Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 110 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1141

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

  1. #1091
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    YOU HAVE TO READ THESE FEW POSTS FROM THE BOTTOM TO THE TOP TO GET THE SEQUENCE CORRECT

    I've been in contact with Firoz Musthafa for a while and he has done some of the best work with motorcycles that I know of:

    Some of the benefits he experienced:

    cooler temps in exhaust
    no carbon buildup
    extended oil life 400% until it starts to show color change
    reduced oil temp
    put finger on dipstick after 30km drive without burning fingers
    climbing hills in 5th gear

    103km per liter with 150cc motorcycle engine = (390 kilometers per gallon = 242 miles per gallon!)
    50cc can get close to 100mpg, 150cc lower range is about 60 and upper range is 80-90 some claim up to 110.

    There are other mods you can ring about like the Singh grooves.



    On 4/15/2019 12:08 PM, Firoz Musthafa wrote:
    Hi Aaron,

    (edit: I (Aaron) removed this reference to shady characters involved with the plasma ignition scene – you can read about that on Energetic Forum).

    Torque master plugs were the longest to survive plasma (about less than 1000 miles) among the other plugs which he tested.

    He mentioned that even tungsten with plasma was unable to endure anywhere closer to regular plug without plasma

    I think I should be focusing on larger gap and smaller discharge energies to achieve durability of plugs

    Manufacturing custom fire storm plugs are close to impossible since no one in my area does tig welding.

    Thanks,
    Firoz

    On Mon, Apr 8, 2019, 12:52 PM Firoz Musthafa wrote:
    Hi Aaron,

    You are free to publish these results, discussion and videos, no problem, I don't mind my name/mail appearing in energy science forum and I am willing to contribute the forum.
    If anyone can benefit with my experiments I will consider it to be a good deed.

    I haven't tried ultrasonic mist yet, I have an ultrasonic fogger which I bought a while back for the same use and I am planning to finish installation this month.

    Steam injection leans out engine because steam is introduced to inlet manifold while vacuum is very high, which is the reason for reduction in rpm. But rpm is stable when plasma and steam is on and engine braking is significantly lower compared to without steam injection. Attached is my steam injection setup
    (There is a hose in inlet manifold
    The vacuum in that hose is so strong that it can suck water, what I did was I routed that hose to heat exchanger copper coil wounded over super hot silencer and that is connected to a hose that can suck water from the water bottle So when engine runs, the engine uses the vacuum to suck water from water bottle through a small regulator (to adjust volume of water) which is connected to copper tube on silencer, so water will enter through regulator and through the hot coil and enter into the inlet manifold and gets mixed with the petrol vapor coming from carburetor )

    I recently came across Torque Masters spark plug, built with stainless steel electrode, they claim it to last a really long time due to higher plug gap, the basic idea they use is the field effect design which Robert Krupa is highlighting in his firestorm spark plug design and surface conductance through the surface of ceramic. I have ordered a set from them to test out its longevity.
    They too have claims similar to firestorm plugs.

    https://youtu.be/1cIaTOTZByk

    Thanks,
    Firoz
    On Mon, Apr 8, 2019, 2:58 AM Aaron Murakami wrote:
    Hi Firoz,
    Thank you for these updates and videos.
    Besides steam, have you tried cold water fog produced from an ultrasonic transducer? If cold, it has a chance to rapidly expand when it gets into the combustion chamber and compressed.
    That's interesting the steam by itself causes a reduction in rpm - perhaps it is displacing too much of the cooler air coming in through the carburetor?
    Would you be open to posting all of this in energy science forum or would you mind if I posted our conversation there? I can remove your name if you want to be anonymous but you should get credit for this work. I can remove the email for sure. Also, do I have your permission to post your two videos on my YouTube channel? I can give you credit by posting your name on a title screen.
    I think you're the only one who has successfully put this on a motorcycle powered by an alternator. As simple as it seems, I don't know anyone who has done that in the last 11 years.
    I agree with the tungsten plug. However, there is a change to the geometry that is required for longevity. Search Robert Krupa - his "Firestorm" plug geometry will make it last a long time. The patents are expired so it is public domain. He showed videos in the past showing large plasma blasts on his plug, however, what he hid from everyone is the fact that he was using a variation of the plasma ignition circuit to do it. He wanted people to believe the effect was from the geometry of the plug, which it is not - that is just for longevity. With that geometry, copper beryllium and other materials could be used.
    Thanks,
    Aaron

    This is a wonderful exchange showing what can be accomplished with a number of combustion efficiency additions to a ICE-equipped vehicle operating in concert;
    while this was focused on plasma ignition, there was talk of water vapour/steam injection, manipulating the turbulence of the intake airstream in the manifold, power factor correction applied to offset alternator drain...

    this is where I'm angling to take my daily driver. It all seems to start with plasma/ignition. Already have TorqueMaster plugs and Granatelli wires
    Last edited by heysoundude; 04-23-2019 at 05:53 PM.

