Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

thnx dowens. yes. i plan to use the original stock boots now i've figured out how to take them apart and reassemble them. i'll use low resistance plug wires and connect the diode wire to the spark plug end through a hole drilled in the boot cap. hope that fixes the problem.

heres a link for diodes on ebay. 20kv 2 amps 10.88 for 2 isnt bad at all.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/321525013297...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I ordered 100 6a100 diodes for my build to have four 25 diode strings as Aaron suggested. One for each plug.

I'm not sure yet should I make the plasma spark only to the trailing plugs, since I've heard that rotary is very sensitive for knock. It does have a knock sensor though, I'm just not sure how much the stock ignition can and should be delayed using spark like this... I'm ordering granatelli 0 ohm wires too, so I should be able to make the hv dc contact to the coil side (?)

So does the high spark density of rotary engine make problems with diy plasma ignition system made with cheapo ac inverter? Its rev limiter is at 9500 rpm and with two rotors, it should ignite 6x9500= 57000 times/minute or 950 times/sec at that point. Is this possible with the diy setup I talked about? Should it have some special capacitors to keep up with the speed?

I might take videos, dunno yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    I ordered 100 6a100 diodes for my build to have four 25 diode strings as Aaron suggested. One for each plug.

I'm not sure yet should I make the plasma spark only to the trailing plugs, since I've heard that rotary is very sensitive for knock. It does have a knock sensor though, I'm just not sure how much the stock ignition can and should be delayed using spark like this... I'm ordering granatelli 0 ohm wires too, so I should be able to make the hv dc contact to the coil side (?)

So does the high spark density of rotary engine make problems with diy plasma ignition system made with cheapo ac inverter? Its rev limiter is at 9500 rpm and with two rotors, it should ignite 6x9500= 57000 times/minute or 950 times/sec at that point. Is this possible with the diy setup I talked about? Should it have some special capacitors to keep up with the speed?

I might take videos, dunno yet.
    Look up charge/joule/power calculator/ so you don't burn out converter. Use isolation transformer between inverter/ FWB.

Spark gap.
    Yesterday I changed my spark plugs. This time I did not remove the j-strap, but made the gap about 3 mm.
    That gave me more power, and the engine was running much better, more responsive. The ignition timing is still TDC on the 1984 Land Cruiser with a straight six.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouBedini View Post
    Spark gap.
    I did not remove the j-strap, but made the gap about 3 mm.
    Field effect over insulator surface between electrodes differ widely between types of spark plugs and does influence the optimum gap for each type and engine. So this was a good fine-tune!
    Last edited by Willem Coetzee; 04-09-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dowens View Post
    ...second plug is trailing for the exhaust on the rotoray... like the waste spark in a regular 4 stroke motor...
    Aha, thanks dowens! I see RX-8 has 4 coils - 1/spark plug. This is a blessing for Mika, since on the RX-8 coil-per-plug setup, then, it makes things a bit more straightforward.

Would you agree that the first plug leading then would contribute the most to the actual fuel combustion and therefore need the higher priority for plasma ignition?
    Last edited by Willem Coetzee; 04-09-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    I should be able to make the hv dc contact to the coil side (?) ... Should it have some special capacitors to keep up with the speed? I might take videos, dunno yet.
    Hi Mika,

Your plasma system output should connect ON the spark plugs... see a few pages back how ThankyouBedini did his hv-wire-to-spark plug connections on his Toyota Land Cruiser... see also how Subadude in this thread's early pages did his plasma CDI hv-wire-to-spark plug connections.

To help you look into capacitor charge speed and frequencies maybe maxc can suggest a good sight with a link to it?.

We can all help to see whats possible and what is less possible if you can post the ratings of the following parts:

- Inverter Output V & A
    - Capacitor V & uF
    - Bridge Rectifier Diode specs

IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THE VIDEO POSTING, YOU WILL JUST LOVE TO POST YOUR SYSTEM WHEN ITS FINALLY WORKING!!!
    Last edited by Willem Coetzee; 04-09-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Mika, It should keep up I believe. It'd be like a Ford 2.3l that has 2 plugs a cylinder, shouldn't be a problem. Trial and error on if you need other caps, I think you'll be ok.I think there were old Datsuns that had 2 plugs a cylinder too. I'd like to get my hands on one of those motors, I think people would see different results as far as experimenting other fuels with 2 plugs,

William, yeah. The first plug would be the one to start with. I had a 87 b12 motor rx-7,pretty cool little engine. I think the other plug is there cause it's not like a piston, but it still needs that exhaust spark is all.