No announcement yet.

Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes this is Honda cbf150 unicorn variant motorcycle.
    Here is the link for LPC plugs:
    https://store.usalpc.com/product/int...nt-spark-plug/

There is a secondary air injection built in to exhaust valve chamber design supplies fresh air to exhaust for meeting CO emission requirements. This had an o ring for avoiding oil entering this chamber. O ring was not tight fit,I applied some gasket maker and so far its holding up well.

After decarbonizing my engine, my bike exhaust is so much cleaner and giving off crazy amount of steam after 3000rpm
    Before decarbonizing (with oil leak) there was horrible smell which is now gone.

I am seeing this much amount of steam from my engine for first time after doing power lynz. At first, I mistaken it for oil burning. I even did glass fogging test on exhaust.

If my understanding is correct, this could be the consequence of power lynz. Steam was observed after running straight 30kms with 108 main jet (originally 115 main jet) with throttle position sensor connected and without detonation. What I am interested is to see how long this benefit would last considering the poor quality of gasoline available(its looks adulterated)

Crank case gases are so clean that there is no visible smoke even with a laser test.

Comment

• I got an email from rock auto today - NGK is now selling Ruthenium spark plugs, another rare metal similar to Iridium.

Comment

• Just checked NGK Ruthenium spark plug design. I can guarantee that it won't be suitable for plasma based on my experience with iridiums(it did not outlast cheap nickel non resistor spark plug). Sure it can give much better life with conventional ignition. But plasma is very different.

Sharp thin electrode would quickly vaporize iridium and tungsten. Ruthenium is no different in this regard. If there is considerable surface area for spark erosion, like in surface discharge design it would hold up for a very long time.

I like to think about it this way:
        Hammering a needle like point on another metal, no matter how hard the needle tip is made of, the pressure is way too high, whereas hammering on a larger surface area, not so much.

In case of plasma, concentrating huge plasma impulse on a sharp point is similar to the above analogy. My understanding is that plasma temperature is way over any known material, so electrode erosion is inevitable.

So key to better durability of plug is distributing spark erosion by increasing the surface area of the electrode in the spark gap.

Comment

• Hi guys, I'm new at this forum which has so much knowledge to be learned, I'm so much intrigued about 'plasma ignition' which, i presumed to be a diy thing, judging from the comments (pages 1-116). I've read about 60mpg in one comment. Q: how about showing data (before and after plasma ignition)? Does someone have a 'install and forget' device for non-diyer's? I understand this plasma thing is only for gasoline, right? Sorry for interrupting.

Comment

• Hi Nuvists,

Originally posted by nuvisys View Post
            ..................... I understand this plasma thing is only for gasoline, right? ..................

It can be used with any fuel that is spark ignited in the engine such as gasoline, alcohol, L.P., nitro-methane, ammonia, etc. Walt Jenkins can even burn water with plasma ignition. Check out his web site here. https://www.h2ge.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
              Hi Nuvists,

It can be used with any fuel that is spark ignited in the engine such as gasoline, alcohol, L.P., nitro-methane, ammonia, etc. Walt Jenkins can even burn water with plasma ignition. Check out his web site here. https://www.h2ge.com/
              Gary Hammond, your link floored me, I am still dazed after reading the site. Caught me with my pants down. Today is not April 1st, right?

I thought that anybody who could make a vehicle run on water will be visited by the MIB. That's a myth, then. WJ will disrupt the oil industry. Q: does Trump know this? Our technology is concentrated on diesel emissions, not only on gasoline engines, thank God, otherwise we'll be in deep s**t. Our invention is still safe, then.

