No announcement yet.

Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There must be problem with the coil driver transistor/module into the ECU, also.

Finally, it seems not an easy task.
    The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• So by putting a capacitor 0.20 μF, (condenser), to the -, (terminal 1), of the coil, and diodes summing 30 KV 6A, in series, between the ECU's switcher and the -(terminal 1), of the coil, in order to protect from capacitors high voltage the ECU, when, at the same time, connecting the +, (terminal 15), of the coil, with diodes summing 30 KV 6A, to the spark plugs center electrode, do you think that there may be any luck?

I mean a capacitor like this one:

Or any other suggestions?
      Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 07-06-2016, 03:51 AM.
      The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Two more tips:

1)The Bosch distributor, (for vw g60 engine), has the small cap which is considered capable of, (about), 28.500 V before inner sparking, so with 30.000 V diodes must be o.k..

2)The ECU's output to the ignition coil is rated 7.5 A, so, not able to find diodes rated more than 6 A, it seems that I have to put two series of diodes in parallel.
        The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Mr. Digifant "does not accept a diplomatic solution", (rejecting all the previously mentioned), and is ready for war!

Click image for larger version

Name:	lol.gif
Views:	1
Size:	515 Bytes
ID:	48938
          Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 07-08-2016, 01:11 PM.
          The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• To summing up and proceed:

1)The engine is a 4 cylinder, vw g60, with electronic ignition and distributor.

2)The, plasma ready, spark plugs are the surface discharge, no resistor, NGK BUE, delivering up to 30% more energy, from the same ignition system, than conventional spark plugs.

3)The spark plug cables are without resistor, noise suppressors and without resistance.

4)There are two suppressors in distributor, (about 2 Ωμ) and 1 Ωμ in the central ignition cable from coil to distributor, in order to cover the minimum the manufacturer demands for the system.

5)No EMI/RFI interference is detected through fm receiver.

6)According to "Popular Mechanics" , (1963), electronic ignition outputs more high voltage,

which is useful for the next step:

for PLASMA, (what I am going to do):

7)With picking inductors, one for each spark cable after distributor,

having an, (RMS), output of 0.5 V, a step up converter, (0.5v DC to 12v DC),

8)

will be used, in order to take a signal to feed an electronic ignition, (per cylinder), "smart kit":

9)

And, lastly,

10) a 450 V and 1μF, (let's say), capacitor, is connected to the output of each unit of electronic ignition, (one/cylinder), and is discharged on the top connector of each spark plug, in parallel to distributors high voltage.

Any comments?
            Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 07-22-2016, 02:29 PM. Reason: pF to μF
            The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
              To summing up and proceed:

1)The engine is a 4 cylinder, vw g60, with electronic ignition and distributor.

2)The, plasma ready, spark plugs are the surface discharge, no resistor, NGK BUE, delivering up to 30% more energy, from the same ignition system, than conventional spark plugs.

3)The spark plug cables are without resistor, noise suppressors and without resistance.

4)There are two suppressors in distributor, (about 2 Ωμ) and 1 Ωμ in the central ignition cable from coil to distributor, in order to cover the minimum the manufacturer demands for the system.

5)No EMI/RFI interference is detected through fm receiver.

6)According to "Popular Mechanics" , (1963), electronic ignition outputs more high voltage,

which is useful for the next step:

for PLASMA, (what I am going to do):

7)With picking inductors, one for each spark cable after distributor,

having an, (RMS), output of 0.5 V, a step up converter, (0.5v DC to 12v DC),

8)

will be used, in order to take a signal to feed an electronic ignition, (per cylinder), "smart kit":

9)

And, lastly,

10) a 450 V and 1pF, (let's say), capacitor, is connected to the output of each unit of electronic ignition, (one/cylinder), and is discharged on the top connector of each spark plug, in parallel to distributors high voltage.

Any comments?
              It sounds like you're trying to make your own thing instead of doing what is explained in the Ignition Secrets book/video package. Have you even purchased that so you know what we're even talking about in this thread?
              Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                It sounds like you're trying to make your own thing instead of doing what is explained in the Ignition Secrets book/video package. Have you even purchased that so you know what we're even talking about in this thread?
                The "Digifant" is an ignition system which does not allow to connect a capacitor to the negative of the primary.

Trying various other configurations nothing works.

No I haven't bought the book.
                The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
                  The "Digifant" is an ignition system which does not allow to connect a capacitor to the negative of the primary.

Trying various other configurations nothing works.

