PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 52 of 121 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UseNoFuel View Post
    Aaron, you ststed in the above that your plasma ignition works on modern cars. I assume that you mean cars that don't have the regular ignition coil that you use in the video.
    I have your book Ignition Secrets and as best I can tell only the old style coil is used. I would like very much to be able to use thePlasma Ignition on my car, but I am lost because I have no coil to work with, other than the one inside the distributor. My car is a 1997 Acura CL 3L V6.
    I will be unable to use the plasma ignition until I get some more information. I hope someone will be willing to tell me how to go about using this technology. And a parts list would be most helpful.
    I may also have some helpful information that would allow water to be more useable as a fuel. I have never seen this
    information mentioned anywhere. Thank you for your help. UseNoFuel
    I'm not familiar with the ignition in your car. I did have it hooked up to my 1998 Subaru Legacy GT with a wasted spark ignition coil pack - did a whole presentation on it.

Can you post some pictures and diagrams of your ignition?
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Aaron, I made a mistake in the above post when I said that my 1997 Acura had no coil. It DOES have a coilo and I removed it so I could examine it. It is nothing like I was looking for! The coil has a plug going into it from the wiring harness. The plug carries THREE wires. and, of course, there is a HV wire going to the distributor.
    I looked up coild for this car in the online parts catalog and I see that they offer similar, of not exact, replicas of my coil PLUS regular canister coils which are all 12 volt and all are replacement coils.
    That leaves me to wonder WHY my coil has leads going into it. I suspect that one lead goes back to the Control Module or to the ECU. I do have a new 12 volt canister coil that I could use if I knew how to wire it to the existing 3 wires.
    I am an old time mechanic and I know little about cars since they started using ECU's.
    I know I will need a CDI and HV diode(s). Can you please tell me how to procede ?
    I am sure this is all very simple to you, but not so much for me. Thanks again. UseNoFuel

Blog Entries

pics and diagrams

Aaron, I made a mistake in the above post when I said that my 1997 Acura had no coil. It DOES have a coilo and I removed it so I could examine it. It is nothing like I was looking for! The coil has a plug going into it from the wiring harness. The plug carries THREE wires. and, of course, there is a HV wire going to the distributor.
    I looked up coild for this car in the online parts catalog and I see that they offer similar, of not exact, replicas of my coil PLUS regular canister coils which are all 12 volt and all are replacement coils.
    That leaves me to wonder WHY my coil has leads going into it. I suspect that one lead goes back to the Control Module or to the ECU. I do have a new 12 volt canister coil that I could use if I knew how to wire it to the existing 3 wires.
    I am an old time mechanic and I know little about cars since they started using ECU's.
    I know I will need a CDI and HV diode(s). Can you please tell me how to procede ?
    I am sure this is all very simple to you, but not so much for me. Thanks again. UseNoFuel
    Please post pictures and diagrams.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Aaron, I am trying to send a sketch that I made of my ignition system as I think it should be. I may not be able to send the sketch.I never did this before.Plasma.jpg
    I don't know if this worked or not. If you can't view the image I sent, or tried to send, please tell me where I can send it to you by email. The only thing there is to show is a small coil and a distributor. My diagram shows the way I would wire it from what I understand from your book.My system is different because the signal comes from an ECU instead of from a set of points. I have no way to send a picture unless I copied an image from online. Do you want me to do that? UseNoFuel

Blog Entries
    Aaron, I am trying to send a sketch that I made of my ignition system as I think it should be. I may not be able to send the sketch.I never did this before.
    I don't know if this worked or not. If you can't view the image I sent, or tried to send, please tell me where I can send it to you by email. The only thing there is to show is a small coil and a distributor. My diagram shows the way I would wire it from what I understand from your book.My system is different because the signal comes from an ECU instead of from a set of points. I have no way to send a picture unless I copied an image from online. Do you want me to do that? UseNoFuel
    I can see the image, might be a few issues there.

If that is a real normal distributor cap, putting the HV diode there will make plasma between the rotor connecting and the contact inside the cap for each plug. It is better to take the diode and connect it to the top of each spark plug under the plug cable boot. You'll bypass the resistance of the cables. You have to be very careful that you aren't sparking over to the engine block, etc... I'm not sure of the rest of the diagram, I see what you're getting at but there should be a harness adapter for your ignition coil - the engine power and trigger wires normally go into the CDI and the CDI has an output that goes to the coil - looks like you have it drawn in parallel somewhat meaning both the cdi and engine harness are directly connected to the coil.
    Aaron Murakami

What would happen I put peaking capacitors an lost spark ignition?????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zonman View Post
    What would happen I put peaking capacitors an lost spark ignition?????
    You can put those in parallel with the plug gap. They would be high voltage very low capacitance AC caps most likely and polarity doesn't matter.
    Aaron Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    I can see the image, might be a few issues there.

