrogen gas in the chamber...well the plug was a resistor plug so back to the drawing board before I can test the plasma on that...
          Like the man himself said he alone can not bring it in and it would have to come from each one him self...

Thanks for now...
          Enige iemand kan enige iets doen...as hy regtig wil.../Any one can do anything...if he realy want to...

Comment

• Originally posted by morné View Post
            [ATTACH]6341[/ATTACH]

Hi All, my first post here...red through every thing from page one and thought to share this diy MS CDI from John Clarke that I found some time ago...never tried it but maybe some one here could and give some feedback as it could be n very cheap and efficient replacement for the expensive MSD CDI's...
            Thanks for all of your input in this simple but high efficient design by Aaron with all the endless possibilities that comes with this design... I myself has tinkered since the early 2000's with HHO stuff and came to the conclusion that a injector system with some high spark was needed and since around 2013 started tinkering on the Meyer plug design...(Aaron, you posted the "secret" to the whole water as fuel thing a few pages back where you defended yourself against the nitrogen mix in the engine)...that led me here... I modified a normal NGK spark plug where I removed and replaced the shell (negative part of the plug) to feed water or vapor through it to pass that through the spark/magnetic field to get the desired effect together with the nitrogen gas in the chamber...well the plug was a resistor plug so back to the drawing board before I can test the plasma on that...
            Like the man himself said he alone can not bring it in and it would have to come from each one him self...

Thanks for now...
            Just to add to what you said.... Stan also said that these system wil have to be rigged up by an individual in one day..(do''nt remember where i read this ..may be in his dealership manual) these are some of his proto-Scientifc protocals which have practical implications..i'm sure..
            Rgds,
            Faraday88

Comment

• Hi Aaron, are u using a normal rectifier diode or a schottsky diode..? I've done some reading on diodes while designing a new shell for my "injector spark plug" and saw there is a lot of different diodes for different use's and features. Schottsky seems to be the best way to go..? Probably won't really matter but was just wondering. I Googled and read Wikipedia's Schottsky diode explanation and saw that the diode brings quite alot to the table in this circuit..!

Thanks...
              Enige iemand kan enige iets doen...as hy regtig wil.../Any one can do anything...if he realy want to...

Comment

Hi Aaron, are u using a normal rectifier diode or a schottsky diode..? I've done some reading on diodes while designing a new shell for my "injector spark plug" and saw there is a lot of different diodes for different use's and features. Schottsky seems to be the best way to go..? Probably won't really matter but was just wondering. I Googled and read Wikipedia's Schottsky diode explanation and saw that the diode brings quite alot to the table in this circuit..!

Thanks...
                Hi, it is a normal high voltage diode.

I've been using these - 1 for each spark plug: PRHVP2A-20

You can find them cheaper on Ebay but have to wait longer.
                Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hi Aaron, are u using a normal rectifier diode or a schottsky diode..? I've done some reading on diodes while designing a new shell for my "injector spark plug" and saw there is a lot of different diodes for different use's and features. Schottsky seems to be the best way to go..? Probably won't really matter but was just wondering. I Googled and read Wikipedia's Schottsky diode explanation and saw that the diode brings quite alot to the table in this circuit..!

Thanks...
                  Hi,
                  Schottky diodes are suitable for low voltage /high-current Applications...
                  these are not available in High-Voltage range due to the fabrication limitation of its characteristics (point contact diode).
                  hope that answers the difference..
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.

Comment

• Thanks Aaron, that link does not ship to SA but I'll have a look on ebay.

Thanks Faraday88, did not notice that info on the link I red..!
                    Any updates on anyones plasma conversions yet.?

Thanks again...!

Comment

Thanks Aaron, that link does not ship to SA but I'll have a look on ebay.

Thanks Faraday88, did not notice that info on the link I red..!
                      Any updates on anyones plasma conversions yet.?

