Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 50 of 123 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

I have seen and read the latest Ignition Secrets for Wasted Spark. It is for sure a must have if your goal is to point the diodes towards the spark plugs, so that you later can add some booster caps....
    You see, if not all your plugs are firing HV+ it is not possible to add the booster cap.
    Aaron has been doing very good work here. Thanks a lot!

Here is a cheap coil with HV + and HV - Should be good for some experimenting!

Here is a more expensive double coil, but I like the above one better because it has better terminals for connecting the diode to the lv+

Here is the best priced high power MDS I could find tonight!

Here is the best priced 30 kv 2A diode I know of.

30 kv wire is found here

Buy you spark plug wires from here, because they sell very low resistance wire and it is easy too hook up the diode wire under the boot.

Good place for working out how much BANG you have in your cap!

What seems to be a good power supply, if you ever need to go big!

Heat a stainless steel pipe 316 l with HHO gas and spray water on it, that is part of what they do in the Dominican Republic for fuel.

Here on this page there is some good info about water. Water Cannon is a good document, but it seems like they never figured out the mixing of the high voltage and low voltage high current from the capacitor over a spark gap. When that charge hits to positive on the battery going "wrong" way through the diode... and when the diode close the first and easy path to lower potential, so the charge must find another ground over another spark gap connected to the same battery that things happen, at least on my bench top!

Oh, I am also pretty sure EV GRAY had his car starting batteries in series, and not in parallel like shown in his patent!

Nikola Tesla said, NO REVERSE CURRENT.

I hope all this will accelerate learning! Go and make some plasma now!
    Last edited by ThankyouBedini; 08-28-2015 at 11:38 PM.

I would like to know if NGK or DENSO iridium spark plugs will work in plasma ignition purposes. Would you know the type of iridium spark plugs that have no resistor?

Another no progress update...

Hello all. Please forgive me for not paying more attention to this thread as I just discovered a month old message in my inbox here...

I have literally not touched the current project all summer as I am still working to complete various outdoor projects before winter sets in.
    I did produce a short video detailing some of these things here-

And I just acquired a used cargo container to help me get reorganized around here so I have been spending the last few weeks just doing a lot of cleanup and reorganization in the house, garage and my two tiny workshops. And just discovered the last remaining tree on this property is now dead so this may be another task I need to take care of soon as well as some other landscaping needs. Which is why I bought a 'fixer upper' tractor with front loader only to realize this 'collector's item' basically needed every major system fixed. Including Fuel System, Electrical system, Charging system, Starting system, Cooling system, Hydraulic system, Instrumentation system, Ignition system and Brake system just so it can be used reliably. And only then to run into additional challenges such carburetor and fuel pump issues even though I had already rebuilt these two things.

Believe it or not, this may actually be related to this thread as I have now installed a carburetor on this engine that has a fully adjustable main jet which may come in really handy IF I am to convert this old tractor to a plasma ignition system and water based fuel system...
    See: www.furaffinity.net/view/17732264/

This tractor also has a pretty unique "hot plate" configuration incorporating a steel plate between the exhaust and intake manifold directly below the carburetor to provide for extra vaporization of the fuel by way of hot exhaust gas that heats said plate. This could come in REAL handy in consideration of alternative, water based fuels.

Please forgive my failure to complete any more work on this plasma ignition project which I DO intend to resume this fall or winter as time and energy permits.

I did notice in this thread a mention of reed switch issues.
    Don't forget that I was able to implement a more standard automotive style timing system by way of simply attaching a modified reluctor and pickup coil that is commonly used in automotive distributors and produces exactly the type of input the MSD system is designed for. (See my previous thread entries, images and videos)

Please bear with me as I REALLY want to get more work done on this project but many other projects have simply taken priority that ARE getting done.
    It just takes time and the outdoor stuff must get done first and not even sure if I can get everything done that I want to accomplish this year before winter...

Kindest regards;

}:>
    Last edited by Scorch; 09-20-2015 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Correction.

Use heatsink with MOSFET if you have the heating problem. It will work, but wisely choose the Heat Sink size and design. For testing purpose use the low duty cycle. For this use the variable resistor. Also clear that why you want to use the diodes with 555? what is the need of using diodes with 555?
    Last edited by LarsHudec; 10-07-2015 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouBedini View Post
    Here is a video to demonstrate that by pulsing the positive post on the 12 volt battery the bang gets way louder.

How it would work with a 24 volt battery I will find out later...
    Since this method gives the best bang, I strongly feel that somebody should try it in an engine to explode some water vapor....
    Hi Thankyoubedini,
    Just a advice, please try making some support for the tri-electrode set up, you will certainly get better performance! currently the wooden rest for the electrodes with the water sprayed will conduct and hamper the Spark-Discharge path...
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

No progress progress report

Wow... I see only two new posts since my last update back in September. . .

I finally got around to doing more work on this project this weekend but only accomplished some final wire connections.
    After completing the few remaining wiring connections; I discovered that this CDI system is not energizing the coil. . .

Don't know why. The device is either defective or may have been hit with a high voltage spike due to an improper ground or some such thing.

Has anybody here had any problems with their MSD ignition system or actually has one of these systems working ok on a small engine and with a solid plug wire?

I do have another CDI on order and did produce a another update video.

That is all for now and happy Thanksgiving to all.

Kindest regards;

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Windstorm here on the 17th knocked out power to about 200,000 homes and businesses. Many are still down.

I've been living on my generator with the plasma and did a video - will post when I can.

Using it to power everything during the day and power a big battery charger to charge my 12v 450ah bank then running on battery at night so its silent.

With the generator, kept cutting out on the stock ignition. I might have damaged the magneto coil in the past, but it won't run steady on anything but the plasma.

The cable I'm using is a regular high performance cable with resistance - don't know the specs - what do you mean by solid plug wire?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
    Wow... I see only two new posts since my last update back in September. . .

I finally got around to doing more work on this project this weekend but only accomplished some final wire connections.
    After completing the few remaining wiring connections; I discovered that this CDI system is not energizing the coil. . .

Don't know why. The device is either defective or may have been hit with a high voltage spike due to an improper ground or some such thing.

Has anybody here had any problems with their MSD ignition system or actually has one of these systems working ok on a small engine and with a solid plug wire?

I do have another CDI on order and did produce a another update video.

That is all for now and happy Thanksgiving to all.

Kindest regards;

Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here is a video with my plasma setup on the motor that I used during the power outage.

http://emediapress.com/2015/11/30/20...the-lights-on/
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Hey Aaron.

Is certainly nice to see this same ignition module working on another small engine.

I have received a replacement module but I have also been dealing with a lot of distractions around here including typical holiday demands, a new roommate and I just had to replace the clutch in step van #2. And I am very grateful the weather was nice for this pain in the tail repair job I performed outdoors last week when I would have preferred doing pretty much anything else. . .

Do you think you will ever be able to work with water or fuel/water hybrid such as water and alcohol?

I think it might be possible to run on pure water or at least a water dominant fuel such as 80% water to 20% alcohol...

I wish you well and happy holidays.

Kindest regards;

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    Here is a video with my plasma setup on the motor that I used during the power outage.

http://emediapress.com/2015/11/30/20...the-lights-on/