Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThankyouBedini View Post
    Here is a video to demonstrate that by pulsing the positive post on the 12 volt battery the bang gets way louder.

How it would work with a 24 volt battery I will find out later...
    Since this method gives the best bang, I strongly feel that somebody should try it in an engine to explode some water vapor....
    Are you able to scope that battery? From it's resting voltage, should see a spike from the HV going backwards through the diodes then when they turn off, should see a dip on the batt showing it is indeed discharging over the gap. If so, that is really good.

Also, it is possible that it is not necessarily the battery discharging over the gap, but is acting as a spring/water hammer in a way to compress the discharge from the HV source more before it is deflected and goes to the ground.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• update of my own status

Hello all.

Just dropping in to provide an update of my own status because I was very motivated and working very hard to build a nice experimental unit months ago but then other priorities basically brought that project to a standstill this summer even though it only needs a few more connections and finishing touches before I will be ready to actually try starting the engine.

I did complete restorations of the old travel trailer and did manage to sell that.
      Did perform seriously needed maintenance and repairs on step van #2.
      Did take delivery of the turbo-diesel motorcycle only to discover that it needs NUMEROUS repairs before I can even remove that from my list of current projects.
      See: www.furaffinity.net/view/17257700/
      And I just took delivery of an old front end loader so I may complete some badly needed earth moving around here but this machine ALSO needs a lot of work before I can start using it.
      See: www.furaffinity.net/view/17284239/
      At which point I SHOULD be able to begin the project of converting step van #1 to a manual transmission which is another major outdoor project.

These are all priorities I want to complete this summer while the weather is good and while also handling everything else including my regular contract work and also helping to operate a major convention next weekend here in Colorado.

So please bear with me and I do hope to get back to work on this plasma ignition experiment this fall or winter.

Kindest regards;

}:>

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNSAXbZfnbE#t=14

This is a very good plasma video. Enjoy!

Comment

• I have almost started my generator. Then I learned that the reed switch, that I used for the timing is not a good one....
          I would be very happy if somebody could help me with a link to a good reed switch or another type of switch that could do the job.
          Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThankyouBedini View Post
            I have almost started my generator. Then I learned that the reed switch, that I used for the timing is not a good one....
            I would be very happy if somebody could help me with a link to a good reed switch or another type of switch that could do the job.
            Thanks a lot.
            You might have seen my email already, but just thought that reed relay's might be stronger - you only need the reed part of it. You can probably find the ratings.
            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20150825_160214[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	985.6 KB
ID:	47092
              Greetings Aaron, I am using a MSD ignition tester Model 8998 (in place of 555k timer), an Accel Super Stack coil, a Crane Cams Hi 6 Fireball CDI powered by a 12v car battery. I can get plug to fire without diode but as soon as diode hits HV of coil can hear CDI box triggering but spark stops. Using HV microwave diode but have also tried a string of 3A100. Tried new coil and new MSD CDI with the same results. Any ideas?
              Last edited by HitechLLC; 08-25-2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HitechLLC View Post

Greetings Aaron, I am using a MSD ignition tester Model 8998 (in place of 555k timer), an Accel Super Stack coil, a Crane Cams Hi 6 Fireball CDI powered by a 12v car battery. I can get plug to fire without diode but as soon as diode hits HV of coil can hear CDI box triggering but spark stops. Using HV microwave diode but have also tried a string of 3A100. Tried new coil and new MSD CDI with the same results. Any ideas?
                Thanks for sharing your work here.

Do you know for sure that the HV output is positive? If it is negative, you have to reverse the diode's directionin.
                Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Plasma Ignition for Wasted Spark Systems is a presentation I gave at the recent 2015 Energy Science & Technology Conference.

Last year, my presentation was on Ignition Secrets, which explored the theory, science and application of the Plasma Ignition technology itself. This kind of ignition system can "BURN WATER ON CONTACT" and use the hydrogen to ignite the fuel more effectively! I've even used this same circuit concept to run an electromagnetic motor with high speed Impulses that is a mirror image of the famous Gray Tube motor but on smaller scale.

Get it now: http://www.emediapress.com/go.php?offer=qiman&pid=72

The main hurdle that many people found was that it was not easily compatible with many of the modern cars on the road because they have wasted spark ignition systems. This shows exactly how wasted spark ignition systems work but more importantly, you'll learn * EXACTLY * how I overcame this issue and was able to make it work on my own Subaru Legacy GT with a wasted spark ignition coil pack.

You'll learn several possible ways go make the Plasma Ignition work with wasted spark ignition coil packs, but we'll go into great depth on one particular solution using off the shelf coil packs and off the shelf capacitor discharge units.

Get it now
                  : http://www.emediapress.com/go.php?offer=qiman&pid=72

If you already have the popular Ignition Secrets package and need to learn how to apply it to wasted spark ignition systems, then this new presentation is a MUST HAVE.

If you don't have any of this information, at least get the main Ignition Secrets package to learn about this phenomenal technology that thousands of people are experimenting with all around the world. And if you want to put this on a car with a wasted spark ignition system, then get the full COMBO pack at a discount! At bare minimum, read the website thoroughly - it's pretty mind-blowing.