Thanks again...!
                      You are right the link does'nt cater to India as well!
                      Rgds,
                      Faraday88.

Comment

• Earlier in this thread Aaron shared a video comparing Grey tube with his ignition system and in that video he added a inductor to the circuit after the spark plug. He said doing this made the plasma turn green. Has anyone tried adding a inductor onto an actual internal combustion engine to see its effect on combustion? Also second question I have is I am going to be using msd 8224 coils, they are waste spark coils but my engine has 2 plugs per cylinder so I will use one waste spark coil per cylinder firing both plugs on combustion. Will an inductor still have the same effect with 2 spark plugs. I plan to try to use copper spark plug indexing washers attached to a HV wire so that the current can flow between plugs without having to go through the engine.

Third question, could an inductor be used as a electromagnet around the fuel rail to ionize the fuel? Would it be strong enough for that or would it work better to use a step up transformer as the inductor then use that to power an Electromagnet. I was thinking build the inductor around the fuel rail either as a hollow core inductor or around a Ferromagnetic tube that the fuel rail can go through. Either way would also have to figure out how to shield outside of it to avoid any emf from messing with anything else. I don't know alot about ionization but if that could be done could it be done so that the fuel has the opposite polarity of the plasma spark? And would that be beneficial?

Comment

• Originally posted by carlmartin87
                          Why does this site need moderator to approve before posting?

EDIT :
                          This posted so I will paste previous attempted post in this one.

Earlier in this thread Aaron shared a video comparing Grey tube with his ignition system and in that video he added a inductor to the circuit after the spark plug. He said doing this made the plasma turn green. Has anyone tried adding a inductor onto an actual internal combustion engine to see its effect on combustion? Also second question I have is I am going to be using msd 8224 coils, they are waste spark coils but my engine has 2 plugs per cylinder so I will use one waste spark coil per cylinder firing both plugs on combustion. Will an inductor still have the same effect with 2 spark plugs. I plan to try to use copper spark plug indexing washers attached to a HV wire so that the current can flow between plugs without having to go through the engine.

Third question, could an inductor be used as a electromagnet around the fuel rail to ionize the fuel? Would it be strong enough for that or would it work better to use a step up transformer as the inductor then use that to power an Electromagnet. I was thinking build the inductor around the fuel rail either as a hollow core inductor or around a Ferromagnetic tube that the fuel rail can go through. Either way would also have to figure out how to shield outside of it to avoid any emf from messing with anything else. I don't know alot about ionization but if that could be done could it be done so that the fuel has the opposite polarity of the plasma spark? And would that be beneficial?
                          Hi,
                          I can answer to your third part of the question.. the idea of boosting the calofrific value of a given fuel by Electromagnetic Excitation is possible 'Negentrophically'.
                          Indeed, if you rasie the Energy Level of a given fuel from its ground state under Resonant Conditions,the resulting Fuel is in an excited phase and thats possible to any fuel (fossil) and is what Stan Meyer did to further raise the Energy Level of the HHO gas from the liquid state to the Gaseous state and then Plasma state but in Negentrophic mode..(The ionization mechanism involes the Asymmetrical regauging of the dipoles to re-direct the electrons in the powering mode in an associated Resistor element and Energy Mode in the assocaited polarized Fuel bulk) he called this as the Hydrogen fracturing process and the device was named Hydrogen Gas gun. or Electron extraction circuit.)
                          Rgds,
                          Faraday88.

Comment

• Originally posted by carlmartin87 View Post
                            Earlier in this thread Aaron shared a video comparing Grey tube with his ignition system and in that video he added a inductor to the circuit after the spark plug. He said doing this made the plasma turn green. Has anyone tried adding a inductor onto an actual internal combustion engine to see its effect on combustion? Also second question I have is I am going to be using msd 8224 coils, they are waste spark coils but my engine has 2 plugs per cylinder so I will use one waste spark coil per cylinder firing both plugs on combustion. Will an inductor still have the same effect with 2 spark plugs. I plan to try to use copper spark plug indexing washers attached to a HV wire so that the current can flow between plugs without having to go through the engine.