If that is a real normal distributor cap, putting the HV diode there will make plasma between the rotor connecting and the contact inside the cap for each plug. It is better to take the diode and connect it to the top of each spark plug under the plug cable boot. You'll bypass the resistance of the cables. You have to be very careful that you aren't sparking over to the engine block, etc... I'm not sure of the rest of the diagram, I see what you're getting at but there should be a harness adapter for your ignition coil - the engine power and trigger wires normally go into the CDI and the CDI has an output that goes to the coil - looks like you have it drawn in parallel somewhat meaning both the cdi and engine harness are directly connected to the coil.
    Aaron, I thought the HOT spark would be too much for the distributor to handle. And I agree that the HOT spark should be delivered dorectly to the plugs. However, I am at a loss to imagine how this could be accomplished without sending the same spark to all six plugs unless I had six independent systems, one for each plug. Can you please shed some light on this issue?
    As for the way I show the CDI being connected, I don't have a CDI yet that should show how to correctly connect it. I was simply going by the way you show the CDI being connected in your published diagram. I didn't really think the trigger signal should connect with the output lead of the CDI. I imagined it would have a separate connection. I will obtain the CDI when I am sure I know enough to be able to make it work properly.
    I believe you mentioned in your 3 of 3 video above that the diode you used to contact the spark plug had a value of
    20K volts. I believe you also mentioned that the diode had a value of 12K volts. I haven't been able to find a source for
    diodes with these values. I would like to know the value of the diode that I need to use AND where that diode may be obtained.
    I am learning a lot and I do believe that with a little more of your help I will be able to complete this project.
    UseNoFuel

Blog Entries
    Aaron, I thought the HOT spark would be too much for the distributor to handle. And I agree that the HOT spark should be delivered dorectly to the plugs. However, I am at a loss to imagine how this could be accomplished without sending the same spark to all six plugs unless I had six independent systems, one for each plug. Can you please shed some light on this issue?
    As for the way I show the CDI being connected, I don't have a CDI yet that should show how to correctly connect it. I was simply going by the way you show the CDI being connected in your published diagram. I didn't really think the trigger signal should connect with the output lead of the CDI. I imagined it would have a separate connection. I will obtain the CDI when I am sure I know enough to be able to make it work properly.
    I believe you mentioned in your 3 of 3 video above that the diode you used to contact the spark plug had a value of
    20K volts. I believe you also mentioned that the diode had a value of 12K volts. I haven't been able to find a source for
    diodes with these values. I would like to know the value of the diode that I need to use AND where that diode may be obtained.
    I am learning a lot and I do believe that with a little more of your help I will be able to complete this project.
    UseNoFuel
    Did you study the whole ignition system package? If not, you can find most of the material free on Energetic Forum in the water sparkplug threads.

The cap will only discharge over the sparkplug that gets the high voltage spark to initiate the plasma impulse.

If it is 6 cylinder and the diode connects to the top of all 6 plugs, the cap will only discharge over the one that has the high voltage spark initiated by the rotor/cap contact for whatever particular plug.

If there is no hv spark at a plug, the cap cannot discharge there across the plug.

This is what I use for diode(s) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00BN2NGSM

Do you know if your ignition coil delivers a HV positive or negative to the plugs?

Either way, if you can get an off the shelf cdi that is made for your car with no modifications other than the harness to connect it all, just by adding the diode(s) in the right places, you should have the plasma.

You need non resistor plugs and of course this is all at your own risk.
    Aaron Murakami

Thanks, Aaron. I understand more about how this works.
    About the polarity of the spark from the coil, I do not know. I would assume it is POSITIVE, simply because the GROUND on this car is NEGATIVE and the spark seeks the ground.
    I tried to use the information that you sent last post about the DIODES. However I could find no results on Amazon. If you could please tell me the values of the diodes you use, I could possibly find a match. I found a few with a 20K or 30K voltage rating but they have an amp rating of only a few mA. I am not sure what the power rating must be.Thanks again! UseNoFuel