No I haven't bought the book.
                  You have to learn what this is about first. You can study the thread at energeticforum.com called "water sparkplug" most info is in there for free - will take you many hours but you can figure it out. Otherwise, you can get the book/video to save time at http://ignitionsecrets.com
                  Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• I'm not sure if I posted this, but http://www.weaponxperformance.com has non-resistor iridium plugs that might hold up well to the plasma. They have a non-resistor version that needs to be tested.
                    Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Long overdue update from Scorch

Hello all.

I feel obligated to provide another update just to let you all know where I currently stand in my laboratory of various projects in various stages of progress as I am drawn to these various paths of life...

I have not done anything with the current plasma ignition system on my bench since the last update.
                      I do know there are many things I can try with this system but I also find myself being drawn back to some earlier interests in purely magnetic or electrical motors and motor generators.

I know this is off topic for this thread but I strongly desire to obtain or build small bench top demonstration units that CLEARLY demonstrates something new and different from the classical physics paradigm such a rotary motor that operates on magnets alone or a self charging motor generator along the lines of a Kromrey converter that has once again been demonstrated in the new "beyond the advanced handbook" materials from Aaron, Peter and of course; John. See: http://bedinisg.com

And other sources of materials I have recently discovered including these VERY interesting videos-
                      http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/7757113/
                      http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/7774731/
                      http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/7762648/

So suffice it say that, for now; I am "setting aside" this very interesting plasma ignition experiment that I do believe has potential to produce substantial energy to meet home energy needs and I still intend to pursue this in the future but right now I am favoring smaller, more portable, simpler experiments that I can easily carry into parties, meetings and conventions to demonstrate these things to "non-believers" in my efforts to spread this information among my own 'peers'.

I am currently in the process of attempting to replicate the Kromrey converter that John built back in 84 and will be sharing my work on another thread here called "Kromrey Disclosure - Bedini SG - Beyond the Advanced Handbook by Peter Lindemann". (Tried including the link but it keeps failing as if this form has a bug related to links to its own server.)

So please forgive me and my twisting and winding path of life that often takes me in many different directions of interests including my recent interest in flameworking glass as I am a being of MANY interests that does in fact including alternative fuels and plasma ignition systems.

Kindest regards;

}:>
                      Last edited by Scorch; 08-27-2016, 02:09 PM. Reason: Minor corrections.

Comment

• Thanks Scorch, here's my own update...

Just got this 1977 Datsun 620 pickup. Has about 100 miles on a rebuilt engine - L20B 4 cylinder with a Weber carb.

So far only put in non-resistor plugs and a Pertronix Flame Thrower coil with 0.3 ohms on the primary.

I'm waiting for my Granatelli non-resistor cables - plasma discharge will bypass the cables and go to the top of the plugs but I want every bit of spark I'm paying for.

Just got a MSD factory refurbished unit that I'll put on soon - still have to put on a new emergency brake cable system first before I do much else.

Been wanting an old engine like this to experiment on because I'm tired of the electronics - can't get any simpler than this.

Will be adding an HHO cell and other goodies as time permits. Will post whatever results when I have them good or bad.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Aaron Murakami; 08-28-2016, 09:58 PM.
                        Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Hey Aaron.

Yay! An old school drive train where you can actually see the engine under the hood.

And I am reminded of the world's fastest electric, street legal car which is also a Datsun.

This is a great acquisition with manual transmission and a perfect test bed for these experiments.

And after you get it running on water; you can always convert to electric to get rid of all that mechanical complication and run it on source field energy.

Kindest regards;

}:>

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                          Thanks Scorch, here's my own update...

Just got this 1977 Datsun 620 pickup. Has about 100 miles on a rebuilt engine - L20B 4 cylinder with a Weber carb. . .

. . . Been wanting an old engine like this to experiment on because I'm tired of the electronics - can't get any simpler than this.

Will be adding an HHO cell and other goodies as time permits. Will post whatever results when I have them good or bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                            Thanks Scorch, here's my own update...

Just got this 1977 Datsun 620 pickup. Has about 100 miles on a rebuilt engine - L20B 4 cylinder with a Weber carb.

So far only put in non-resistor plugs and a Pertronix Flame Thrower coil with 0.3 ohms on the primary.

I'm waiting for my Granatelli non-resistor cables - plasma discharge will bypass the cables and go to the top of the plugs but I want every bit of spark I'm paying for.