I don't know if there is any benefit to the inductor in series with the spark for ignition purposes. Personally, I would not do that because there is no evidence there is a benefit but there is plenty of evidence that without it increases the thermal efficiency.

Again, with the coil packs, I would not use the inductors.

Yes, both permanent magnets and electromagnets can allow more BTUs from the same fuel as long as the correct relationship between the magnetic field and direction of the fluid flowing through it is used.

Some of my original experiments were to use the magnetic field to help launch the plasma from the plug, but those were crude experiments.

What you're leaning towards with opposite polarity is to charge the fuel with one and charge the air with the opposite. That's the idea some of our products here: http://magnetizerproducts.com/products.php#autogas fuel is one and air is the opposite.
                            Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                              Hi,
                              I can answer to your third part of the question.. the idea of boosting the calofrific value of a given fuel by Electromagnetic Excitation is possible 'Negentrophically'.
                              Indeed, if you rasie the Energy Level of a given fuel from its ground state under Resonant Conditions,the resulting Fuel is in an excited phase and thats possible to any fuel (fossil) and is what Stan Meyer did to further raise the Energy Level of the HHO gas from the liquid state to the Gaseous state and then Plasma state but in Negentrophic mode..(The ionization mechanism involes the Asymmetrical regauging of the dipoles to re-direct the electrons in the powering mode in an associated Resistor element and Energy Mode in the assocaited polarized Fuel bulk) he called this as the Hydrogen fracturing process and the device was named Hydrogen Gas gun. or Electron extraction circuit.)
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.
                              I am not smart enough to fully understand what you are saying what does Negentrophic and dipole mean?

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                              I don't know if there is any benefit to the inductor in series with the spark for ignition purposes. Personally, I would not do that because there is no evidence there is a benefit but there is plenty of evidence that without it increases the thermal efficiency.

Yes, both permanent magnets and electromagnets can allow more BTUs from the same fuel as long as the correct relationship between the magnetic field and direction of the fluid flowing through it is used.

Some of my original experiments were to use the magnetic field to help launch the plasma from the plug, but those were crude experiments.

What you're leaning towards with opposite polarity is to charge the fuel with one and charge the air with the opposite. That's the idea some of our products here: http://magnetizerproducts.com/products.php#autogas fuel is one and air is the opposite.

Would an Electromagnet be more effective than a fixed magnet?
                              I was only thinking of adding the inductor into the circuit to get further use from the Energy being used, like using it to power Electromagnets. But if the difference in the plasma has not been tested on a engine it's probably not a good idea to try it atleast not without small scale testing.

Were your experiments to launch the plasma successful and what would be the benefit of doing that?

How would you ionize the intake air? I have looked up electric air ionizers but didn't fully understand how they worked enough to think of how to incorporate it into the engines intake?

Comment

• Quick reply I can post but click go advanced and needs to be approved by a moderater.

Can't see what you type in quick reply window on my phone. Atleast edit and pasting it in seems to work.

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                                Hi,
                                Rgds,
                                Faraday88.
                                I am not smart enough to fully understand what you are saying what does Negentrophic and dipole mean?

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post

Would an Electromagnet be more effective than a fixed magnet?
                                I was only thinking of adding the inductor into the circuit to get further use from the Energy being used, like using it to power Electromagnets. But if the difference in the plasma has not been tested on a engine it's probably not a good idea to try it atleast not without small scale testing.

Were your experiments to launch the plasma successful and what would be the benefit of doing that?

How would you ionize the intake air? I have looked up electric air ionizers but didn't fully understand how they worked enough to think of how to incorporate it into the engines intake?

Also is two plugs firing plasma at the same time in the same cylinder dangerous to the engine?
                                Last edited by carlmartin87; 12-26-2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X