  2. #1092
    Has anyone experimented with spark plug design for plasma. Aaron I know you have opened the plug gap by bending the ground strap perpendicular to the plug and I do like that it will help build up even more capacitance, but I am concerned with doing so that it may crack the ground straps weld and may break over time. Maybe heating them till they were red would help. Do you think surface gap or perhaps a plug with a cut back strap with an exposed electrode would be a good choice. If normal plug gap is .035 what would be a good starting point with a plasma setup .050 more? Thanks Jeremiah

  3. #1093
    Hi Jeremiah,

    Quote Originally Posted by RB176 View Post
    Has anyone experimented with spark plug design for plasma. ...............Do you think surface gap or perhaps a plug with a cut back strap with an exposed electrode would be a good choice. If normal plug gap is .035 what would be a good starting point with a plasma setup .050 more? Thanks Jeremiah
    I have experimented with regular plugs, plugs with the ground strap removed, and also surface gap plugs. I found that the surface gap plugs work the best for me in my test rig, my Bradley GT, and also in my generator set. (I've posted all this previously in this thread.)

    With regular plugs you will need .050" minimum. The surface gap plugs are about .053" gap and are non-adjustable.
    Gary Hammond,

  4. #1094
    F9CEEE48-EC4D-4BF4-8BCF-D0D9D8DDD779.jpg Well I’ll have to try to open the gap to .050 obviously spark jump is in an issue lol.

  5. #1095
    Quote Originally Posted by RB176 View Post
    Has anyone experimented with spark plug design for plasma. Aaron I know you have opened the plug gap by bending the ground strap perpendicular to the plug and I do like that it will help build up even more capacitance, but I am concerned with doing so that it may crack the ground straps weld and may break over time. Maybe heating them till they were red would help. Do you think surface gap or perhaps a plug with a cut back strap with an exposed electrode would be a good choice. If normal plug gap is .035 what would be a good starting point with a plasma setup .050 more? Thanks Jeremiah
    why not see how far you can go before misfire by opening plugs +10% of stock until it does misfire? (.038-.041-.044...) or power/mileage begin to drop?
    if your car has a carb/distributor, you could even lean and play with timing for optimum results. that's why it's called tuning.

    I use the Torquemaster plugs in my Daily Driver, and I believe they're 50% or more over stock gap...of course, as I've mentioned before, that's using Granatelli wires between plugs and coil, so all of the ignition energy hits the plug. That's the key part. If you're using resistorless plugs in preparation for switching to the Murakami ignition, ensure your grounding is solid or enhanced.

  6. #1096
    Just as a follow up of my torque master plug experience, torque master plug which I received had 4.3k resistor in it which prevents plasma, which disappointed me. when I talked to Daniel Diaz (torque master) he said that all torque master plugs comes with flexible resistor to overcome EPA regulation. This resistor is designed in such a way that when it runs for 200 to 1000km it breaks down and acts like a non resistor. When I tested after driving for 70km I noticed that resistance decreased from 4.3k to 3.4k. Will test again after completing 1000km.
    One thing I noticed with Torque master plug is it is impossible to foul up the spark plug regardless of how much rich mixture is used. I even tried opening the choke for 1 minute, usually with 1 minute of choke, plug will be covered with thick black soot. But torque master still remained spotless even with the presence of resistor.
    Because of the absence of plasma, there is definitely some reduction in power, but combustion is way better than all spark plugs I have tested till date(ngk, champion, bosch, iridium ngk, Takai non resistor iridium and cheap Chinese non resistor plug)
    When I discussed with Daniel Diaz, he mentioned that if demand is high for tungsten non resistor plugs, he is willing to manufacture non resistor tungsten torque master plugs.

