No announcement yet.

Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a schematic anywhere of how this was done? I have big variety in consumtion based if i drive my car cold or hot. I do think my MPG could come from 38 to somewhere around 45MPG as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beebrox View Post
      Is there a schematic anywhere of how this was done? I have big variety in consumtion based if i drive my car cold or hot. I do think my MPG could come from 38 to somewhere around 45MPG as well.
      He posted all of his work in Energetic Forum. You'd just have to Google it - quicker than using the forum search.
      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• I suspect the plasma ignition will have to be handled in a similar way to HHO injection, which means using some sort of EFIE trick on a modern car, or some other means of making sure the engine ECU does not make the mixture richer.

Comment

• Hi Aaron and friends. I wonder, can we make more spark output energy. for examaple one of igniton says :Spark Output 1,200 Millijoules. how can we make this output energy 1 loule or more? or Can we? is it possibile? if yes how, if not why? can you explain. thanks.
          Last edited by hgul; 12-01-2014, 06:54 AM. Reason: added

Comment

• Originally posted by serendipitor View Post
            I suspect the plasma ignition will have to be handled in a similar way to HHO injection, which means using some sort of EFIE trick on a modern car, or some other means of making sure the engine ECU does not make the mixture richer.
            Yes for gas mileage benefits but not if someone just wants more power and modify the air flow sensor whether it is MAP or MAF.
            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Originally posted by hgul View Post
              Hi Aaron and friends. I wonder, can we make more spark output energy. for examaple one of igniton says :Spark Output 1,200 Millijoules. how can we make this output energy 1 loule or more? or Can we? is it possibile? if yes how, if not why? can you explain. thanks.
              Do you mean increase in POWER? One plug claims something like 1 million watts impulse. That is possible - just need to discharge x joules of potential in a small enough time. Technically, this is a power increase and not an energy increase since it is the same potential energy just being discharged in a shorter period of time. However, x energy at a high power does do things that x energy at low power cannot. But with a strong enough impulse, the gap in and of itself becomes a source of potential energy because it just broke the symmetry of the vacuum energy in a big way (polarize aether) and that source potential can come into the circuit at the gap from the environment so that actually does increase the energy. It is an "overunity" effect - not sure if that is what you're getting to but that is the only way there is a real energy increase and that extra did not get supplied by the capacitor. That overunity gap effect is my personal opinion but is consistent with known natural principles.
              Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                Do you mean increase in POWER? One plug claims something like 1 million watts impulse. That is possible - just need to discharge x joules of potential in a small enough time.
                how can I do this ? only changing capacitance ? is it enough? if yes which one ? for 1 joule ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hgul View Post
                  how can I do this ? only changing capacitance ? is it enough? if yes which one ? for 1 joule ?
                  You have to make the discharge path as low of resistance as possible - low resistance plug, low resistance wire (if you're discharging through cables to a plug), etc.

Anything you do with the plasma ignition will automatically have a high power impulse. If the capacitor will discharge across the gap, then it's automatic.

For increase in power for example, the Pulstar plug claims: Our Pulstar® with PlasmaCore plugs feature a patented capacitor in the core of the plug that stores and compresses the energy delivered by the engine’s ignition coil over a relatively long period of time (micro-seconds) and rapidly releases it in a matter of nano-seconds, increasing the amount of peak discharge power from 50 watts (typical of ultra-premium spark plugs) to over 5,000,000 watts. This initial burst of power produces a plasma field that sensitizes the fuel mixture – preparing it for instantaneous ignition upon spark creation.

The Pulstar plug is nothing more than a peaking cap built into the spark plug and they still claim 5 million watts peak impulse power.

I've seen some current charts on the plasma ignition but don't recall a peak impulse measurement but I believe it will be stronger than a peaking cap since the capacitor for the plasma ignition will deliver way more current.
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

• I am trying to get a grasp on how to change the ignition timing on modern cars, but find it hard...
                    Old cars with a distributer would be an easy match, strobe light, loosen bolt, turn it, fasten it!
                    How is it done on a modern car?
                    Thanks!

