Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 17 of 121 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

I tested this plasma on my car with one plug and it worked great. So then I went to put it on all 4 plugs, but I think i wired it wrong. It went from + LV of coil then to diode string then split into 4 wires that then went to the sparkplugs. I then tried to start the car and it did not start. So, I took it all apart and tried the same way I first got the plasma, and no spark at all. If i disconnect the diode sting, i get cdi spark. I tried the diode string both directions. I also tried a new diode string both directions and still no plasma and no spark. Did I damage something? My car WILL start as normal without plasma setup. Any ideas?

Hi Bradford,

1) check the charging circuit

2) check the capacitor condition..

Rgds,

Faraday88.

I still get cdi sparks and the weaker normal coil sparks when the diodes are disconnected. I use a MSD street fire cdi. Could it still be this MSD cdi that is the problem if I can get the bigger cdi sparks? Also, I changed the diode strings from long straight lines to bent back and forth. (Side by side diodes) to make it shorter. Would this stop plasma?

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bradford View Post
    I still get cdi sparks and the weaker normal coil sparks when the diodes are disconnected. I use a MSD street fire cdi. Could it still be this MSD cdi that is the problem if I can get the bigger cdi sparks? Also, I changed the diode strings from long straight lines to bent back and forth. (Side by side diodes) to make it shorter. Would this stop plasma?
    The diode string shape won't make a difference. When the diodes are connected you just get a weak spark can only be a few things but is usually from blown diode(s). If the plasma worked with one plug, the at least you know it works with that coil and the polarity is correct.

When you have the plasma on one plug - you just had the plug on top of valve cover or something to see that it actually makes the plasma?

Should work like you described but for a car, I'd make a good connection from the + of the ignition coil and run a separate string to the top of each plug - if you don't and the diodes hold up probably fine but it would reduce the workout the diodes get.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Hi Aaron. I had one sparkplug out on valve cover (first attempt). It was awesome, loud and bright flashes and it would explode water. After 2nd attempt trying all 4 plugs, car wouldn't start. So i went back to just one plug as in first attempt. I get no spark with diodes connected. But I get cdi sparks with diodes disconnected. I'm wondering if I messed something up. I had all sparkplugs connected at their tops and then to diode string (30 diodes 6A 1000v each) then to + LV.

I also tried new diode string both directions. No spark while connected to diodes.

Tried it again just now after 2 days of not messing with it. Got strong plasma for about 10 seconds then nothing at all. No sparking at all with diodes connected. ????

Would having all plugs connected to each other cause damage to anything?

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The only think I can think of right now is - does your ignition coil have a single output or is it like a wasted spark ignition with multiple output terminals one for each plug going to different sides of the engine? If so, most of those have one polarity on one side and the opposite polarity on the other so on the opposite side would need another diode string in the opposite direction.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Coil is single output. On the first attempt I had each cylinder firing with plasma one at a time. I think I will check all connections and grounds then take MSD cdi apart and check capacitor.