Sincerely,
                  Aaron

CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS RELEASED ALREADY

Magnetic Energy Secrets Part 3 by Paul Babcock: http://emediapress.com/go.php?offer=qiman&pid=64
                  The Dynaflux Concept and Lenz's Law by Jim Murray - http://emediapress.com/go.php?offer=qiman&pid=66
                  The Power of the Aether as Related to Music and Electricity by Eric Dollard - http://emediapress.com/go.php?offer=qiman&pid=68
                  Versor Algebra Volume II by Eric Dollard - http://emediapress.com/go.php?offer=qiman&pid=69
                  Attached Files
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

• When diode is flipped, so grey band is facing + of coil, CDI will fire plug normal. Have also tried diode in between + of CDI and + of coil, also 2 HV diodes from + of coil to HV of coil. Get same results of CDI triggering but no fire.

Comment

• HitechLLC if you post a little video, I am sure you can be helped a lot more easy. In the picture you posted it looks like you only have the HV to the top of the plug. You will need to just add a wire containing a diode or a bunch, from low voltage positive on the ignition coil to the top of the spark plug.
                      Also it could be good help to ground the battery as well, just to make sure the High Voltage goes to ground. I have learned the painful way that HV likes to travel all over the place.
                      Hope this can help you!

Comment

• I have seen and read the latest Ignition Secrets for Wasted Spark. It is for sure a must have if your goal is to point the diodes towards the spark plugs, so that you later can add some booster caps....
                        You see, if not all your plugs are firing HV+ it is not possible to add the booster cap.
                        Aaron has been doing very good work here. Thanks a lot!

Comment

• Here is a cheap coil with HV + and HV - Should be good for some experimenting!

Here is a more expensive double coil, but I like the above one better because it has better terminals for connecting the diode to the lv+

Here is the best priced high power MDS I could find tonight!

Here is the best priced 30 kv 2A diode I know of.

30 kv wire is found here

Buy you spark plug wires from here, because they sell very low resistance wire and it is easy too hook up the diode wire under the boot.

Good place for working out how much BANG you have in your cap!

What seems to be a good power supply, if you ever need to go big!

Heat a stainless steel pipe 316 l with HHO gas and spray water on it, that is part of what they do in the Dominican Republic for fuel.

Here on this page there is some good info about water. Water Cannon is a good document, but it seems like they never figured out the mixing of the high voltage and low voltage high current from the capacitor over a spark gap. When that charge hits to positive on the battery going "wrong" way through the diode... and when the diode close the first and easy path to lower potential, so the charge must find another ground over another spark gap connected to the same battery that things happen, at least on my bench top!

Oh, I am also pretty sure EV GRAY had his car starting batteries in series, and not in parallel like shown in his patent!

Nikola Tesla said, NO REVERSE CURRENT.

I hope all this will accelerate learning! Go and make some plasma now!
                          Last edited by ThankyouBedini; 08-28-2015, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• I would like to know if NGK or DENSO iridium spark plugs will work in plasma ignition purposes. Would you know the type of iridium spark plugs that have no resistor?

Comment

• Another no progress update...

Hello all. Please forgive me for not paying more attention to this thread as I just discovered a month old message in my inbox here...

I have literally not touched the current project all summer as I am still working to complete various outdoor projects before winter sets in.
                              I did produce a short video detailing some of these things here-

And I just acquired a used cargo container to help me get reorganized around here so I have been spending the last few weeks just doing a lot of cleanup and reorganization in the house, garage and my two tiny workshops. And just discovered the last remaining tree on this property is now dead so this may be another task I need to take care of soon as well as some other landscaping needs. Which is why I bought a 'fixer upper' tractor with front loader only to realize this 'collector's item' basically needed every major system fixed. Including Fuel System, Electrical system, Charging system, Starting system, Cooling system, Hydraulic system, Instrumentation system, Ignition system and Brake system just so it can be used reliably. And only then to run into additional challenges such carburetor and fuel pump issues even though I had already rebuilt these two things.

Believe it or not, this may actually be related to this thread as I have now installed a carburetor on this engine that has a fully adjustable main jet which may come in really handy IF I am to convert this old tractor to a plasma ignition system and water based fuel system...
                              See: www.furaffinity.net/view/17732264/

This tractor also has a pretty unique "hot plate" configuration incorporating a steel plate between the exhaust and intake manifold directly below the carburetor to provide for extra vaporization of the fuel by way of hot exhaust gas that heats said plate. This could come in REAL handy in consideration of alternative, water based fuels.

Please forgive my failure to complete any more work on this plasma ignition project which I DO intend to resume this fall or winter as time and energy permits.

I did notice in this thread a mention of reed switch issues.
                              Don't forget that I was able to implement a more standard automotive style timing system by way of simply attaching a modified reluctor and pickup coil that is commonly used in automotive distributors and produces exactly the type of input the MSD system is designed for. (See my previous thread entries, images and videos)

Please bear with me as I REALLY want to get more work done on this project but many other projects have simply taken priority that ARE getting done.
                              It just takes time and the outdoor stuff must get done first and not even sure if I can get everything done that I want to accomplish this year before winter...

Kindest regards;

}:>
                              Last edited by Scorch; 09-20-2015, 10:02 PM. Reason: Correction.

Comment

• Use heatsink with MOSFET if you have the heating problem. It will work, but wisely choose the Heat Sink size and design. For testing purpose use the low duty cycle. For this use the variable resistor. Also clear that why you want to use the diodes with 555? what is the need of using diodes with 555?
                                Last edited by LarsHudec; 10-07-2015, 08:24 AM.
                                pcb assembly

Comment

Working...
                                X