Comment

• on some styles and models of vehicles you can get them "chipped" this changes the fuel mapping and other parameters. its not easy unless you buy a very expensive programmer:

http://www.autoanything.com/performa.../10A50207.aspx

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Thanks, after looking at different models for a long time, I think I have to find my self a very old car!

Comment

• Hi ThankyouBedini

One can usually change the base timing by moving the cam angle sensor or crank angle sensor, usually one needs to short out a "test port" usually located under the hood. However, once you un-short that port, the ECU (ignition and air/fuel ratio computer, or engine management system) struggles to pull the system back to pre-set parameters.

Fortunately, on some vehicles, there is the ability to plug into the diagnostic port with an adaptor to a laptop with tuning software and change the parameters by "flashing the map," though that capability is usually hidden (check forums in regard to your vehicle).

If yours is not one of those, some companies have developed ways to make your existing ECU programmable--like this one specializing in high performance turbocharged Mitsubishi platforms (my favourite) http://www.ecmtuning.com/index.php?cPath=25

However, if that is not possible, check http://www.diyautotune.com/ and see if they have a version of "Megesquirt" (a stand-alone replacement programmable ECU--some are "plug-and-play), usually about $400-$500 with appropriate accessories, and when installed you should be able to access all your vehicles tuning parameters and adjust them...hope that helps...

James
                          Last edited by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho; 12-16-2014, 05:57 AM.
                          Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Comment

• A Shipment came with many new diodes and a new ignition coil.
                            When it put it to test I found out that even this coil is a high voltage positive!
                            How can I find a high voltage negative coil?

I would like to run booster caps for experimentation.
                            I want to point my diodes towards top of the spark plug.

The new coil can make plasma, but only with the diodes pointing towards the MDS.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThankyouBedini View Post
                              A Shipment came with many new diodes and a new ignition coil.
                              When it put it to test I found out that even this coil is a high voltage positive!
                              How can I find a high voltage negative coil?

I would like to run booster caps for experimentation.
                              I want to point my diodes towards top of the spark plug.

The new coil can make plasma, but only with the diodes pointing towards the MDS.
                              If it is a "can/selinder" type of coil, just swop the primary terminals - this might change coil HV output to negative.

Are you now sitting with 2 HV positive coils?

If so, if I where you, I would have used the weakest of the two as a "pulse charger" for booster caps, by just switching normal 12 volt with NO condenser or cap (its the oscillations that makes the HV in points switching). If you switch with transistor, just lower the input volts till you only have a few 100s of volts output so you can charge your booster caps.

And capacitors can be almost "flash" charged.

I have a little electronic mosquito swatter that charges its cap up to 2000 volts from 3 volt battery in about 1-2 seconds (obviously almost no milliamps even). This is what I used in my first experiments WITHOUT a coil at all - just connected the 2 cap output wires directly onto the spark plug. On a resister spark plug (ngk with R in the plug code) it fired a small orange/yellow spark. On a Non-Resister spark plug (ngk without R in plug code) it blasted LOUD blue thunder claps... up to about 2 mm or so... but I burnt the components by helding in the fire button to long... just could not help loving the sight and sound of a miniature little thing that could repetitively blast a louder and bigger spark than a normal car ignition.

Yip, that's the difference between a pure cap discharge, and normal inductive auto ignition discharge.

To get plasma you need HV that is switched in UNDER 25ns. So the diode method switches in around 10ns.
                              Last edited by Willem Coetzee; 12-28-2014, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• I haven't posted an update in a while. Yesterday, I finally received my 0 ohms resistance plug cables from Granatelli Motorsports. They have a ferrite ring on the cable for noise suppression.

First, I'll change my non-resistor plugs again and the new ones, I'll probably cut off the whole ground strap. Install the cables and I might have to replace the ignition coil because the MSD I believe blew wire to plug #1 - so it couldn't fire properly and probably shorted inside, misfiring #1 still. I already have a 2nd coil so should be quick and easy. Once this is all set, I'll just test everything for a few days... then I'll do some mods to get plasma on all 4 plugs. I also received my 2nd ham radio diode so I will dedicated one diode per 2 plugs.

Will post later.
                                Aaron Murakami

Comment

Working...
                                X