2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,212 of 1212

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

I never used plasma on the car yet, just the spark prolonger
    Car is light weight city type car with 800cc 3 cylinder kettering ignition F8B engine.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maruti_800

But what I noticed when I experimented with bike is that when I hooked up spark prolonger on my bike without plasma, exhaust smell was very much similar to with plasma (very less irritating to eyes and nose)
    I did try hooking up spark prolonger and plasma in series on my bike and did not notice any more differences.

Which means it is the next best thing to plasma if not closer without the additional load put on alternator by the plasma inverter.

I may try putting a small inverter on the car to try and replicate plasma on it, but not anytime soon. It requires a lot of effort compared to bike.

1 thing I noticed is that bigger the capacitor on plasma that much better the efficiency becomes but at the expense of spark plug life.

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firozmusthafa View Post
    I never used plasma on the car yet, just the spark prolonger
    Car is light weight city type car with 800cc 3 cylinder kettering ignition F8B engine.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maruti_800

But what I noticed when I experimented with bike is that when I hooked up spark prolonger on my bike without plasma, exhaust smell was very much similar to with plasma (very less irritating to eyes and nose)
    I did try hooking up spark prolonger and plasma in series on my bike and did not notice any more differences.

Which means it is the next best thing to plasma if not closer without the additional load put on alternator by the plasma inverter.

I may try putting a small inverter on the car to try and replicate plasma on it, but not anytime soon. It requires a lot of effort compared to bike.

1 thing I noticed is that bigger the capacitor on plasma that much better the efficiency becomes but at the expense of spark plug life.
    Interesting, it's a Kei Car - Suzuki Alto.

If you have a MSD or CDI module to hook to the car, it should be very simple to hookup - would be identical to how I did it on my Datsun pickup truck.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller