Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

subadude. i.m using a stock CDI for my 3 cyclinder car equipped with negative ground alternator. i actually did what you did by connecting one end of 3 arrays of diodes (25 pcs in each array- each diode is rated 6amps ) all together to one wire that goes to coil primary + terminal. the Other end of each array/block to each plug wire tied in at plug terminal. unfortunately i got no plasma spark. what i did instead was connect the other end to my plasma circuit with 10uf 400v charging cap and 2.2 uf booster cap. this circuit is powered by an inverter. what i want understand is how were you able to produce plasma spark with that simple connections. do you think using an MSD instead of a stock CDI made a difference? (sorry for my English, i am from Philippines).

thanks.

Yeah akosiwilly, I think the 5520 MSD Streetfire or similar is required. what car uses a CDI as stock ignition? I thought CDI was aftermarket only. Maybe you could do a conversion to the 5520? I got mine from Amazon for about $120.00. My car stock is just magnetic trigger electronic ignition, nuttin' fancy.

That made my car very adaptable. Adapted it is!
    First question re: yours ,is--
    what type triggering is yours? Magnetic, optical, Hall effect, or? that's first question to answer. Does it use a distributor?

Cheers!

Subadude

i

hi subadude. i don't any idea about the type of CDI my car has. but it has a distributor. inside that distributor is the CDI. this CDI discharges about 350 to 400 volts in the ignition coil. Sorry i don't have the manual of my car. It's actually a suzuki every van made in ***an with 660cc engine. In my present setup using an external power source (inverter) works good in my plasma ignition. The only problem i have is that the sparkplug electrode corrodes easily. I'm using bosch resistorless sparkplug with copper electrode. i introduced water injection system via high vacuum line just using plain bubbler. I used to have a ultrasonic transducer water vaporizer in placed instead of bubbler. but this vaporizer injects more water in the intake manifold and it's not good for my car. having this water injector really improves the performance of my car.

Your Very Welcome!

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post
    This paper is my theory as to how an internal combustion engine can be run on only water vapor or only on air.
    Thomas, the engine could even run on just air - you might enjoy seeing the work by Andreyev on Authothermia. Probably needs its own thread.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post
    Aaron

This gray tube drawing is great to help others understand hookups for high voltage flash of good colors. You could put it up with a tesla coil and mini lightning.

Will it charge a battery for you, or are these just fun experiments you had done. I like green flashes too.

Attachment 2028
    I have done many battery charging experiments with the "green plasma" and yes, it does charge them up. I think there is a lot of experimentation that needs to be done with this.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by subadude View Post
    Yeah, Aaron, I noticed the ferrite ring on the Granatelli's when I was searching for wires. Major reason I picked 'em, and the plug terminal stuff was a serendipity.

I've wondered about using similar ferrite pieces for other areas of this mod, like over the wires connecting diode blocks to plug wires. But I lack expertise to know any more of this. I also searched for braided sheathing for these same wires, the white silicone insulated ones w/ the heat shrink tubing.

Josh Lee over at Silver State Wire and Cable said he has a few versions of braided sheathing, I plan on looking him up to see what he's got. If that works out I'll post on it.

If anybody can add info 'bout dealing w/ RFI interference, that would be Great!

Thanks, subadude.
    @ SUBADUDE: Any kind of news yet from Josh Lee? (wish we had the same service in my country)

Quote Originally Posted by Willem Coetzee View Post
    @ SUBADUDE: Any kind of news yet from Josh Lee? (wish we had the same service in my country)
    Hi Wellem, yes I talked w/ Josh recently, he said he's got some different braided sheathing, and that one end of such needs to be grounded, which I already knew. and yes you are right I'm lucky that his shop and places like Summit Racing are right here! In fact Silver State is 5 minutes from Summit out in Sparks.

I'll go see him next week, have to remember to ask about ferrite rings. But remember that all the stuff I used for the Plasma mod is or should be available online. And that's why I shared contact info for Josh and Silver State! I don't think the green wire and heat shrink are so exotic, I just wanted to find a brick/mortar supplier. BTW Josh Lee's email is: josh@silverstatewire.com

subadude

Question Water vapor injection?

OK so tonite I impulsively ordered a water vapor injection setup for the Plasmatized Subie. Been thinking 'bout this awhile--after all this idea has been/was originally spoken of as a way to use water in engines. Not going to try to replace gasoline, just add a bit of water vapor into the intake below the carb. Probably introduce thru the PCV valve, it's capped off now.
    Anyone else here done anything like this? thoughts, criticisms, ideas, questions...?

One thing I don't like about adding this way is it causes a vacuum leak, but water vapor thru carb top could rust things in there.

anyhow I'll post results as it goes

subadude

Can be done direct at bell. Creating superheated steam to point of ignition damper. Excellant cylinder cleaner. May produce pitting by water trap behind ring.

Peter