Wow! this forum is truly amazing. Guess, i'll be always online. Nice meeting you online, sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
                Hi Nuvists,

And quite a few people have even run gasoline generators with diesel fuel with the plasma ignition just to prove the point.
                Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                  And quite a few people have even run gasoline generators with diesel fuel with the plasma ignition just to prove the point.
                  Good day, sir, you are the inventor of plasma ignition? Congratulations! I have several questions about plasma ignition, if you don't mind. Q: is there a 'plug n play' device for non-diyer's? Does that mean plasma ignition can be used on compression ignition? I guess not. When the time will come when water/gasoline will be used worldwide will be the demise of the diesel engine. It will also make the eengine quasi-obsolete. This will be the greatest revolution in the automotive and oil industry. Nice meeting you, Aaron Murakami, sir.

(I am still in the dark on how plasma ignition work. Further re-reading the thread is required). I hope someone will come up with a complete device, ready for installation.
                  Last edited by nuvisys; 08-10-2019, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Buy Aaron's book package. You'll soon see why there is no plug-n-play solution.

Auto manufacturers aren't mandated by governments to install it at the factory because it would cut into tax monies earned from the oil industry, and all 3 of those parties and their employees like their jobs and their power. Trouble is, we're coming to a crossroads, a decision point about maintaining that status quo on this planet, or doing things differently so the planet won't kill us. (we probably couldn't get our acts together quickly enough to get ourselves off the planet before it does so)

Comment

• heysoundude, that's just too bad. I am now too old and lazy to 'diy' I could be the most ancient in this forum,having spent over 5 decades of electronics, starting with vacuum tube amps, using tubes such as the 6L6GC/EL34/5U4, etc. to arduinos. Like John Bedini who worked with KT-88 and perfected his audio amp with the highest standard of excellence. All I did was purchased the parts and assembled the kit. JB even made his own output transformer. Imagine, using positive feedback!

He has made a big impact on me that I will hang his picture on my workshop wall together with Tesla and Marcel Vogel.

I am still hopeful that someone will develop a 'plug n play' device, you'll never know. I saw some videos that claim to duplicate plasma ignition with the addition of a single, HV, low value capacitor. Of course, I am not fully convinced but I'll try it when I feel to experiment on it.

Q: Is the invention on h2ge.com applicable on diesel engines? The inventors are vague about this.

Comment

• The capacitor is important to collect the energy that's used in the plasma event, but it's really the diode that's key to making it happen.

I've not tried water injection or HHO yet (and I've just found some good information on HHHN/NH3) because I'm looking to get plasma happening on mine first, but there's little doubt in my mind water contributes to higher efficiency/cleaner ICEs and diesels.

Comment

• Any one tried two ignition coils in anti-parallel connection? The question is about the engines with distributor and multiplier.
                          The second coil may be connected to the main or to a secondary ignition module.

Any thoughts?
                          The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Plasma Ignition Plasma Jet Ignition

In summary:nI have a voltage regulator a ballast resistor, an electronic ignition module and a speed control unit all mounted on a bracket attached to the bell housing.nnRobC

If you loved this article and you would certainly such as to get additional information relating to Will fortnite be game of the year kindly see our own web page

Comment

• Hello
                              So, it seems that Granatelli is out of the question wrt 0 resistance wires. Everytime I think everything is in order they find a new obsticle to throw at me. I´m fed up with them and are about ready to write off the payment to them... Is there another known option with wires that are 0 ohm and EMI/RFI secure?

Thanks.
                              Torben

Comment

• Originally posted by Alstrup View Post
                                Hello
                                So, it seems that Granatelli is out of the question wrt 0 resistance wires. Everytime I think everything is in order they find a new obsticle to throw at me. I´m fed up with them and are about ready to write off the payment to them... Is there another known option with wires that are 0 ohm and EMI/RFI secure?

Thanks.
                                Torben
                                Interesting - they've been nothing but straightforward with me, but I'm Canadian. Might this have something to do with you being in Europe? Are there differences between cars there and here that they can't accommodate; specific connectors, for instance?
                                don't take this the wrong way, but if you're sending metric specifications to them, you might be derailing the process of a sale by confusing them (poor Americans...). Is it an EU standards issue that they're not confident in meeting?

Comment

Working...
                                X