* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 60 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Question Circuit using SSR

this is the circuit I make using an Arduino and a DC SSR, Im not sure if the output is the same...SSR.jpg

https://youtu.be/Wk_Xb1o-SaY

Quote Originally Posted by sigi View Post
    this is the circuit I make using an Arduino and a DC SSR, Im not sure if the output is the same...SSR.jpg

Hi Sigi,
    Your idea of using the DC SSR is great however, you need to put the Cap in parallel to the primary you shall then see something...
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    ‘Mass is the Spatial density of Matter (Particle) and the Temporal Intensity of Space (Field)’.

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sigi View Post
    this is the circuit I make using an Arduino and a DC SSR, Im not sure if the output is the same...

Yes, what Faraday said - and the diode from cap to HV.
    Aaron Murakami

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Aaron Murakami

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Co-Creator View Post
    This weekend ive made my power generator on cold gas vapor with a jar. The generator runs much better. The only thing is, if you have a liter of gas and make it a vapor, you are left with about 10% of gasoline which will not become a vapor. I think the oil companies put something in there.
    Indeed they do: ethanol, which has a much higher Vaporization point than gasoline. depending on where you live, you may be able to obtain ethanol-free gasoline. Often it is sold as premium high octane (91+) without being specifically labelled on the pump as ethanol-free. Pure-gas.org has a website that may help you in your search

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    Awesome!

For the coils, this canister type is 45kv: http://feelthevibe.com/amazon/B002Q363XM
    This type is 60kv: http://feelthevibe.com/amazon/B002Q2PKNM

Both are 0.32 ohms primary from same company. I have both but haven't used the 60kv one yet.
    Aaron - I've been eating up the Plasma Ignition download I bought a while ago...

Questions:
    1- Granatelli makes ($$$) 80kV coils for my engine (waste spark) to go along with the plug wires I bought from them. Is the bigger voltage here actually better, given that we're trying to get a plasma that doesn't damage the engine?
    2- the newer, smaller diodes I see in the later videos - would you be so kind as to share a link to them so I can try to source them locally?

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by heysoundude View Post
    Indeed they do: ethanol, which has a much higher Vaporization point than gasoline. depending on where you live, you may be able to obtain ethanol-free gasoline. Often it is sold as premium high octane (91+) without being specifically labelled on the pump as ethanol-free. Pure-gas.org has a website that may help you in your search
    Thank you very much heysoundude! The only clear gasoline here in Holland will be Schell V power or BP Ultimate, will have a check.
    I've bought the diodes, like in Aarons latest movie on Banggoods, very cheap, good service and vast delivery check the link: http://www.banggood.com/1PC-20KV-2A-...l?rmmds=search

I am now building my MSD 5520 CDI in my car, ive got the diodes... and must buy smaller main jets to test to lean the carb out. I will share my findings on my AMC v8 360 Jeep Wagoneer 1979.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Co-Creator View Post
    Thank you very much heysoundude! The only clear gasoline here in Holland will be Schell V power or BP Ultimate, will have a check.
    I've bought the diodes, like in Aarons latest movie on Banggoods, very cheap, good service and vast delivery check the link: http://www.banggood.com/1PC-20KV-2A-...l?rmmds=search

I am now building my MSD 5520 CDI in my car, ive got the diodes... and must buy smaller main jets to test to lean the carb out. I will share my findings on my AMC v8 360 Jeep Wagoneer 1979.

Cheers
    That's how it works here in Canada as well: premium fuels with the highest octane (whether AKI or RON) generally have zero ethanol. (with the exception of Sunoco Ultra94, it seems...which I found to be strange)

Those are the diodes I'm looking at as well, but my local shop sells them for a bit less.

oooh, I envy you that Jeep!

Blog Entries
    There are multiple websites and even phone apps that will show you where ethanol free gasoline is. You'll of course pay more - I've never noticed a difference in it as far as regular driving goes with a regular ignition compared to the more common gas with up to 10% ethanol, but it is widely available throughout the US.
    Aaron Murakami

Blog Entries
    Aaron - I've been eating up the Plasma Ignition download I bought a while ago...

Questions:
    1- Granatelli makes ($$$) 80kV coils for my engine (waste spark) to go along with the plug wires I bought from them. Is the bigger voltage here actually better, given that we're trying to get a plasma that doesn't damage the engine?
    2- the newer, smaller diodes I see in the later videos - would you be so kind as to share a link to them so I can try to source them locally?

thank you
    It isn't the voltage (of the HV output of the ignition coil) that can cause damage, it is the capacitance of the capacitor in the MSD/CDI you have when it jumps over the gap being ionized by the hv output from a coil. If too much capacitance, you will get such a strong current blast that you can cause damage and extremely short plug life. So stay with MSD/CDI units with voltages around 400-500 volts and about 2uf at the most. If you go over that capacitance (in that voltage range), you will get plasma blasts too big. And remember that what you see on the bench will grow a bigger in the engine when compressed air is forced on that gap to feed the plasma.

The voltage of the HV output of the coil has to be high enough to simply get across the gap to ionize the gap so what is left in the capacitor (which is most of it) can conduct over the gap. If you have a 80kv from Granatelli that fits your car, that will work good probably but keep in mind with wasted spark coil packs, opposite sides of the engine are opposite polarity. I have a separate video presentation just for wasted spark on http://ignitionsecrets.com and that lays out exactly how I got around that problem.

This is the exact diode I'm using on the Datsun - PRHVP2A-20 - search ebay and you can get the ridiculously cheap. $2 each (free shipping) from Hong Kong.
    Aaron Murakami