PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Joseph View Post
    Thanks Aaron and Peter for the hard work at the conference. It was great to meet everyone in person.
    I am working on running 2002 chevy on the plasma system. Your book is definately worth the price. I have the streetfire and will hook it up first. I am modifying the intake manafold to receive mointure from a pond fogger and mix it with exhaust in the intake manafold. Next I will try to defeat the o2 senors with E.F.I.E.
    I will keep you posted.

At the conference Peter"s talk showed a heat exchanger pattent heating and cooling at 30 psi? Would you please send me the pattent #?
    Happiness and Joy Jeffrey Joseph
    Thanks Jeffery! Here is the patent: John Huston -- Heat from Air John Huston.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Working Plasma Ignition Circuit

Please watch this video of my plasma ignition installed in my 660cc minivan with carburetor. I installed this on March 2013 til now i don't have problem with it. Plasma igntion installed in van - YouTube

To Aron,

First of all, Thank you very much kind explanation as well as video clips.
    The videos are very helpful experiments for everybody.

To Akosiwilly.

Thank you for sharing your experience and set up of your vehicle.
    I have a couple of questions.

(1) Did you install the Aaron plasma ignition set up or different set up ?
    (2) How many mileage gain did you get by the plasma system ?

Thank You.

I used a very rugged inverter with an output of 5 amperes maximum to charge my cap 2.2uf 450 volts. i have actually series of caps intalled with i connect with multi switch potentiometer to study the effect of different capacitance in the plasma. so far the best capacitance in my car is just the 2.2uf. i think aaron's setup does not have an inverter. i tried his setup but it did not work in my car i don't know why. two benefits i have observed with plasma ignition setup in my car. one is my engine runs very smoothly and the other one from 12km/l fuel consumption now i'm having 17km/l. you can find a good schematic of inverter which only employs 2 2n3055 transistor in CHEMELEC there is also a simple inverter with mosfets in that site
    Last edited by akosiwilly; 08-26-2013 at 10:57 PM.

To akosiwilly

Thank you for your kind answer.
    Would you share with us your set up's schematic diagram.
    It will be very helpful for everybody.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by luishan; 08-26-2013 at 11:09 PM.

This is the inverter circuit is used from chemelec.com. its easy and cheap to build. in my set up the maximum output is about 180 AC volts only since this is not efficient but it works great. I suggest that build one instead of buying commercial since you are still experimenting. Inverter.jpg. the next graphic is the capacitor discharge circuit.

from the AC output of the inverter from chemelec.com connect the bridge rectifier.capacitor discharge circuit.jpg

Thank you very much your kind cooperation.
    I upload a diagram for real hook up to vehicle.

(1) What is the ohm value of the 100 watt resistor ?
    (2) Am I made right connection ?

I heard that the Aaron's set up could not get MPG gain.
    But your set up get very good MPG gain.

(3) Does it any problem for real world everyday use ?

Thank you.

Inverter Plasam Diagram.jpg

1. the resistor is 100 ohms 50 to 100 watts. 100watts is better. you can buy it from ebay.
    2. the electrolytic cap should be placed across after the resistor and the negative of the bridge rectifier and not on the ground of the vehicle. it must be isolated from car ground. the string of diode should be connected ONLY in the POSITIVE side after the capacitor. the NEGATIVE of the bridge rectifier and cap connects to the engine ground (negative) ONLY. in your diagram never connect the negative and positive to the diodes it will be SHORTED. i've watched i video connecting a coil to the ground from the plasma circuit (though i haven't tried it) and it looks better with less voltage clapping between the sparkplug electrodes.
    3. so far i don't have any problem running my car using this plasma circuit. the only problem i have is the corrosion of the center electrode of the resistorless spark plug especially if i do some switching to high capacitance caps. I have 6 caps connected to a multi-selector potentiometer just for experimental purposes. so that i can choose between low and high caps. 2.2 to 4.7 uf is i think best enough in my setup. bigger caps produce big and loud spark. switching to high value caps also draw high current from the inverter.
    Last edited by akosiwilly; 08-28-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akosiwilly View Post
    1. the resistor is 100 ohms 50 to 100 watts. 100watts is better. you can buy it from ebay.
    2. the electrolytic cap should be placed across after the resistor and the negative of the bridge rectifier and not on the ground of the vehicle. it must be isolated from car ground. the string of diode should be connected ONLY in the POSITIVE side after the capacitor. the NEGATIVE of the bridge rectifier and cap connects to the engine ground (negative) ONLY. in your diagram never connect the negative and positive to the diodes it will be SHORTED. i've watched i video connecting a coil to the ground from the plasma circuit (though i haven't tried it) and it looks better with less voltage clapping between the sparkplug electrodes.
    3. so far i don't have any problem running my car using this plasma circuit. the only problem i have is the corrosion of the center electrode of the resistorless spark plug especially if i do some switching to high capacitance caps. I have 6 caps connected to a multi-selector potentiometer just for experimental purposes. so that i can choose between low and high caps. 2.2 to 4.7 uf is i think best enough in my setup. bigger caps produce big and loud spark. switching to high value caps also draw high current from the inverter.

Hi akosiwilly,

Just 2 questions:

1. Do I then take the negative battery cable OFF an engine to isolate the system, because if the inverter and capacitor/s are connected to the engine their current will influence the alternator and starter, and maybe also other sensors that use the engine's negative ground?

2. Is THIS what you mean by your above answer to Luishan?

The capacitor/s should ONLY be connected:
    • POSITIVE between diode array anode and the resistor, and resistor connected to bridge rectifier POSITIVE;
    • NEGATIVE to the negative of the bridge rectifier AND the engine. Both the NEGATIVES of bridge and cap should be connected to the engine
    • Never connect bridge or cap to vehicle ground - it must be isolated from car ground.

The diode strings should ONLY be connected:
    • ANODE through resistor to bridge POSITIVE and directly to capacitor POSITIVE;
    • CATHODE to spark plug center electrode.
    • Never connect diodes to both the bridge negative and positive: it will be SHORTED.
    Last edited by Willem Coetzee; 08-29-2013 at 03:59 AM.