No announcement yet.

Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey Realtravel - the second pic of the coil, with the green(ish?) wire just below what looks like the boot of the HV/HT wire that goes to the plug - those blackish with yellow wires at the centred terminal...where do THEY go to/come from?

Comment

• Hi Heysoundude
      Thanks for comments on my post, I dont know where the black and yellow wire go to, I will have to trace them, I will need a wiring schamatic, will let you know, I still have not heard back from Aaron or Froz, hopefully there still alive.

Comment

• Aaron has moved on to other energy research, it seems, leveraging some of the principles he learned through FE research.

Comment

• I have a question I was hoping someone could answer. I’m currently using the PRHV2A 20KV diodes and getting a lot of plug wear to the point of getting misfires in a relatively short amount of time. So if I switched to a PRHVP-16 1A/16KV would/could that help reduce plug wear? I know I might not have as much spark but I was hoping it would still have a plasma
          effects with less plug wear. Thoughts ?

Comment

• Hi Jeremiah,

So if I switched to a PRHVP-16 1A/16KV would/could that help reduce plug wear? I know I might not have as much spark but I was hoping it would still have a plasma
            Might be worth a try, but it may also blow the diode. Only one way to find out.

Did the NGK shunt gap plugs not hold up for you either? I've had pretty good success with them in my Bradley. I have an older MSD unit with fewer joules, so that may be part of the reason why they work for me. I'm also running a 9 to 1 compression ratio on regular gasohol.

Gary Hammond,

Comment

• Gary thanks for reminding me about those NGK plugs, I bought a few but never tried them because they run very cold. So what I am using are the Brisk DO10LGS-T which is still a surface gap plug. I guess what I’ll do is run the plug that’s in for now and when it goes bad replace it with the BUE2322 and see what happens. Honestly I don’t think with this much energy any plug will last very long.

Comment

• Also it’s at about 10.5 to 1 compression ratio on 110 race gas. I’m using the Msd street fire 5520.

Comment

• Originally posted by RB176 View Post
                  I have a question I was hoping someone could answer. I’m currently using the PRHV2A 20KV diodes and getting a lot of plug wear to the point of getting misfires in a relatively short amount of time. So if I switched to a PRHVP-16 1A/16KV would/could that help reduce plug wear? I know I might not have as much spark but I was hoping it would still have a plasma
                  effects with less plug wear. Thoughts ?
                  There are multiple ways to proverbially skin cats:
                  https://youtu.be/-SWDVxbmKaA
                  Last edited by heysoundude; 08-26-2021, 09:39 AM. Reason: qualifier, for the sensitive folk

Comment

• My plasma ignition, surface discharge spark plugs, last update, had an unexpected result: simultaneous double sparks:

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 11-30-2021, 05:17 PM. Reason: Bigger photo
                    The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Here is mine plasma jet spark plug:

Click image for larger version  Name:	The%20Kinked%20Plasma%20%28Jet%29%20spark%20plug%205.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.0 KB ID:	73788
                      Here for more: https://www.vwsyncro.eu/p/blog-page_34.html
                      (scroll down please).
                      Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 10-19-2022, 04:25 AM.
                      The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Can any one tell me if there is plasma-ignition systems being made by any one on the list that I could buy, In a kit lay out, or a pre-made unit?

Thank you
                        Ron Hammar
                        rlhammar@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X