Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


ONLY 150 118 90 2 SEATS AVAILABLE! - 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 86 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1025

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

  1. #851
    Quote Originally Posted by heysoundude View Post
    For clarity's sake, when you say accelerate, I think you mean "causes the ignition event to happen sooner in the 720 degree rotation of the 4-stroke combustion cycle," correct? it also delivers the ignition energy FASTER, for a much better sense of accuracy; plasma can reliably be aimed to hit the proverbial bullseye much more easily, I think.

    EFIE circuit - yes, any combustion enhancement; Plasma ignition, HHO/Brown's Gas, Gadgetman Groove...you also have to be mindful that you may need to modify a MAP signal to ECU as well, if your vehicle has one.

    Leaning an engine - this youtube video, while long and focused at aviation, has some great insight (or did for me). https://youtu.be/h3bATVXMHQg
    Thank you.

  2. #852
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,311
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by heysoundude View Post
    For clarity's sake, when you say accelerate, I think you mean "causes the ignition event to happen sooner in the 720 degree rotation of the 4-stroke combustion cycle," correct? it also delivers the ignition energy FASTER, for a much better sense of accuracy; plasma can reliably be aimed to hit the proverbial bullseye much more easily, I think.

    EFIE circuit - yes, any combustion enhancement; Plasma ignition, HHO/Brown's Gas, Gadgetman Groove...you also have to be mindful that you may need to modify a MAP signal to ECU as well, if your vehicle has one.

    Leaning an engine - this youtube video, while long and focused at aviation, has some great insight (or did for me). https://youtu.be/h3bATVXMHQg
    No, the electro-chemistry involved in the actual combustion process is sped up.

    The plasma doesn't cause the ignition even to happen sooner, it will happen whenever the timing tells the ignition to fire but because the combustion chemistry happens faster, the timing can be delayed closer to TDC.

    Yes, the plasma causes the energy to be delivered faster, which compresses the same energy in time meaning the power of the ignition is cranked up through the roof.
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  3. #853

    Street Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    Hi Ron,

    As you mentioned in the emails there isn't a MSD type unit specific to the 2RZFE. However, many units like the budget MSD model Street Fire is universal and can be used on most 4, 6 or 8 cylinder engines as can the other MSD units. Very few are engine specific but are for a general type of engine. Dis-2 or 4 or whatever I used in my Subaru are for distributorless, the Street Fire can be used for points or electronic ignition that use a autotransformer coil with normal primary inputs and a high voltage output, etc.

    The cap you mention isn't needed because if you can hook up a CDI/MSD to your engine, the cap in that unit gets discharged into the primary of your ignition coil so you have a corresponding stepup in the high voltage output that increases. So instead of 12 volts going to the primary, you'll have 400-500 volts to the primary from a low capacitance capacitor. The Street Fire unit has 89 milijoules per discharge I believe and you can find up to the 135-150 range or so.

    Can you post a picture of your ignition coil and the cables that connect to the plugs?

    Hi Aaron,
    I now have my Street Fire unit and am ready to do the final hookup!
    If you can fill me in on the rest of the hookup pointers I will greatly appreciate it!
    Happy 4th of july!

    Thanks,
    Ron

  4. #854
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    No, the electro-chemistry involved in the actual combustion process is sped up.

    The plasma doesn't cause the ignition even to happen sooner, it will happen whenever the timing tells the ignition to fire but because the combustion chemistry happens faster, the timing can be delayed closer to TDC.

    Yes, the plasma causes the energy to be delivered faster, which compresses the same energy in time meaning the power of the ignition is cranked up through the roof.
    so "combustion happens faster at closer to TDC because the charge is more compressed" is how I'm understanding it...and yeah, the results would be remarkable.

  5. #855
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
    Thank you.
    most welcome!

  6. #856
    Senior Member Faraday88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangaluru, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    No, the electro-chemistry involved in the actual combustion process is sped up.

    The plasma doesn't cause the ignition even to happen sooner, it will happen whenever the timing tells the ignition to fire but because the combustion chemistry happens faster, the timing can be delayed closer to TDC.

    Yes, the plasma causes the energy to be delivered faster, which compresses the same energy in time meaning the power of the ignition is cranked up through the roof.
    Aaron,
    'Plasma-Chemistry' will be a better term to it..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 07-02-2018 at 12:00 AM. Reason: correction
    ‘Mass is spatial density of Matter (Particle) and Temporal density of Space (Field)’.

  7. #857
    I'm curious Aaron what kind of magnets were you using, how were they configured on the fuel line, what strength were they and what kind of additive did you use? Because I have tried all of those things and never got any gains that were worth speaking of?? I was also using an EFIE circuit, do you remember your circuit voltage settings for the offset the EFIE was putting in the computer?
    Thanks,
    Ron

  8. #858
    Quote Originally Posted by rokan View Post
    I'm curious Aaron what kind of magnets were you using, how were they configured on the fuel line, what strength were they and what kind of additive did you use? Because I have tried all of those things and never got any gains that were worth speaking of?? I was also using an EFIE circuit, do you remember your circuit voltage settings for the offset the EFIE was putting in the computer?
    Thanks,
    Ron
    Ron - the EFIE needs to be adjusted to your application; that said, if you poke around on the Eagle Research website, you'll find that there is a good range to start your adjusting. Did you watch George's video? https://youtu.be/zGXxXM_lzAQ

  9. #859
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
    My next step is to connect two ignition coils in, primary, parallel or anti-parallel scheme.

    It looks promising but it poses an overload on the triggering unit which may be, I am afraid, fatal, (for the unit).

    My first experiments, on the bench, give impressive results.
    An '80s solution:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ge1...ew?usp=sharing

    For the moment, works perfectly, covering the area above the 4000 rpm.

    To see the thumbnail better, click the link, (google drive).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 07-03-2018 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Better thumbnail vision info.

  10. #860
    Senior Member Faraday88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangaluru, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
    An '80s solution:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ge1...ew?usp=sharing

    For the moment, works perfectly, covering the area above the 4000 rpm.

    To see the thumbnail better, click the link, (google drive).
    The article in general speaks 'paralleling' the coils but doesn't go in depth of how exactly... in my opinion, the auxiliary coil who's output (socket) is shut is more under stress and eventually will aware out due to the preferential path of the discharge happening through it! (combined stress of both the coils) only the primaries are in parallel..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 07-04-2018 at 12:51 AM. Reason: correction
    ‘Mass is spatial density of Matter (Particle) and Temporal density of Space (Field)’.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •