Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 97 of 121 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

I have checked and re-checked my junction and it isn't shorting there. If it was it would only be the one wire/cylinder shorting and would still run on 3 cylinders but all 4 cylinders start misfiring at the same time even though I have only installed one of my modified wires to test with?
    Those are my thoughts exactly, that some RFI is disrupting the signal for all of the cylinders. This exact problem occurred before I installed the HV coil or the MSD unit. Originally I put copper rods down inside the plug boots to make contact with the connector that clips to the top of the plug to get a direct connection to my plugs without any resistance and the problem was the same even with all the stock equipment, as soon as I connected a wire to my plug rod it would start mis-firing on all 4 cylinders.

Hi Rokan,

What triggers your ignition system? Points and condenser? Inductive pickup? Hall effect pickup?
    Gary Hammond,

I'm sorry, @rokan. I'm wrong and the experts are arriving with ideas and input to resolve your difficulties and teach me a few things.
    (Not really sorry: mission accomplished. This place is a bit too quiet at times, and a cry from the wilderness can go unheard from what I've seen, until some action starts on a topic.)

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to draw everything out just so there is no question about anything.

What is the part # for your MSD?
    What is the part # for your Ignition Coil make/model?

What wire are you using to trigger the MSD? Which color(s)?
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post

Hi Aaron, is the MSD 5520 ($144.42 on Amazon) good for my '73 Dodge pickup with the 440 engine and factory electronic ignition which uses a magnetic pickup?
    I'm using the Pertronics 0.3 ohm Flamethrower coil.
    Thanks.

Richard Gieser

Hi Aaron,
    If you are talking to me I have the Street Fire #5520
    Coil I have is Nology ProFire
    I am using orange and black to the coil, white and small red to the old internal distributor coil wires
    I can't seem to find the info for what kind of pickup this distributor uses so I don't know?

Thanks,
    Ron

Not points and condenser
    Not sure if it is inductive or hall?
    Do you have an easy way to determine which it is?

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hi Aaron, is the MSD 5520 ($144.42 on Amazon) good for my '73 Dodge pickup with the 440 engine and factory electronic ignition which uses a magnetic pickup?
    I'm using the Pertronics 0.3 ohm Flamethrower coil.
    Thanks.

Richard Gieser
    I'm guessing it would be I would double check directly with MSD though because I'm not familiar with that truck or engine. If the ignition coils has a simple + and - primary input with a single HV output that goes to a distributor cap, then it should work fine but please don't take my word for it.

Here is the instruction/data sheet for the street fire module with about half a dozen or more hookup situations. You can probably find your exact one in there and if so, should work fine. They're all pretty standard back then. https://www.jegs.com/InstallationIns...1/121-5520.pdf
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

I'm guessing it would be I would double check directly with MSD though because I'm not familiar with that truck or engine. If the ignition coils has a simple + and - primary input with a single HV output that goes to a distributor cap, then it should work fine but please don't take my word for it.

Here is the instruction/data sheet for the street fire module with about half a dozen or more hookup situations. You can probably find your exact one in there and if so, should work fine. They're all pretty standard back then. https://www.jegs.com/InstallationIns...1/121-5520.pdf
    Thank you, Aaron.

Richard Gieser

I have come to the conclusion that this cannot be done on my 1996 Toyota Tacoma pickup!
    If ANYTHING is attached to the top of the plug, like needs to be for the HV to be transferred, it goes wacky and crossfires and misfires to the point it will not run!
    For some odd reason the way the distributor electronics work on this particular vehicle it just will not let it be modified to run plasma, period!!