Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 92 of 121 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1207

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

  1. #911
    Hi All,

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hammond View Post
    ..............................The plasma ignition is definitely going on my Bradley GT very soon and then maybe even the fogger. The Bradley already has a MSD 6A box and hall effect pickup installed, so all I need to add are the diodes. Plus it's electronically fuel injected with dash tuneable control module and an air/fuel ratio meter, so I can experiment with lean burn as well.
    Had the engine out of the Bradley for a while now to access the fuel tank. I needed to add a bottom fuel outlet to the tank, relocate the external fuel pump, hook the normal tank vent back up, block off the vent in the filler cap, remove the low pressure filter ahead of the pump and replace it with a high pressure filter after the pump. I did all this to cure a vapor lock problem it was having in hot weather. That and a fuel spillage problem from the filler cap when the tank was full. (Ruined a paint job.)

    Got every thing back together today and installed the plasma ignition as well. Took it for a rest drive this evening and it runs better than ever. Pulls strong all the way to 6000 RPM. Leaned out the mixture slightly, but if I go too far lean it bogs on initial launch at part throttle.

    The engine starts very quickly and there is no hint of vapor lock!
    Gary Hammond,

  2. #912
    i seen your video on making a old datsun that had been converted to a electronic ignition by the previous owner and working on a car with a distributor is FAR easier then working on the new multi coil cars of today do you have a set of plans for a multi coil car being i own a 1997 Thunderbird with the original 82,000 miles ( it had 62, thousand but i put 10 thousand miles on the car before it dawned on me that they added a extra digit on my odometer and that my cars mileage was far below what i had thought originally well i figured in a few years it would have its 20th birthday and be a classic so rather then drive it i parked it and used it maybe to put 5 miles on it a year if that at all id love to put in a plasma coil conversion but before i touch 1 wire does your plans cover a multi coil car ( in my Thunderbird case i need to run 2 msd boxes as if they were 2 separate 4 cylinder boxes)

  3. #913
    I don't think waste spark is as difficult to convert to plasma as people think, since the ECU is basically doing what the MSD CDI box was invented to do in the days of distributor cap/rotor anyways. (The cam and crank position sensors are what give ECUs information for spark, and they're probably much more accurate and reliable and less prone to drift out of "tune".)
    If the plasma "event" occurs because of the diode between the primary +ve and secondary +ve, and your ignition system has multiple primaries and secondaries, then you'll need multiple diodes placed appropriately (4 in your case, 3 for a v6 and 2 for a 4cyl).
    Further, you could need multiple capacitors (or consider voltage multipliers) across those multiple primaries....and for peaking capacitors, you might be able to place them across each pair of secondaries rather than on each plug.
    Last edited by heysoundude; 07-26-2018 at 10:00 AM.

  4. #914
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,438
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hammond View Post
    Hi All,



    Had the engine out of the Bradley for a while now to access the fuel tank. I needed to add a bottom fuel outlet to the tank, relocate the external fuel pump, hook the normal tank vent back up, block off the vent in the filler cap, remove the low pressure filter ahead of the pump and replace it with a high pressure filter after the pump. I did all this to cure a vapor lock problem it was having in hot weather. That and a fuel spillage problem from the filler cap when the tank was full. (Ruined a paint job.)

    Got every thing back together today and installed the plasma ignition as well. Took it for a rest drive this evening and it runs better than ever. Pulls strong all the way to 6000 RPM. Leaned out the mixture slightly, but if I go too far lean it bogs on initial launch at part throttle.

    The engine starts very quickly and there is no hint of vapor lock!
    Gary, that's awesome!

    Besides the plasma, do you have any HHO or other water type of supplementation?

    What is the leanest you can run it without overheating, etc.?
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  5. #915
    Hi Aaron,

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    Gary, that's awesome!

    Besides the plasma, do you have any HHO or other water type of supplementation?

    What is the leanest you can run it without overheating, etc.?
    Thanks

    I haven't tried any fog supplementation yet. I have a 3500 watt gen set I'll probably try that on first.

    I also haven't had a chance to check out how lean I can go, as it still needs a rich mixture to accelerate without hesitation from a standstill. On the open road, at higher speeds, I can lean it out a little more but haven't gone there yet. I'm enjoying the extra power too much!
    Gary Hammond,

  6. #916
    Quote Originally Posted by heysoundude View Post
    In the schematic pic, the switch location - wouldn't it be on the -ve leg/side of the primary?
    Haven’t got any of my parts I ordered to try anything yet!

  7. #917
    Quote Originally Posted by RB176 View Post
    Haven’t got any of my parts I ordered to try anything yet!
    I was actually asking Faraday88, I believe; I seem to recall he posted the diagrams...

  8. #918

    Video 1 of installation

    Installation Update,

    I just posted a couple of videos on U-tube of my plasma ignition installed and running. Here's the first one.

    Gary Hammond,

  9. #919
    Here's the second video.

    Gary Hammond,

  10. #920
    Very nice VW aircooled engine.

    Any image of the plasma arc?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •