Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 150 118 90 2 SEATS AVAILABLE! - 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 72 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Hi Jeremiah,

Here's a video I found that shows the proper values for a peaking cap and how to wire it. Enjoy.

Gary Hammond,

This video is basically the same setup that I tried. I used a 30kv and also 3 15kv capacitors in series all with the same results. Gary you mentioned maybe trying a bigger cap, what size would you recommend?

Hi Jeremiah,

Please understand that I have not worked with peaking caps. All I know about them is based on reading literature and watching videos.

My experience is with switching from points triggering to solid state triggering for conventional ignition set ups on small engines. I also have installed an MSD 6A ignition box, triggered by a Compu-fire hall effect trigger device, driving an MSD Blaster 2 coil on the modified VW engine installed in my Bradley GT kit car. I'm running a .060" or .070" plug gap and expensive plug wires which gives me a very hot ignition with easy starting and no misfire to the engine red line of 6000 RPM.

I have ordered, and am going to install, high voltage diodes as well so I can get the plasma effect. Then I'm going to experiment with water vapor and lean burn on this engine. It also has dash adjustable electronic fuel injection running in open loop which should work great for experimentation.

As for the value of the peaking cap, it's my understanding that too much capacitance will take too long to fill the cap at high RPMs and you will lose the effect and may get misfiring. So whatever you were using, I would try a capacitor with about half that value but still rated for 20,000 to 30,000 volts. If I were doing it I would probably start at 50pF and go up or down from there.
    Last edited by Gary Hammond; 03-02-2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: correct spelling
    Gary Hammond,

Again thanks

The capacitors I tried were 15kv 2200pf and a 30kv 1000pf. I’ll try some different pf caps and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by RB176 View Post
    30kv 102. 15kv 222
    You can use Home made Glass Layden jars for the peaking Capacitor discharge best and cheap one after all!
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'The Magnetic Field is the gatekeeper of the Wheather on the Earth'' - John Bedini.

Hi , Please explain about the Glass Layden.Thank you

A leyden jar is a homade capacitor that can withstand high voltage. If you put liquid into a glass bottle and submerge it half way into a bucket of water ....the water in the bottle is one capacitor plate and the water in the bucket is the other capacitive plate. As long as you don't go above a voltage that can not jump through the glass "dielectric" it is a capacitive system. You can use many bottles with jumpers between the inner water to raise the capacitance. If you think of how much voltage it would take to "jump" from the water inside to bottle to the water outside the bottle it would take a very very high voltage. So it is a very cheap and effective way of making high voltage capacitors with some beer bottles water and a bucket....or many other variations.
    Last edited by Bradley Malone; 03-03-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahGM View Post
    Hi , Please explain about the Glass Layden.Thank you
    Hi,
    For our purpose here, you need not actually have a classical Layden jar set up..meaning bottel size.. you may use miniature size Plastic/HDPE photographic film boxes and make Layden jar as Bradley malone described in the post.
    Ideally, the inside of the boxes you may use brine water and aluminium foil for the outside plate of the Capacitor (Layden jar) that it forms.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'The Magnetic Field is the gatekeeper of the Wheather on the Earth'' - John Bedini.

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This kind of capacitor works just fine for peaking caps.
    This one is 25kv at whatever capacitance.

If the capacitance is too high, you will be limited to it working only at low rpm or not at all. Keep in mind for peaking caps, all you have is the normal hv spark to charge it up before it discharges across the gap so it has to be low capacitance.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller