Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 83 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1215

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

  1. #821
    Senior Member Faraday88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangaluru, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
    The problem is within the mobile's camera structure, which cannot record smoothly, as if something, (radiation?), disturbs operation. The flow of the events, in reality, is uninterrupted without missing a bit. Using headphones you can hear that the rhythm of the discharges follows a normal pattern even at the points we cannot see the discharges.
    Hi,
    Yes, you could be true...the camera cannot capture what an eye can..after all it an assisted viewing A similar thing happens when you record using a camera about the brightness of LED or the color of the neon bulb. for LED The camera presents it to be brighter than what it actually is!!
    it is vital for me to tell just by the color of the neon-bulbs in SSG/SG if its Positive Radiant or Negative Radiant. camera viewing cannot capture this intricate detail.
    In your video of the Spark-discharge, there are intermittent jumps if I may so call it.
    This is inherent to modern day camera in terms of interference as you rightly pointed out. or sometimes is the result due to Stroboscopic dephasing effect.
    rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 06-04-2018 at 02:05 AM.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

  2. #822
    The first results with the modified NGK are:

    #1 2.8% reduction in fuel consumption.
    #2 misfiring at high revs.

  3. #823
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Nice find.
    Thanks.
    gotta help your brothers out, right?

  4. #824
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    See if you can get a Samsung S9+ cellphone to try out. They have a 720 fps slow motion camera mode.

    Richard Gieser
    right, the event happens so quickly, a higher frame rate camera is the only type that can catch it. I have an app on my iphone that does as much as 1000fps, but it eats through memory very quickly at that frame rate.

  5. #825
    I am leaning to connect in parallel the secondary of two ignition coils, because having a 4.5 mm gap, voltage deficiency is observed in high revolutions.

    Their power supply will be independent, the one from the standard ignition and the second from the special module which gives the plasma.

    Some tries give a perfect result, simultaneously in high and low revs, but somewhere, in some cases, there is a misfiring under heavy load, although the distributor cap has no signs of arcing. There must be an arcing, somewhere, though...

    Two high voltage ignition coils and a plasma unit, feeding the spark plugs, seems as a promising solution. On the other hand, the plasma module gives some signs of overheating struggling to give high current for the plasma and for the second ignition coil.
    Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 06-17-2018 at 12:05 PM.

  6. #826
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,448
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
    I am leaning to connect in parallel the secondary of two ignition coils, because having a 4.5 mm gap, voltage deficiency is observed in high revolutions.

    Their power supply will be independent, the one from the standard ignition and the second from the special module which gives the plasma.

    Some tries give a perfect result, simultaneously in high and low revs, but somewhere, in some cases, there is a misfiring under heavy load, although the distributor cap has no signs of arcing. There must be an arcing, somewhere, though...

    Two high voltage ignition coils and a plasma unit, feeding the spark plugs, seems as a promising solution. On the other hand, the plasma module gives some signs of overheating struggling to give high current for the plasma and for the second ignition coil.
    With MSD or CDI, it is normal to have less plasma at higher rpm. The problem is the cap charger in the units cannot keep up with higher rpm. MSD - can trigger 6-7 times per trigger at lower rpm but as the rpm increases, it may only discharge 1 time per trigger. I don't know for sure this is your issue, but this is very common and expected.
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  7. #827
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    With MSD or CDI, it is normal to have less plasma at higher rpm. The problem is the cap charger in the units cannot keep up with higher rpm. MSD - can trigger 6-7 times per trigger at lower rpm but as the rpm increases, it may only discharge 1 time per trigger. I don't know for sure this is your issue, but this is very common and expected.
    I am using this, smart kit, unit:

    1058_1.jpg

    I thought that the problem is due to the low speed diodes.

    Anyway, adding a second ignition coil, there is a very substantial improvement in the high revs, letting the plasma to support the low and middle revs operation, as well as, forbidding the fouling of the extra cold spark plugs.

    The implementation becomes, progressively, complicated and demanding.

    The dialogue with the management of my engine, (a spare mr. Digifant ), continues in a polite mood, (at least for the moment).
    Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 06-17-2018 at 01:46 PM.

  8. #828
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,448
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
    I am using this, smart kit, unit:



    I thought that the problem is due to the low speed diodes.

    Anyway, adding a second ignition coil, there is a very substantial improvement in the high revs, letting the plasma to support the low and middle revs operation, as well as, forbidding the fouling of the extra cold spark plugs.

    The implementation becomes, progressively, complicated and demanding.

    The dialogue with the management of my engine, (a spare mr. Digifant ), continues in a polite mood, (at least for the moment).
    I'm only guessing that the extra coil hv spark helps to ionize the gap better so that at high rpm, the cap which cannot get full charged to a higher voltage is able to still discharge. Does the high rpm plasma still look just as strong as low rpm or is it smaller?

    Where did you get that kit?
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  9. #829
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    I'm only guessing that the extra coil hv spark helps to ionize the gap better so that at high rpm, the cap which cannot get full charged to a higher voltage is able to still discharge. Does the high rpm plasma still look just as strong as low rpm or is it smaller?

    Where did you get that kit?
    #1 The plasma seems that disappears above 3500-4000 rpm.

    #2 Smart Kit electronics: https://quasarelectronics.co.uk/Item...ronic-ignition
    (But it seems it is not available any more).
    Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 06-18-2018 at 01:17 AM.

  10. #830
    Now I am in position to confirm it: the diodes 6A 1000v are slow and do not permit the plasma discharge above a middle rpm limit.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •