Page 74 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
    Here is my Plasma: http://www.vwsyncro.eu/p/blog-page_34.html
    (Scroll down please).

Mr. Murakami, thank you.
    Very good! It's so fast your camera has trouble seeing it. That is quite a spark plug compilation you have on your site.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    Very good! It's so fast your camera has trouble seeing it. That is quite a spark plug compilation you have on your site.
    Thank you very much.

Unexpected: even the AM radio band has no extra noise when the plasma is energized, although no EMI/RFI suppression measures have been taken. Is there any explanation for that?
    Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 03-28-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Thank you very much.

Unexpected: even the AM radio band has no extra noise when the plasma is energized, although no EMI/RFI suppression measures have been taken. Is there any explanation for that?
    Hey,
    FCC CLASS B PART 15 COMPLIANT!!
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'The Magnetic Field is the gatekeeper of the Wheather on the Earth'' - John Bedini.

Quote Originally Posted by Faraday88 View Post
    Hey,
    FCC CLASS B PART 15 COMPLIANT!!
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    As I can see here: https://www.cableorganizer.com/image.../FCC-rules.pdf, this rule is for the "unintentional radiators", so this may be a good explanation why my radiator complies, unintentionally, to the norm.

Finally I was wrong.

There is a radio interference but in the fm band, which is audible with weak stations.

Trying to control the operation status, I added a led pilot lamp, (with a diode), which operates when everything is fine and stops to operate in the case of a malfunction.

As you can hear in my next video, a clicking noise is now present into the car with the radio off.

What a Plasma!

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finally I was wrong.

There is a radio interference but in the fm band, which is audible with weak stations.

Trying to control the operation status, I added a led pilot lamp, (with a diode), which operates when everything is fine and stops to operate in the case of a malfunction.

As you can hear in my next video, a clicking noise is now present into the car with the radio off.

What a Plasma!

I sometimes experience a bit of clicking on the radio but it doesn't seem to happen all the time.

One thing is that I did give up on 0 resistance ignition cables because it makes my engine computer go berserk. But since the cap discharges through a diode over the gap, it bypasses the ignition cables anyway so not needed. However, lower resistance cables with some suppression is a good idea. For plugs, definitely non-resistor. With that, I've never seen any issues except for the occasional clicking on the radio. That was on my Subaru GT 2.5 liter boxer engine with wasted spark.

For an older car without a computer like my Datsun 620 pickup, I don't know because the radio doesn't even work. lol I can tell the plasma works great because in the winter in sub freezing temps, I can disconnect the electronic choke on the Weber and it starts right up with the plasma without hesitation. It might take a few tries - that isn't the hesitation, that is just it taking a moment to finally get fuel. Then it idles just fine. That alone is quite a testimony.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

In my case the total resistance is reduced to the minimum required by the Digifant ignition/injection system, which is 2 kΩ, the resistance of the rotor into the distributor included, in a try for the hottest possible spark, (ante plasma).

Now I am going to determine the new value for the resistance, by the trial and error method, on the road, in order to have the coldest possible arc.

My ECU seems to be bulletproof, for the moment at least. I don't know what will be the behavior of the other systems ECUs, such as the climatronic, abs, edl, door locking, e.t.c..

The results of my

P1160250.JPG
    (trip computer)

and of the emissions measurement are my next concern.
    (Yes, I know that I have to fight against the fuel enrichment caused by the reaction vs plasma of the ECU).

By the way, are there any data for the gamma radiation, emitted by the plasma, as it operates in a car?
    Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 03-31-2018 at 02:05 AM.

In my case the total resistance is reduced to the minimum required by the Digifant ignition/injection system, which is 2 kΩ, the resistance of the rotor into the distributor included, in a try for the hottest possible spark, (ante plasma).

Now I am going to determine the new value for the resistance, by the trial and error method, on the road, in order to have the coldest possible arc.

My ECU seems to be bulletproof, for the moment at least. I don't know what will be the behavior of the other systems ECUs, such as the climatronic, abs, edl, door locking, e.t.c..

The results of my

P1160250.JPG
    (trip computer)

and of the emissions measurement are my next concern.
    (Yes, I know that I have to fight against the fuel enrichment caused by the reaction vs plasma of the ECU).

By the way, are there any data for the gamma radiation, emitted by the plasma, as it operates in a car?
    Hey,
    X-rays yes.. feable quantity... Gamma rays!!!! no idea... extermely short wave X-rays would probably be called Gamma rays as well !!
    Standard Electromagnetic Spectrum says so...
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'The Magnetic Field is the gatekeeper of the Wheather on the Earth'' - John Bedini.

For a "having no idea" person, the knowledge of the "extremely short wave X-rays" which "would probably called Gamma rays as well !!" which he knows that it is said "by the Standard Electromagnetic Spectrum" seems to be a try for irony.

So keep it for your self.

Bye.

Rgds,
    no Faraday88.

For a "having no idea" person, the knowledge of the "extremely short wave X-rays" which "would probably called Gamma rays as well !!" which he knows that it is said "by the Standard Electromagnetic Spectrum" seems to be a try for irony.

So keep it for your self.

Bye.

Rgds,
    no Faraday88.
    You are better at keeping your irony with you...
    i have dealt with giger muller counter and scintillation counter for over 18 years... so do'nt rant sarcasm with me.. you do'nt even know what differenciates the Gamma rays from the X-ray..what a pitty..
    Last edited by Faraday88; 04-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.