  7. #1097
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,400
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by firozmusthafa View Post
    Just as a follow up of my torque master plug experience, torque master plug which I received had 4.3k resistor in it which prevents plasma, which disappointed me. when I talked to Daniel Diaz (torque master) he said that all torque master plugs comes with flexible resistor to overcome EPA regulation. This resistor is designed in such a way that when it runs for 200 to 1000km it breaks down and acts like a non resistor. When I tested after driving for 70km I noticed that resistance decreased from 4.3k to 3.4k. Will test again after completing 1000km.
    One thing I noticed with Torque master plug is it is impossible to foul up the spark plug regardless of how much rich mixture is used. I even tried opening the choke for 1 minute, usually with 1 minute of choke, plug will be covered with thick black soot. But torque master still remained spotless even with the presence of resistor.
    Because of the absence of plasma, there is definitely some reduction in power, but combustion is way better than all spark plugs I have tested till date(ngk, champion, bosch, iridium ngk, Takai non resistor iridium and cheap Chinese non resistor plug)
    When I discussed with Daniel Diaz, he mentioned that if demand is high for tungsten non resistor plugs, he is willing to manufacture non resistor tungsten torque master plugs.
    Hi Firoz, great to see you in here. I didn't post your last couple updates because I went out of town.

    Even with tungsten, I don't believe they will hold up long term to the plasma. The entire geometry needs to be changed.

    This is the kind of igniter the plasma is intended to be used with but I don't know know anyone who has done this. Small recessed cavity in end of plug where the plasma detonates and it shoots out like a jet. I have the pic in the Ignition Secrets book and video presentation.



    I've tried this with off the shelf non-foulers but the cavity is too big but anyone should be able to weld some material in the non-fouler to take up space. They look like this - could be put on end of non-resistor plug and with cavity filled to make it smaller, could work well as a plasma jet igniter:



    This is the original preferred method but of course a single plug made that way to begin with.

    The Firestorm plug has been tested with the plasma ignition and some reported long life - the patents are expired so it is public domain.

    Read this: http://www.hho4free.com/spark%20plug...lasmaplugs.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  8. #1098
    If Torquemaster are willing to make tungsten plugs, it might be worthwhile asking if they'd be willing to make Beryllium Copper plugs. Surely they would buy the supplies if there was a demand for that to be used in place of Stainless or tungsten.
    My understanding is that copper is a better conductor than steel or tungsten, so I'd be willing to order a set, if the beryllium gave the plugs a longer service life.

    Aaron - you seem to be more versed in the metallurgy than I know myself to be; which of the BeCu alloys from this link (http://beryllium.eu/properties-of-beryllium-alloys/) should be used? your pdf is non-specific, but I'd guess it would be alloy 3 or 10 from what I can tell. maybe the guy at Extreme Spark can enlighten us? Firoz, you've chatted with them...would you be willing to take that on?

    I rather like that the wiki page indicates that BeCu is an RFI insulator: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryllium_copper
    Last edited by heysoundude; 05-15-2019 at 09:02 AM.

  9. #1099
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,400
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by heysoundude View Post
    If Torquemaster are willing to make tungsten plugs, it might be worthwhile asking if they'd be willing to make Beryllium Copper plugs. Surely they would buy the supplies if there was a demand for that to be used in place of Stainless or tungsten.
    My understanding is that copper is a better conductor than steel or tungsten, so I'd be willing to order a set, if the beryllium gave the plugs a longer service life.

    Aaron - you seem to be more versed in the metallurgy than I know myself to be; which of the BeCu alloys from this link (http://beryllium.eu/properties-of-beryllium-alloys/) should be used? your pdf is non-specific, but I'd guess it would be alloy 3 or 10 from what I can tell. maybe the guy at Extreme Spark can enlighten us? Firoz, you've chatted with them...would you be willing to take that on?

    I rather like that the wiki page indicates that BeCu is an RFI insulator: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryllium_copper
    I know those people that make the Torquemaster.

    No matter what material you use, the geometry is just wrong for a long life plasma plug.

    The Firestorm one is the only one proven to last longer than any other geometry but the jet plug still needs to be tested.
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  10. #1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    I know those people that make the Torquemaster.

    No matter what material you use, the geometry is just wrong for a long life plasma plug.

    The Firestorm one is the only one proven to last longer than any other geometry but the jet plug still needs to be tested.
    How is the geometry wrong?
    and where can I find proof about the firestorm?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •