2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 1,151 to 1,153 of 1153

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Hi Jeremiah,

Quote Originally Posted by RB176 View Post
    .............. What problems should I be watching for? Thanks Jeremiah
    The standard 14ga wire insulation is rated well below the high voltage it has to contain. It will work unless it is physically too close to a good path to ground.
    If the high voltage is shorting through the insulation you should be able to see sparks and arcing, especially after dark. It will also probably misfire if this occurs.
    Gary Hammond,

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hammond View Post
    Hi Jeremiah,

If the high voltage is shorting through the insulation you should be able to see sparks and arcing, especially after dark. It will also probably misfire if this occurs.
    Just ordered some 30kv 18 gauge wire from eBay, may as well replace that to. Makes me wonder if that could have been my problem all along, although it is working fine now even with the low voltage wire. I’m tempted to try the HV wire in conjunction with my Granatelli 0 olm wire to see what happens.
    Last edited by RB176; 07-18-2019 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Adding

Quote Originally Posted by RB176 View Post
    Just ordered some 30kv 18 gauge wire from eBay, may as well replace that to. Makes me wonder if that could have been my problem all along, although it is working fine now even with the low voltage wire. I’m tempted to try the HV wire in conjunction with my Granatelli 0 olm wire to see what happens.
    My Msd wire has 45 ohms of resistance.