2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 6 of 121 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by energyrikard View Post
    My answers are:
    1. The striped lines are the threads, and that's where the ground is. I'm not grounding in the white insulator...

2. When I have the diode connected with diode arrow pointing towards HV, there are no sparks at all. When I remove the diode strings, there are CDI sparks. When I reverse the diode string so the diodes are arrowing towards coil+ then there are CDI sparks again.
    I do understand that you're not grounding the insulator but if those are the threads, that makes it look like you're connecting the HV output from the coil to the center electrode coming out of the threaded end of the plug when it should be going to the HV input at the ceramic end. You are probably doing that so is the plug diagram just not drawn accurately - that is what is confusing.

When you manually trigger the CDI, are you doing it quick then letting go or holding it on there to ground?

One thing that 'could' be an issue, but I really haven't seen it be necessary, is to have the output of the coil go through diodes before the diode from the cdi connects to it. If you already have a string, try that. HV output through diodes, then connect cdi diodes to that instead of direct to the coil.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Thanks for the wire info guys

Carl

Hello Rikard. No plasma yet I'm not that far along yet. Just the 5520 Streetfire MSD and the MSD 8910EIS Tach adapter to make the MSD and my ECM get along.

But the MSD has made a noticible difference, engine starts better, seems torque-ier, and I believe better MPG, though no proper measurements yet. Next will be Torquemaster non resistor plugs from Extreme Spark. Then 0 resistance plug wires, then the attempt for Plasma Jet...
    I am here to both follow/learn and to share anything that may help those of us who seek to extend the frontiers.

Onward. Subadude

Blog Entries
    hvdiode.jpg

Rikard, please try this. Diode from the HV output as recommended.

IF the coil you have is really hv+, then there is no reason this won't work.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Hi fellow tinkerers,

I have taken several looks at your diagram and talked to some friends about it. We are a bit confused as there are several wires missing that are going out from the 5520... I know it's a true newbie question, but can you help me relate your diagram to mine? I have cleaned mine up so it's more clear to exactly how I have connected each wire. Could you specify the wire colours that belongs to the 5520 so that it's clear?

My cleaned up diagram is here: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8248/8...b4112f70_b.jpg

I know Aaron is quite busy so if anyone else wanna try to explain how I should alter my diagram to look like his, that would be so great!

Heaps of thanks!
    And also........ Happy Easter!!!
    Last edited by energyrikard; 03-28-2013 at 09:49 PM.

I think your diodes should be on the coil negative and in the opposite sense

Hi
    The solution.
    Links to the link.:Plasma Spark 1 (Loud!) - YouTube

Regards nyemi

Krisskool, is that how I should interpret Aaron's diagram? Cool, I'll have a crack at it and do it like that. From coil- to hv, and reverse the string direction. Thanks! I'll post here once done. Perhaps the Easter bunny will come with more than chocolate this year!

Blog Entries
    Rikard, I looked at your diagram and it is correct.

The only difference with mine is that the diode is still in the same place but reversed since the HV output is negative.

I have my white wire connected to a collector on a transistor and the emitter goes to ground. There is a magnetic reed switch between the collector and base so when the magnet on the timing wheel triggers that, it sends the white trigger to ground. That is the generator setup anyway. Jet engine is same except it is a 555 circuit triggering a mosfet to drop white wire to ground.

Can you put a HV diode from the HV output like this and REMOVE the diode from the cdi orange wire completely: ?

If it fires fine, then you know the HV output is positive. If it doesn't and it has to be reversed, then you know the coil HV output is negative. I know what you said the company claimed and I don't doubt it but I'd test this anyway.

If it fires fine in the forward direction like shown in the diagram, leave it and then add another diode string between the orange wire and HV output on the far side of the diode as shown. If it still doesn't work - diodes are bad or they have some goofy setup in that coil that it just won't work with. All I know is that every single coil I've used all work.

Try that and see what happens.
    Aaron Murakami

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by energyrikard View Post
    Krisskool, is that how I should interpret Aaron's diagram? Cool, I'll have a crack at it and do it like that. From coil- to hv, and reverse the string direction. Thanks! I'll post here once done. Perhaps the Easter bunny will come with more than chocolate this year!
    The coil on my generator is HV - output and I have the diode in the SAME position as my diagram except it is just flipped in the opposite direction.
    Aaron Murakami