Just got a MSD factory refurbished unit that I'll put on soon - still have to put on a new emergency brake cable system first before I do much else.

Been wanting an old engine like this to experiment on because I'm tired of the electronics - can't get any simpler than this.

Hello Aaron,

I followed your work now for a couple of days here from Holland VERRY nice work!!!
                            Here in Holland the MSD 5520 Street Fire is around 220 euros. What do you think about the Velleman DIY K2543 kit, ITS 15 euro And then in combination with your 20kv Diode?

Here is a link: http://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?id=8946
                            Here somebody with the same car as you and with the Velleman K2543 kit
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ1TAlR7eqk

I have and oldtimer JEEP WAGONEER 1979 with a V8 AMC 360 5.9L. I want to make the car with a better milage. For now i have installed a self made FUEL HEATER, and a FUEL VAPORIZER. But the biggest bang is the ignition i tink. I also installed a Water injection of Aquatune http://www.aquatune.com/, but i am not jet impressed.
                            I have also made a VORTEX GROOVE, just after the trottle valve, and thats very nice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-2xnWUeDTA

Hope to here from ya!
                            Cheers!
                            Last edited by Co-Creator; 09-20-2016, 03:57 AM.
                            Nosce te Ipsum

My Setup:
                            Jeep Wagoneer V8 5.9L (360) 1979
                            Standard Motorcraft 2150 2bbl carb
                            Main jets size #55 stock
                            Eagle Research Carb Enhancer
                            Water and HHO injection with Aquatune HB plus
                            MSD CDI 5520 street fire
                            NGK spark plugs BP7ES(non-resistor) with sidegapping and 1.5mm gap
                            Flametrower III canister ignition coil
                            8x 20KV 2A PRHVP2A-20 High Voltage Rectifier Diode
                            Granatelli Zero resistor spark plug wires

Comment

• Originally posted by Co-Creator View Post
                              Hello Aaron,

I followed your work now for a couple of days here from Holland VERRY nice work!!!
                              Here in Holland the MSD 5520 Street Fire is around 220 euros. What do you think about the Velleman DIY K2543 kit, ITS 15 euro And then in combination with your 20kv Diode?

Here is a link: http://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?id=8946
                              Here somebody with the same car as you and with the Velleman K2543 kit
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ1TAlR7eqk

I have and oldtimer JEEP WAGONEER 1979 with a V8 AMC 360 5.9L. I want to make the car with a better milage. For now i have installed a self made FUEL HEATER, and a FUEL VAPORIZER. But the biggest bang is the ignition i tink. I also installed a Water injection of Aquatune http://www.aquatune.com/, but i am not jet impressed.
                              I have also made a VORTEX GROOVE, just after the trottle valve, and thats very nice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-2xnWUeDTA

Hope to here from ya!
                              Cheers!
                              Hi, that looks like a good little kit, but I don't believe that is actually a capacitive discharge ignition module. You need a capacitor that discharges to the primary of the ignition coil each time a plugs needs to get fired. Does that module actually do that?

For vapor, look into the "white vapor" method. You can find references on youtube and google.

I just got my 0 resistance Granatelli wires for my Datsun so will be putting them on and adding the MSD 5520 asap.
                              Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Hello Aaron,

I think the K2543 module is for points only.
                                The Granatelli wires are very expensive. In this aircraft document on page 6 they use regular RG400 Coax wire http://www.lightspeedengineering.com...l_20130317.pdf The RG400 wire is used much in aircraft ignition wires. In the document they also use CDI plasma ignition.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	11-09202.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	49002

The have complete Plasma CDI unites http://lightspeedengineering.com/

For the vapor part indeed the best are from Bill Kendrick
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_95v-Ap5esI

and Bill

https://www.youtube.com/user/charliechopchopman/videos
                                Last edited by Co-Creator; 09-25-2016, 04:15 AM.
                                Nosce te Ipsum

My Setup:
                                Jeep Wagoneer V8 5.9L (360) 1979
                                Standard Motorcraft 2150 2bbl carb
                                Main jets size #55 stock
                                Eagle Research Carb Enhancer
                                Water and HHO injection with Aquatune HB plus
                                MSD CDI 5520 street fire
                                NGK spark plugs BP7ES(non-resistor) with sidegapping and 1.5mm gap
                                Flametrower III canister ignition coil
                                8x 20KV 2A PRHVP2A-20 High Voltage Rectifier Diode
                                Granatelli Zero resistor spark plug wires

Comment

Working...
                                X